Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Because IIIII AM AMAAAAAAAZING :P

Or as my teacher put it "such a git" :P He was like ohhh nothing to hand up today? and i was like just a bit exhausted after my 98% :cool: and he was like OH MY GOD :L

(besides, coruscate is such a pretty word :))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I have good intentions but I need sleep :( part of the fact is I haven't been able to sleep until 2 at night due to stress/worry/personal reasons, but even still before all that I was shattered anyways :/ when we have days off I get so much done!!

Yeah . I don't feel like I get much work done in class.
    I might skip a few classes to do some work. I need to try and finish my Hamlet essays. I need to complete my geography project which I don't really know what I need to write. I could just learn off the sample answer notes I have. I don't mind taking one day off. I haven't done as much work since being back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Kind of sickened that one of the examiners in school has been treating the oral. Letting people pick their poem before turning on the tape (are you even allowed to do this), pausing the tape during conversations etc. Of course I've another guy who hasn't been doing this and of course I'm going to rant about it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I have good intentions but I need sleep :( part of the fact is I haven't been able to sleep until 2 at night due to stress/worry/personal reasons, but even still before all that I was shattered anyways :/ when we have days off I get so much done!!

Then we are polar opposites:eek:.
    Okay I agree with you in that I am completely wrecked since going back to school but after having done "nothing" during Easter I'm actually getting through my work well enough these days.
    I can actually do nothing unless I'm in school.
    I might even do an essay tonight that I wasn't assigned, that'd be a first for me:o (Patchy's a pro at this though:P)

M&S* wrote: »
    Kind of sickened that one of the examiners in school has been treating the oral. Letting people pick their poem before turning on the tape (are you even allowed to do this), pausing the tape during conversations etc. Of course I've another guy who hasn't been doing this and of course I'm going to rant about it. :P
    Thats disgraceful and so unfair to the rest of us! Jesus, might as well let them pick the pictures too -_-

Eathrin wrote: »
    Then we are polar opposites:eek:.
    Okay I agree with you in that I am completely wrecked since going back to school but after having done "nothing" during Easter I'm actually getting through my work well enough these days.
    I can actually do nothing unless I'm in school.
    I might even do an essay tonight that I wasn't assigned, that'd be a first for me:o (Patchy's a pro at this though:P)
    I just love the feeling of getting an essay back and knowing I did a good job :cool: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Woop woop! Owned the Russian Oral Exam and its very likely I got full marks :) Irish.. well Irish was okay, I got Géibheann and an easy Sraith Pictiur but I didn't get a chance to show off all my language skills in the convo part :/ ah well, be graand! :) Russian is the one that counts.

Oh and got my first ever A1 from my English teacher for a poetry essay! BUZZING !

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Ok I've an oral tomorrow, in French, and I'm a little unsure of a thing or two.

In the sentence, Nous sommes vraiment proche l'un de l'autre, bien que nous puissions nous/se disputer souvent.... should I use se or nous?

If I say c'est un c'est a... do I pronounce the t at the end of c'est?

And do ye think using proverbs are a good idea? I can fit them in well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

My examiner wouldn't let us use our books for the poems in case we had the phonetics written above and some people really hated that :O
    The other examiner would pause the tape in the middle of the convo, I've heard anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I was talking to my friend, and he was stuck for words in his Irish so the examiner stopped the tape and asked him how he wanted the rest of the conversation to go. :/

Ye do realise that the grade you get is the one the examiner gives you on tjat day? The only purpose of the tape recorder is for rechecks, or so I've been told. (By the oral examiner).

• Advertisement

Wesc. wrote: »
    Ok I've an oral tomorrow, in French, and I'm a little unsure of a thing or two.

In the sentence, Nous sommes vraiment proche l'un de l'autre, bien que nous puissions nous/se disputer souvent.... should I use se or nous?

If I say c'est un c'est a... do I pronounce the t at the end of c'est?

And do ye think using proverbs are a good idea? I can fit them in well.

I think its nous sommes vraiment proche avec l'un et l'autre - definitely l'un et l'autre, but I think theres meant to be something between proche and l'un. It'd be nous puissons nous disputer :) And yep, you pronounce the t!
    My examiner wouldn't let us use our books for the poems in case we had the phonetics written above and some people really hated that :O
    The other examiner would pause the tape in the middle of the convo, I've heard anyway.
    Whaaat?! You're allowed have phonetics! Thats the point of bringing your own version in :eek:

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Whaaat?! You're allowed have phonetics! Thats the point of bringing your own version in :eek:
    Our examiner felt you weren't really speaking Irish if you had phonetics on top... he saw it on the first girls book and didn't say anything to her but after that when he said to us to leave our books outside and that he had a sheet we could read them off of :rolleyes:
    didn't mind it myself because I didn't have any phonetics on mine but for some girls they were kinda depending on them for some words :(

Our examiner felt you weren't really speaking Irish if you had phonetics on top... he saw it on the first girls book and didn't say anything to her but after that when he said to us to leave our books outside and that he had a sheet we could read them off of :rolleyes:
    didn't mind it myself because I didn't have any phonetics on mine but for some girls they were kinda depending on them for some words :(

I think I'd be far worse anyway if I was reading the phonetics, it'd throw me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I think I'd be far worse anyway if I was reading the phonetics, it'd throw me off.

Same I dont need the phonetics :P I never really practised the poems..That comes easiest to me I think :D

yeah me too :) plus i've drawn all over my book.... far too distracting :rolleyes:

Also my book is in complete tatters, I'm going to photocopy the poems on A4's to avoid the scruffy look:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Someone in my English class said they heard about that today, and everyone was like 'Ah that would never happen.' That's ridiculous tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Namlub wrote: »
    Someone in my English class said they heard about that today, and everyone was like 'Ah that would never happen.' That's ridiculous tbh.

Love how word gets around, knew somebody would have heard about it alright. I probably wouldn't be complaining if I had gotten him as my examiner...

In english do many people in your class actually hand up work to be corrected that the teacher didn't set? Do you's hand up work?

I seem to be the only one in my class it's kinda weird...

Classic my parents to be going on holiday tomorrow so I'll have no internet access for the next week. NEED my internetz to prepare for French, ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Anyone remember those aptitude tests we did in primary school? My mans correcting a bunch of them now, nostalgia! :) haha ah they're like a 7 year olds leaving cert :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Anyone remember those aptitude tests we did in primary school? My mans correcting a bunch of them now, nostalgia! :) haha ah they're like a 7 year olds leaving cert :P

No...* :confused:

I remember the DATs though, I love DATs. :D

*I may be prone to memory loss. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Was quite relaxed going in for Irish, did my poem beautifully then got a good picture story and the conversation was grand. Apart from throwing away 12 years of learning Irish and saying chonaic me an telifis.. CRINGE!! French next Tuesday at 3.15, 2nd last person in the school to do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

In english do many people in your class actually hand up work to be corrected that the teacher didn't set? Do you's hand up work?

I seem to be the only one in my class it's kinda weird...
    I hand up stuff for most bar like Engineering and Maths :p It's always the same group of people though :pac:

Sigma-t Maths exam I got 99th percentile 6 years running.
    Then we had drumcondra English exams, never scored as highly in those.
    Ah the days where nothing meant shít.:pac:

Wth ??? we never had anything like that :O :(
    we only had DATs in 4th year :L

I hand up stuff for most bar like Engineering and Maths :p It's always the same group of people though :pac:

Same with English , with the other work. Loads don't bother.
    I did start doing geography but it took my teacher a month to give me my copy back the last time.

So I was planning to talk about The Diving Bell and the Butterfly if I get asked about films (seeing as I might if I mention I was in Cannes) but then I might be opening myself up to a load of questions about disability...hmmm.

Did the prism maths exam myself, came 2nd in the country...

Bitch.:pac:

• Advertisement

Wesc. wrote: »
    Did the prism maths exam myself, came 2nd in the country...

Bitch.:pac:

I'm talking about primary school...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement