Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army Recruitment - Questions Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Venema

Shocko1993 wrote: »
    Ill see you there so. :D

hopefully i need to find a way there first >.< and get my fitness level up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

beco2010 wrote: »
    got my PT for the navy today, but it is the same day as the army. the navy is first thing in the morning and the army is mid day. does anyone know if it would look bad to try and change the day for one of them or to just get on with it and do them as i would be able for it,

i changed mine they didnt have a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Shocko1993

Venema wrote: »
    hopefully i need to find a way there first >.< and get my fitness level up!

Im bussing it. :) Just Push Push Push man!

Im bussing it. :) Just Push Push Push man!

where you located at the moment? its possible to get a bus outside it or close even?

where you located at the moment? its possible to get a bus outside it or close even?

I live in Cabra. Get the 15 bus from College green in the City Centre. Towards Rathmines. :)

• Advertisement

dont even know where Cabra is dude haha im located down in the back ends of wicklow harder time for me i guess especially that early

dont even know where Cabra is dude haha im located down in the back ends of wicklow harder time for me i guess especially that early

Can you get a bus to the city centre?

im pretty sure i can possibly a train close to it anyway ill need to check myself

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Onanon

7.45AM on June 6th, lovely stuff.
    Only problem is that I needed a third slice off an ingrown toenail for it to heal, whole thing should be good to run on by Monday. Hope my time is good enough after 6 weeks off.

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Did ya need to share that with us? :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Onanon

I'll send you a picture if you want :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

My Da was an NCO and he said about 3-4 hours.

He's wrong.

It'll take roughly 2 and a half hours.
    Turbine wrote: »
    Did ya need to share that with us? :S
    Onanon wrote: »
    I'll send you a picture if you want :3

You two should've applied for the Navy. You could flirt your life away there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ClarkyTrd

Does the run consist of x2 full laps of the barracks at Cathal Brugha?

I'm in at 7:45 in the morning. Anyone know how many people will be tested at my test?

And which comes first, the run or the other exercises?

Thanks,
    John

ClarkyTrd wrote: »
    Does the run consist of x2 full laps of the barracks at Cathal Brugha?

I'm in at 7:45 in the morning. Anyone know how many people will be tested at my test?

And which comes first, the run or the other exercises?

Thanks,
    John

Yeah I believe it's 2 laps. Exercises first.

Best of luck lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Hey just a question for a friend, If the Bmi is over 30 will they do a callipers test or just disqualify , He's around 13-15% bodyfat , but his BMI will be huge considering the height to his weight

Thanks In advance

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wills21

Hey just a question for a friend, If the Bmi is over 30 will they do a callipers test or just disqualify , He's around 13-15% bodyfat , but his BMI will be huge considering the height to his weight

Thanks In advance

Thats something I wouldn't mind knowing myself, like if a guy is stacked with muscle his BMI would be way over.

Thanks In advance

Callipers will be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Ok and what % of body fat is disqualifaction, I know they say 70mm just wondering that in %

Ok and what % of body fat is disqualifaction, I know they say 70mm just wondering that in %

To be honest I genuinely haven't a clue. 13-15% isn't bad though, he should be ok I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 alley2020

Do they do the BMI test first when u go in for the fitness test?? Also for push ups and sit ups which cums first, also how long can u expect the fitness to go on for??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ClarkyTrd

They check your height, weight and bmi on the day.

Then you do your warm up, push ups then situps.

Roughly takes about 2 and a half hours.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Its all sequential.

You get your BMI checked first. Formula, you will be measured and weighed on the day. Common sense is applied regarding weight and BMI. If there is any doubt callipers will come out.

If you fail here your D/Q'd.

Then screening and warm up.

Then to the mats for Push ups & sit ups. You will be stopped when you reach required amount. But if you fail at either exercise you will not go any further.

Then off to location for your timed run. Again pass or fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Cheers for the order Duffman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭not_a_robot

Just wondering has anybody here done the DF medical before and if they remember what kind of declarations have to be made on the form you're given to fill out on the day? Do they check up your medical records as well by any chance? cheers in advance for any replies.

Advertisement