Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cosmos Blue Rev 5 Toyota MR2 Detailing

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Curran wrote: »
    Great work!!!
    Its the small touches that make all the difference....they never stand out, but they eye isnt distracted by these areas when looking at the car.

Cheers man, if I had a garage I'd be long done by now....that will be a key factor when I'm buying a gaff! :D

also fixed my fog while change the bulbs the wire had popped out of the loom :)

A stitch in time...saves nine, I meant to get to this for a hood while, got some leather filler from some lad on ebay.pl Poland, its good stuff from what I can see, flexible and ideal for hard worked areas...not sure longetivity but its worked ok so far.

Tub says to use a hairdryer between layers (I needed several) but I used this fine weather to dry and kept going over it over the last few days - its not 100% but its a 1000000% better :)

BEFORE:

u8hf.jpg

jnm8.jpg

AFTER (I ran over the furniture dye I previously used as well):

First Layer:

qrkq.jpg

0pwg.jpg

9v9j.jpg

hj09.jpg

zkj3.jpg

The filler is 15ml heavy black filler for ebay seller: leatherclinic

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LEATHER-HEAVY-FILLER-15-ML-SOFAS-CARS-7-COLOURS-RIPS-SCUFFS-HOLES-/270878245607?pt=UK_Crafts_Leathercraft_LE&hash=item3f119a02e7

(he has most colours available)

ajqf.jpg

Cheers to Currran from detailingshed for dropping me up a snowfoam lance and fedw other bits and pieces, car was destroyed with tree sap, but I couldn't resist trying out the lance, I hosed it down afterwards but didn't give it a proper wash as it was far too warm and I wasn't feeling it :)

The snowfoam stripped all the tree sap anyway - impresed with it so far

ujp3.jpg

qhnk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Lazy git! :D

Just had to play with your new toy! :D:D
    Be sure to get some protection on it soon! ;)

Got to see the car earlier, and the job on the leather is very good - it will certainly limit the tear getting worse for quite some time!

Lazy git! :D

Just had to play with your new toy! :D:D
    Be sure to get some protection on it soon! ;)

Got to see the car earlier, and the job on the leather is very good - it will certainly limit the tear getting worse for quite some time!

Haha cheers man, yeah I will get some on soon need a bit more correction work - as I said to you I did so much with the initial correction I just got fed up in the end and left it until now :)

watch this space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Nice work on the leather, have a similar problem myself except its along the line of stitching on the bolster.

Can you use dye over that filler to redye the whole area after its dry?

BillJ wrote: »
    Nice work on the leather, have a similar problem myself except its along the line of stitching on the bolster.

Can you use dye over that filler to redye the whole area after its dry?

yep, its pretty much blends in though -i use grison furniture dye afterwards and an old cloth to apply it.

I washed the car for the first time in probably 5 months :o - it was filthy - gave it a coat of CG blacklight and of course being Ireland it started to drizzle before I could buff it off fully -

- In fairness the colur really stands out today - Probably get another coat of blacklight and the some cg7

These were taken yesterday

gx8s.jpg

x54o.jpg

1c35.jpg

dvl5.jpg

...oh and boo to imageshack - they are starting to charge for uploads now - moving on to the next freebie image host!

....and 3 years on I thought Id revisit this thread :cool:

I see the imageshack images are no more which is disappointing. What Im about to upload is akin to abuse of a car - please don't call the ISPC[Cars]

So long story short - bought house 2.5 years ago, 2 dogs, wedding, etc.. life got in the way, car went to bottom of list.....until now

The Befores............NSFW!!! - considering its not been properly washed in over a year it should be a lot worse, but not a high point for me after all the effort that went into her

9T3JhMv.jpg

zWQN8Ga.jpg

yoDbVPW.jpg

sCmSS0W.jpg

sWaq2Zr.jpg

OKc0jsr.jpg

sfTyihQ.jpg

iFS1MMC.jpg

PO9ateX.jpg

SXesB1S.jpg

rsp8doE.jpg

96wmcue.jpg

8UbEgMx.jpg

HJGzK00.jpg

Snow foamed and clayed every bloody panel on her!

rOx7kUn.jpg

Fcm0TBQ.jpg

Water Stains

BEFORE:

HWwng07.jpg

AFTER:

yBZxHQR.jpg

Centre Caps:

BEFORE:

6NpDxxv.jpg

Wud19ku.jpg

AFTER:

VfHCW8F.jpg

Exhaust seen better days

BEFORE:

XtQ1VWV.jpg

i6M7vwZ.jpg

AFTER:

CbyjssZ.jpg

.....and shes clean:

Flol4vH.jpg

G2oI5Ou.jpg

X0nXUTf.jpg

JjFRKS6.jpg

3dZRGgP.jpg

• Advertisement

......2 Coats of Blacklight and V7 - no pics to hand yet but shes Shiney McShineFace :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Nice turn around - tyre dressing now, and she'll be spot on! ;)

Nice turn around - tyre dressing now, and she'll be spot on! ;)

Cheers - Those pics were taken before I waxed the wheels and dressed the tyres or cleaned any of the glass - a few bits to correct on the paint work but not got time to do that at the moment.:(

...and there she is, in her former glory:

YqNkoNj.jpg

RN90ZhT.jpg

A polish of the rear lights to finish her off:

BEFORE:

cuXGSSy.jpg

AFTER:

aSC7IG5.jpg

6t2FzJh.jpg

Advertisement