Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Troops in Contact: The Rionegro Initiative August 17th-19th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kerryairsofter

sliabh wrote: »
    Nope, not asked already. There won't be mag rental on the day. We will be working to an ammo limit so 6 mids is about all you should need.

If you plan to play more Milsim (and I'd be surprised if you don't after an event like this) then the investment in mid caps is well worthwhile as all these style of games are mid cap only.

Oh right thanks for that upgrading the gun atm so cash is a bit tight but might scrape up some malla for em :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭RummyMc

Unsinnig wrote: »
    Rummy, you forgot to mention that ESS are also tasked with the safety of your manly beard there :D

The beard finally got the chop yesterday but I'm sure it'll be back in time :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Hi lads, two questions!

1. Are there any public transport links to Bellurgan? I don't drive and would love to go!

2. I see that hats are the main way of identifying individual factions, how will this effect Ghillie Suit users?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Oh right thanks for that upgrading the gun atm so cash is a bit tight but might scrape up some malla for em :)

Mid caps cost feck all and like a previous poster said you have 3 months till the event you can buy 10 mid cap for about 30 euro on one of the airsoftsite on-line not a massive amount of money .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Hi lads, two questions!

1. Are there any public transport links to Bellurgan? I don't drive and would love to go!
    You will have no problems getting to Dundalk. Bellurgan park is 8km outside, so its a short taxi ride. But I will check with the lads if they can do something about a mini-bus (they have in the past).
    2. I see that hats are the main way of identifying individual factions, how will this effect Ghillie Suit users?
    Ghillie suit users take their chances (like all snipers)!

You can keep appropriate head gear with you, or you can run the risk of being shot at by your own side as well :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Ghillie suit users take their chances (like all snipers)!

You can keep appropriate head gear with you, or you can run the risk of being shot at by your own side as well :-)

Excellent stuff! Just the way I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Any idea is there many places left in the Penitents and the 38th SWG? Still discussing with friends which unit of the Republicanos to go for.

We will have closed Faction and Team threads on the MilSim Forum again this year.

After you have registered for the game, and when you have got your booking confirmation PM me (username SLIABH) with your MilSim forum username, your email address, and your unit. I will then give you access to the closed forum.

Any idea is there many places left in the Penitents and the 38th SWG? Still discussing with friends which unit of the Republicanos to go for.
    There is space still on both. Right now there has been a lot of demand for Patriota units and it looks like the PMCs will be full by Friday.

Translation of article from May 31st edition of La Nación de Rionegro.
    Published in San Pedro, Rionegro.
    Note: Articles in La Nación are subject to censorship by President Munoz’s
    Ministry of Interior.

Army to recruit convicted criminals straight from jails
    “These men have no honour, but they may win glory”.
    In this time of national emergency the army has confirmed that it is continuing to add to its ranks by scouring jails for criminals who might be recruited in exchange for time off from their sentences. Despite some over hyped criticism of the pilot scheme last year, recruitment officers will continue to visit institutions across the country for volunteers. Potential recruits will take part in a 4-week military training programme being run by the National Prison Service. The Army will then assign recruits to dedicated “Penitent” units where they can win remission from their sentences by serving their country.

Critics claim that the scheme is scraping the bottom of the barrel because the Army cannot find enough recruits through traditional methods, that the training on offer is substandard, and that some units lack sufficient equipment. An anonymous poster on a recently banned website said: "This is typical of the Government. Our military services are so overstretched and desperate for soldiers that they are entertaining the idea of going into prisons to recruit. Who will they recruit and what sort of crimes will they have committed?"

Republicano defence minister, Miguel Rayón denied these baseless allegations.
    "I think most people would agree that a spell in the Army is the best thing for a lot of these people, and this offers them a chance to repay Rionegro for their crimes.”

Major Juan Comoros, who is leading the Penitent recruitment program, said: "We are trying to be more inclusive. We are not lowering standards or scraping the barrel. We are trying to help people who have made a mistake in life and are trying to pay for that mistake. We believe military service will offer the chance of returning a better citizen to Rionegron society."

Minister Rayón did admit that the pilot program ran last year had minor teething problems. “Some of the criminals did not appreciate the opportunity that they were given. One of the learnings we took away was that there is a need for more active supervision of Penitent soldiers, for hands on rehabilitation, and for stricter penalties for those that refuse to seize the chance they have been offered. This has led to the creation of the Penal Commissar Corps. These experienced men are dedicated to maximising the effectiveness of Penitent units, while ensuring they do not endanger the good citizens of Republicano Rionegro.”

Major Comoros added “The Penal Commissars have been instrumental in putting in place a new Penitents Code, which is the credo the men of Penitent Units will live and die by.”

The new Penitent Units are also having an impact on the rest of the Republicano army. From May 31st under Command Order 227, line infantry who are judged by their field officers as having breached military regulations can be demoted and assigned to Penitent units as an alternative to being sentenced to military prisons. This means they can continue to serve Rionegro in their disgrace rather than idling at the public’s expense.

The Penitents Code:
    1. "We have no honour, but we may win glory"
    2. "Not a step back"
    3. "No surrender"
    4. "Death to deserters"
    5. "We pay for our crimes with our blood"

• Advertisement

Monday Update:
    For the game this year we decided to cap player numbers at a number that is higher than the total attendance for last year (we had over 150 for the Rionegro Mandate). In the week we have been taking bookings we have seen a lot of demand and we have already sold more than 1/4 of the tickets and the PMC unit is now full.

We are reviewing the situation to see if we will raise the cap a bit. If we do it means that there will be a few extra places in the PMC (not more than 5 though). You can still select the PMCs when booking, but it is very likely that you will be placed in your 2nd choice unit.

Once we make a call on the cap we will make a further announcement here.

In other news we are hoping to make the rules for this year's game available later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Locdown

was just wondering when we should be getting an e-mail to confirm our booking i booked for a me and a mate on the 5,thanks.

Locdown wrote: »
    was just wondering when we should be getting an e-mail to confirm our booking i booked for a me and a mate on the 5,thanks.
    The Bellurgan guys are handling that end of things. Assuming you have done the usual check of your spam folder and so on, PM me your email address and the name used in your booking and I can check the list here.

Cheers man PM on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

The Bellurgan guys are handling that end of things. Assuming you have done the usual check of your spam folder and so on, PM me your email address and the name used in your booking and I can check the list here.

I would imagine they have a backlog as I don't think I have received one either but I have been given access to the private forums on MilSim.

Yeah I emailed the lads at Bellurgan and they said there is a bit of a backlog. Also said they should be on top of things by tonight.

When you have your booking confirmation number PM it to me on the MilSim forum and I will give you access to the closed forum for your faction.

Crap, still no email. Anyone else have any joy?

Crap, still no email. Anyone else have any joy?

Ya, I received my notification overnight around 2:15AM

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    Ya, I received my notification overnight around 2:15AM

By any chance did you sign up for the PMCs? They might be sorting the more popular factions first.

• Advertisement

By any chance did you sign up for the PMCs? They might be sorting the more popular factions first.

No, quite the opposite. I went with the ARM :P

After a bit of discussion we decided our our player cap of "two hundred-ish" which is 1/3 bigger than we got for last year's game. In a week and half we have shifted nearly a third of the tickets and the PMCs have already filled up, so this is shaping up to be even bigger than last year.

If we sell everything out well in advance of the game we might look at increasing the size of some of the big units (the Heavies and Light Infantry). But the smaller more "colourful" units (Hunters, Grupo de Asistencia, Special Weapons Group and the Penitents) will not be increased. So if you want to get into them you had better book soon!

Got my confirmation this morning 2am ish, me and a mate are in for ARM aswell :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

Would a shebang be used as a bandana

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    Would a shebang be used as a bandana

Going to have to admit my ignorance. What is a 'shebang'?

shemagh I think?

I f**king hate autocorrect:mad::mad:
    (images of ricki martin in my head now!!:eek::eek::eek:)
    but ya i meant shemagh

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    I f**king hate autocorrect:mad::mad:
    (images of ricki martin in my head now!!:eek::eek::eek:)
    but ya i meant shemagh
    Well I was going to say you could wear a whole shebang...

Ideally we want people to keep their heads covered. But what we are going to say in the rules is that you must have the correct headgear for your unit on you at all times (and produce it if asked). A shemagh could be worn as a bandana if needed.

You can leave off your headgear, and take the risk of friendly fire (all hits count).

Under no circumstances may players wear the headgear of another faction. That will be cheating.

Well I was going to say you could wear a whole shebang...

Ideally we want people to keep their heads covered. But what we are going to say in the rules is that you must have the correct headgear for your unit on you at all times (and produce it if asked). A shemagh could be worn as a bandana if needed.

You can leave off your headgear, and take the risk of friendly fire (all hits count).

Under no circumstances may players wear the headgear of another faction. That will be cheating.
    what about if a player was captured and we "borrowed" the head gear?:D:D
    all jokes aside this sounds cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

might try to make this, I havent been airsofting for over a year due to work.

Advertisement