Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

My teacher said it's ok to say your town and county.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

According to my teacher (I know everyone has been hearing different things, damn teachers!) you only need two points of information from your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

M&S* wrote: »
    According to my teacher (I know everyone has been hearing different things, damn teachers!) you only need two points of information from your address.

That's exactly what mine said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've spent ages typing everything up for the french oral. It takes so long .
    I've been working on it all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've spent ages typing everything up for the french oral. It takes so long .
    I've been working on it all day.
    Il n'est pas une blague!

• Advertisement

Il n'est pas une blague!

I know yeah. I still have more to type up. I hope I'll remember it when it gets to next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

so work all day but when I came home I got a nice surprise :)
    My mam worked all day turning my bedroom into a little study area for me :) I love her :)
    and I dont care bout the oral anymore :) it'll be grand :) talking to people in work, they say the examiners are lovely, that they help you out etc :) so it will be grand :D

So lads cheer up :P Ye all sound awfully stressed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

My mam worked all day turning my bedroom into a little study area for me :) I love her :)
    and I dont care bout the oral anymore :) it'll be grand :) talking to people in work, they say the examiners are lovely, that they help you out etc :) so it will be grand :D

So lads cheer up :P Ye all sound awfully stressed :P
    We have Irish first, right?? And do you know are French and German both the second week or what's happening? I'm such a disaster :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Ahhhhh I'm so in love with the Titanic updates on Twitter! I've been in love with the entire story for so long, its so surreal to imagine it all happening 100 years ago right now! 100 years ago right now, they were playing football on deck with the ice apparently.

Sad too though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

:):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Joey. wrote: »
    We have Irish first, right?? And do you know are French and German both the second week or what's happening? I'm such a disaster :pac:

Yeah Irish is the first week :) the male examiner is only there one day so if you have him your on monday :) and if you have the woman , pass classes are first i think :)
    French, German and music are on the second week :O Our poor headgirl will have some week :O
    and dont worry hun, it'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Yeah Irish is the first week :) the male examiner is only there one day so if you have him your on monday :) and if you have the woman , pass classes are first i think :)
    French, German and music are on the second week :O Our poor headgirl will have some week :O
    and dont worry hun, it'll be fine :)
    Thank youuu!!!! I have the woman and no idea when I am, so no real chance to get too worked up about it all :D oh the poor girl :O no better woman for the challenge though :)
    And I really hope so.

Haha guys, I took a new picture for FB and I wassssss kinda thinking "this looks like a mugshot" but hey, it was a nice mugshot :D
    My English teacher commented 'All thats missing is your prison number :)'
    Crushed :rolleyes: :pac:

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Ahhhhh I'm so in love with the Titanic updates on Twitter! I've been in love with the entire story for so long, its so surreal to imagine it all happening 100 years ago right now! 100 years ago right now, they were playing football on deck with the ice apparently.

Sad too though :(

I just started following them now, it's actually really interesting. I forgot about the history for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jameseyf

What do you do if your document covers something that they ask during the oral. For example my document is about a family holiday to France and it mentions what French people are like and their culture. If I get asked about French cultural differences during the oral, do I tell the examiner?

jameseyf wrote: »
    What do you do if your document covers something that they ask during the oral. For example my document is about a family holiday to France and it mentions what French people are like and their culture. If I get asked about French cultural differences during the oral, do I tell the examiner?

Best thing to do is to say,

'Oh Madame, c'est la sujet de mon document, Voila!'

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jameseyf

Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Still so much easter revision work to do :/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Guys can somebody please put my mind at ease. Is this week coming French or Irish oral? I've been doubting myself all day

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Guys can somebody please put my mind at ease. Is this week coming French or Irish oral? I've been doubting myself all day

My school is having the Irish this week and German/French next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm doing Titanic for my history project - God give me strength! I sound horrific speaking French too, I sound really nasally.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Boeing777 wrote: »

It depends on your school, my school is having Irish next week and the others the following week. But as seen by the other reply, it depends on your school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We're having French first then Irish the next week

My one has the irish this week then the french the week after.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm French first, Irish second. I think it's Dublin is French/German/Spanish/Italian first, then Irish/Russian/Japanese second. Then outside Dublin is vice-versa.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm French first, Irish second. I think it's Dublin is French/German/Spanish/Italian first, then Irish/Russian/Japanese second. Then outside Dublin is vice-versa.
    Pretty sure north dublin has irish first (yeowww) and the southside is the opposite, but ive no idea how it works out in....da bogland :eek: :P

Did you know that Hogwarts in French is Poudlard? You learn something new every day...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I think I'm just going to write this exam off. I had convinced myself before that I could at French and make it count but I'm conceding now that having done nothing over the holidays I'm doomed to mediocrity. I'm kinda disappointed in myself, but if experience tells me anything, it's to make the best of the situation and not to get down about these things.
    Even when I do badly in French, I can still salvage the rest.

And that goes for anybody worried about these orals, 1 bad exam is not the end of your LC. If it doesn't go exactly to plan keep your head high.

Eathrin wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to write this exam off. I had convinced myself before that I could at French and make it count but I'm conceding now that having done nothing over the holidays I'm doomed to mediocrity. I'm kinda disappointed in myself, but if experience tells me anything, it's to make the best of the situation and not to get down about these things.
    Even when I do badly in French, I can still salvage the rest.

And that goes for anybody worried about these orals, 1 bad exam is not the end of your LC. If it doesn't go exactly to plan keep your head high.
    Try your best anyway, you never know what might happen!

I think i'm ready for my Oral. I know most of the basics and have a good few abstract topics covered and am fairly comfortable to talk for 30-40 seconds on each of Alcohol, Drugs, Smoking, Pollution, Emigration, Economic Crisis, Olympics, Tourism. D: Kinda freaking out though! I need an A2+ in this Oral so here's hoping I cut it!

Are you thinking of doing a Document?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Finally finished the french exam paper.. Now all the question 4 and 5's off maths paper 2 :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement