Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITU World Triathlon Series (spoiler alert)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Well down coming into T2, actually did not dismount in time and has a 10sec pen. She looks like she is seriously struggling on the run. IMO it would be best if she called it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Well down coming into T2, actually did not dismount in time and has a 10sec pen. She looks like she is seriously struggling on the run. IMO it would be best if she called it a day.
    that wont do the confidence much good

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

Murray's swim is quiet weak in comparison to the other medal contenders. What would you say the chances of him not getting of the bike with the leaders in the olympics will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Im petty sure London wont be 1 mass group. That said the guys behind will also be more aggressive as its an all or nothing race rather than racing for just a top 20 etc which a lot would do just to secure a start at the next events by increasing their ranking. I don't think he'd run with Alistair or Jonny anyway. He's gutsy but at 8 to 9k id say they'd start pulling away. Gona be a hell of a race though. All my fingers are crossed that i can get somewhere on course where i actually know whats going on! Going to be queuing from the wee hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

bombidal wrote: »
    Murray's swim is quiet weak in comparison to the other medal contenders. What would you say the chances of him not getting of the bike with the leaders in the olympics will be?

I think the olympic final will be like nothing we have seen before. The swim is going to be so quick and ya, Murray will not make lead pack and imo the chase pack will not have a hope of catching the lead pack as it will be seriously drilled. Murray is a very good biker/runner though, I can see him make his way up the field into the top 10...not bad for a guy in his first season as an ITU pro racer (open to correction there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I think the olympic final will be like nothing we have seen before. The swim is going to be so quick and ya, Murray will not make lead pack and imo the chase pack will not have a hope of catching the lead pack as it will be seriously drilled. Murray is a very good biker/runner though, I can see him make his way up the field into the top 10...not bad for a guy in his first season as an ITU pro racer (open to correction there)

I think it depends on the tactics for the race from Team GB (God, I hate that name!). If the Brownlees decide they are going to race the whole things balls to the wall then I don't think anyone could live with their pace. They might risk burning out though.

If they decide that they'll go for it on the run and let the pack come back together in the bike then it will be up for grabs if one of the other competitors has an unbelievable run.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

I think is pretty clear what they are going to try and do with Hayes selected. All out effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

bombidal wrote: »
    I think is pretty clear what they are going to try and do with Hayes selected. All out effort!

I dunno, Hayes will be behind after the swim so unless they are going to use him to slow down any attempt at a chase on the lead group on the bike?

Advertisement