Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I had a cinema date today and I did no study in the morning. Cba doing any now either. I'd never be able to do 8 hours! Note making maybe but my brain'd switch off. :L

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Somehow I think I know Coeur...but I'm reckoning not. It's just when you get that sneaky feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Wanna go out but everybody's in studying, grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Read 1 page if my physics book today.
    Come at me leaving cert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    Read 1 page if my physics book today.
    Come at me leaving cert!

:eek:

One small step for Cian...

One giant leap for Leaving Certers nationwide.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

anyone watching The Saturday Night show ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Going to wake up much earlier than today to study.
    I'm not good at waking up early , my alarm doesn't always wake me up or I press snooze and end up sleeping through it.
    Saturdays are really hard to study on .

anyone watching The Saturday Night show ? :(

No, why what was on?

Going to wake up much earlier than today to study.
    I'm not good at waking up early , my alarm doesn't always wake me up or I press snooze and end up sleeping through it.
    Saturdays are really hard to study on .

I had a physics mock at 9.30 this morning, so I thought I'd wake up at 6am to do some much needed study as I hadn't done any for it up till then.
    So I set a second alarm on another device to make sure I'd wake up.

I did wake up but fell back asleep again. However the song being played on the alarm was looping over and over from 6am till 9am when I got up. I woke up about 4 times total, and had about 5 different dreams all with different plots and storylines each involving this song.

The lesson is, I'm more of a creative thinker than a studier.

Togepi wrote: »
    No, why what was on?

Em Mr. O'Connor was interviewing this girl who had anorexia and bulimia :( was sad :( the poor girl :( she has a book out now about it, defo going to get it :)

• Advertisement

I had a physics mock at 9.30 this morning, so I thought I'd wake up at 6am to do some much needed study as I hadn't done any for it up till then.
    So I set a second alarm on another device to make sure I'd wake up.

I did wake up but fell back asleep again. However the song being played on the alarm was looping over and over from 6am till 9am when I got up. I woke up about 4 times total, and had about 5 different dreams all with different plots and storylines each involving this song.

The lesson is, I'm more of a creative thinker than a studier.

Thats hilarious dreams involving the song lmao . Was the dream interesting? How did you make it in to the mock if you woke up at 9? lol

I usually use a annoying tone that way I'll get tired of it. I've tried using both my phone and ipod. My ipod is ineffective and never works. My phone I only hear if it's under my pillow. I always forget if I've slept through the alarm or if I just turned it off . I figured my problem might be the tone volume was set too low. I was supposed to go and study at the libary had to cancel as I woke up late and the libary is busy by around 10am.

Lads I had to get an alarm clock that runs away from me, I'm that bad at getting up. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

My mum just usually roars at me until i get up.. much more effective if not extremely annoying :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Can I mention how small Ireland is? Discussed HistoryKitten with my friend today, came to the conclusion she's lovely :L

Wesc. wrote: »
    My mum just usually roars at me until i get up.. much more effective if not extremely annoying :p

My mum does that as well , but I need both in order to wake me up otherwise I end up falling back to sleep. I'm such a awful deep sleeper lol.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Can I mention how small Ireland is? Discussed HistoryKitten with my friend today, came to the conclusion she's lovely :L

who, what , where and why ? :O
    how embarrassing :o

Thats hilarious dreams involving the song lmao . Was the dream interesting? How did you make it in to the mock if you woke up at 9? lol

I usually use a annoying tone that way I'll get tired of it. I've tried using both my phone and ipod. My ipod is ineffective and never works. My phone I only hear if it's under my pillow. I always forget if I've slept through the alarm or if I just turned it off . I figured my problem might be the tone volume was set too low. I was supposed to go and study at the libary had to cancel as I woke up late and the libary is busy by around 10am.

Woke at 9, shower and breakfast, leave with 10 Minutes to spare, was still late. Though my friend told the teacher I'd be in, not that he knew or anything, I'm just starting to develop a bad reputation for tardiness!

Good songs can be equally as effective too. That is, if you fancy having a little half-conscious jig in your bed while you wake up:D

who, what , where and why ? :O
    how embarrassing :o

Not embarrassing :P One of my friends in your school brought up the London trip, and she went off to the Sherlock Holmes museum while y'all were in Madame Tussauds. Then we talked about you, said you were lovely.

I used to pick nice, cheerful songs for my alarm tone. Then I realised I'd grow to hate them. :cool:

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Not embarrassing :P One of my friends in your school brought up the London trip, and she went off to the Sherlock Holmes museum while y'all were in Madame Tussauds. Then we talked about you, said you were lovely.
    I didn't go on the London trip :P sure it was me ? :O

• Advertisement

Woke at 9, shower and breakfast, leave with 10 Minutes to spare, was still late. Though my friend told the teacher I'd be in, not that he knew or anything, I'm just starting to develop a bad reputation for tardiness!

Good songs can be equally as effective too. That is, if you fancy having a little half-conscious jig in your bed while you wake up:D

I'm the same myself I seem to always be late these days even when I try and be on time and I only live around the corner.

I usually find it hard to pick which song to pick as the alarm tone as some might be too soft or not effective . I guess a dance or upbeat song could be a good choice.

Whats everyones alarm tone? just curious now lol

I didn't go on the London trip :P sure it was me ? :O

Yup, cause she reeled off a list of people who didn't go, and I was like "I KNOW HER!"

My alarm tone is the Nokia ringtone :L

Has to be...

My mam's voice screaming for me to get up :P I always sleep through my alarm :rolleyes: but its one direction btw :P

Past ones include Mr Bluesky, God Damn Right (It's a Beautiful Day), can't really remember any more. I just know I had those 'cause I used to love them. :(

Now it's just some weird beeping that sounds like R2D2. It's sooo loud, actually frightens the life out me so much I end up paranoid it's about to go off if I wake up before it. :pac:

Togepi wrote: »
    Mr Blue Sky

I used to have that as an alarm years ago:D

I used to have that as an alarm years ago:D

I just watched that SugarHill Gang video 'cause it said Scrubs. Love it! :D I miss Scrubs. :(

I've had Deadmau5 - Ghosts and stuff for ages then I started to get tired of the song whenever it would come on ipod and I didn't want to hate the song. So now it's a blackberry tone which sounds like one of those songs that used to be on the old Nokias.

• Advertisement

I have that song stuck in my head now haha good song.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement