Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Takes me a good while I have to say. For example if I'm working at twelve I'll get up at 9.30. Have a shower, dry and straighten my hair, makeup and get dressed. That would normally take an hour, I like to have about an hour to sit around and eat breakfast, check emails or whatever and then I leave the house at half eleven and walk to work, only takes 15 minutes but I like to be on time :) I dont find it that hard to get out of bed in the morning, good at times but annoying when you wake up at 9 o clock on your day off and can't get back to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

It depends on where I'm going, but usually will take me half an hour for just a normal day.

If I've something special on, maybe 45 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Crikey, the amount of you all saying you'd have it all done in about 25-30 mins is crazy, and I'm also jealous! I've reallllly thick hair, and it's about mid way down my back. I'd struggle to get my hair dry and straight in that time alone! >.<

I generally just pile my hair up after that. In terms of make up, I always give it a bit if foundation in the morning, because I've a pasty complexion. I just look unwell most of the time without a little on. I've low BP, I don't know if that has anything to do with it, and have been occasionally been put in iron supplements. Anyway, I look like the undead without a spash of foundation :pac:

I've never checked how long it takes from start to finish, I will next time though ><

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Abi wrote: »
    Crikey, the amount of you all saying you'd have it all done in about 25-30 mins is crazy, and I'm also jealous!

Well don't be jealous of me, if you saw the angles my hair had arranged themselves into this morning it would make you feel better about taking longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

I work evenings and from home (study) , when i was doing odd mornings last year, i'd shower night before (not morning person at ALL) , decide what i'm bringing for lunch, have idea of what i'm wearing and stuff i need to bring to work ready or in car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Takes me about 25 minutes to put on a bit of make up, put contacts in, get dressed and have breakfast, then head to the bus.

I wash my hair/shower the night before cause I like every extra second in bed, so not a morning person!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Up at 5.40am and I am out of the house by 6.20am. I have my shower in the night time as well, hate getting i bed dirty :D

I just get up and do my make up and then have brekkie in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If I'm showering in the morning (including washing, blowdryin' and straighning) it'll take me about an hour.

If I'm showering without washing my hair it'll take about 20mins.

I have my lunch, breakfast and clothes laid out from the night before.

I never go to work without makeup on unless I'm going straight from the gym (and I'm in an hour before everyone else so put it on at my desk).

Don't care if that makes me 'high maintanence'. It makes me feel comfortable and confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Don't care if that makes me 'high maintanence'. It makes me feel comfortable and confident.

I wouldn't be seen dead outside the house without my make up on :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Fiona wrote: »
    I wouldn't be seen dead outside the house without my make up on :o

Well I'm lucky that only one person (the security guard) ever see's me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

About 40 minutes. I wear a uniform most of the time except on days when I have a meeting but always have clothes ready the night before. Since I started slimming world 5 weeks ago, I also have my breakfast layed out, porridge weighted out/weetabix in a bowl covered with cling film, berries washed and in a bowl in the fridge. teabag in mug, water in the kettle!! Plus lunch ready.

So its out of bed, shower, wash hair, my hair is curly so during the week I just leave it and add a bit of anti frizz into it. make up, perfume (always) bracelet and earrings on and finally get dressed.

Have a quick breakfast, brush teeth, grab handbag and lunch and out the door. If I have a meeting I give myself a extra 10 minutes to look a bit more together and groomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

My morning has just taken on a whole new light...

I recently shaved my head for the Today FM Shave or Dye campaign, and while I never really took any time on my mid-back length hair before (it was always just pulled back in a bun), now I don't take any time with it. In fact, while dressing for work this morning, just before running out the door I glanced for the 1st time in a mirror & saw the bedhead on me :eek:

So I ran to the bathroom sink tap, dunked my head, wiped it dry with a towel & sorted! May just have to keep it short - this is just too handy :)

Outside of walking the dogs & waffling with the kids, my own personal getting-ready-for-work routine takes me less then 10 mins. I'm only now starting to play with makeup (maybe b/c the shaved head is prompting me to look a little feminine).

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

6 minutes.

I get dressed on the toilet, brush my teeth and go.

I always look a state. It wasn't until 3pm today that I realised my dress was inside out. I had noticed it was back to front on the way to college though.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

It takes me 20 minutes to get ready in the morning. Up, bathroom - brush teeth, wash face, make up and hair, bedroom - get dressed, kitchen - breakfast and make lunch and then out the door. Takes me less than 15 minutes to walk to work. :) If I'm in work at 9.30, I don't have to get up until ten to or five to 9. SLEEP! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It takes me 20 minutes to get ready in the morning. Up, bathroom - brush teeth, wash face, make up and hair, bedroom - get dressed, kitchen - breakfast and make lunch and then out the door. Takes me less than 15 minutes to walk to work. :) If I'm in work at 9.30, I don't have to get up until ten to or five to 9. SLEEP! :D

Brush teeth before breakfast?

That's something I can never understand...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Mars Bar wrote: »

before and after!

I'm a funny one because I usually get up about 2-3 hours before I'm due into work. I don't spend that much time getting ready, though! I like to laze around for at least an hour in order to wake up properly (I don't like to rely on caffeine). If I were to focus and get ready all in one go I imagine I'd be set in about 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Mars Bar wrote: »

Before and after! I should have clarified. I just hate that morning mouth feeling and then I brush after brekkie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Before and after! I should have clarified. I just hate that morning mouth feeling and then I brush after brekkie. :)

That makes much more sense although I do know of people who brush before breakfast and not afterwards. Completely pointless so it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

About 20 mins if I've showered the night before, 45 mins or so if I'm showering (depending on what my hair is at)

I sit in traffic for about an hour every day so that's when I do my make up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

I like to allow a good 45 minutes - up, make the bed, stick on the kettle, shower, find something to wear (never manage to do this the night before anymore), dry hair, straighten hair, reboil kettle, make coffee, throw lunch in a bag, change everything from previous days bag into new bag, leave half a cup of coffee on my hall table, out the door, into the car and sit in traffic....then breath...

Though I've been known to be up and out in 10 mins. And I normally look utter sh*te for the day when that happens and always feel kinda rushed/not organised for the day...anyone else like that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Loopie wrote: »
    Though I've been known to be up and out in 10 mins. And I normally look utter sh*te for the day when that happens and always feel kinda rushed/not organised for the day...anyone else like that??
    I'm the same.

I'm unemployed so never have to rush out the door in the mornings, but when I was in college, when I commuted to college from my home town, would be up 1.5hours before I had to leave the house.

It didn't take me that long to get ready, but I liked not having to rush. I mean it did mean

I was up at 4.30am-5am and would be out the door at 6am for the bus. Wouldn't get home until 7-8, sometimes 9pm at night.

If I wasn't in college until 9, I'd get up at about 7-7.15, and if I wasn't in college until 12pm, I'd get up about 9am.

Hell, even when I was off (mid term, Xmas hols etc) I was up at 6-7am and spent the day studying.

I don't miss those early mornings. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

I work from home when not with clients, and generally morning routine si set alarm for 6.30am, snooze till 7am (i'm stressed at the moment, it's harder to motivate myself getting out!), brush teeth, put on walking / runnign gear, downstairs and feed cats, put dog into the car, take him out for about an hour, home around 9am, feed dog, leap in shower, dress, maybe throw hairdryer over the mane and put a bit of makeup on (I did today to make me feel better), downstairs, switch computer on, put kettle on, have breakfast and coffee while reading news and emails.

If i'm on site and up at silly o'clock, i can be up, showered, changed, made up etc. in about 30 minutes. If a decent drive to site, will take a bowl of porridge in the car with me :)

I actually timed myself this morning!

32 minutes from getting out of the bed to walking out the front door. Including shower but not including washing of hair. An extra 20 minutes would need to be added for that :D

Brekkie was packed in my bag but not eaten and no tea was drunk before I left the house!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do many of you do alot of work at home? Cause I do alot.

I tend to work from home at least 50% of the time I do not have client commitments.

Now usually that's one day a week, I might be client side for three days, need/want to be in the office to do admin/meet people etc another and then I work from home.

The next two weeks I'm completely free of client commitments and will work from home 80% of the time.

Takes discipline imo. But I work in a very flexible environment where we are expected to do our work with minimum supervision and in return me not answering my phone for three hours cos I'm at the dentist/getting my car ncted is tolerated as I make up the time.

Pluses for me is the lack of commuting, extra sleep and the flexibility.
    I find when I work from home that the thoughts of bus timetables/traffic don't enter into it, and I'll often end up working more due to lack of distractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

naturally wake up at 6am (don't need much sleep). Watch morning tv for an hour and maybe till 7.20.

Shower then - wash my hair every second day.

Always have clothes out night before (now I have a whole week's set out on my spare bed).

Out the door at 8am, that's with makeup and hair done. In work 8.45

Advertisement