Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kundalini expert / specialst in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Frauchan

[quote="lolo62;95540624"
    Have you got a schizoid character structure by any chance? I only ask because I do and have similar issues with my lower chakras.[/quote]

Yes I'm a high functioning schizoid type. Shirley Ward from Anethyst has published an excellent article on high functioning schizoid types. I must read it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Frauchan wrote: »
    Yes I'm a high functioning schizoid type. Shirley Ward from Anethyst has published an excellent article on high functioning schizoid types. I must read it again.

I must read it myself, I've never heard of it. Sounds great. I think the most difficult thing with the schizoid structure is the existential fear that tends not to have a 'head'. After years of working hard it still creeps up on me from time to time..particularly in the cold weather and when the temperature drops suddenly like it has.
    I used to see it as an affliction but there are so many gifts it's impossible to see it that way any more.
    I can't remember where I read it but some new age blogger was talking about the character structures from a slightly different perspective. They described the schizoid type as a 'pure soul' that will have a LOT of work to do around grounding, but when they get there their lives tend to be very rich. They also have a sort of fundamental consciousness which can be like a truth serum, making them excellent healers and artists! That really resonated with me.

Tried to post a link to the article by shirley ward, but it doesnt accept me as I am a new user. Here is the title to google The Black Hole: Exploring the Schizoid Personality Disorder, Dysfunction and Deprivation with their Roots in the Pre and Perinatal Period

Tried to post a link to the article by shirley ward, but it doesnt accept me as I am a new user. Here is the title to google The Black Hole: Exploring the Schizoid Personality Disorder, Dysfunction and Deprivation with their Roots in the Pre and Perinatal Period

Thanks. I'm not a fan of 'personality disorders' but will check it out. I mean schizoid structure as in schizoid, oral, masochistic, psychopathic, rigid. Like Lowan used. Understanding these structures has made my life so much easier to navigate as it really helps with not taking things personally.
    I think with the schizoid structure it's all about getting into the body where for masochistic it's getting out. Well from my amateur psychologist understanding anyway. Personality disorder makes me sad because it's like any 'diagnosis' something is 'wrong'. Everyone has a structure it's just the level of trauma that determines how much the person gets locked into it. Being schizoid is always going to be a part of me and embracing it has massively helped me self regulate while literally living a psychedelic life.
    I realise I'm preaching now but I'm allergic to the whole disorder thing! What's jumping out at me though from the title is the pre and peri natal thing. I really feel angry I missed out on a normal birth. My Mum was unconscious also so there was no bond formed in those precious moments.
    Have you ever tried rebirthing or holotropic breathwork?

Hi. Yes. I've done over 50 hours of Holotropic breath work. And primalled my birth and early prenatal trauma many times. Both very healing modalities.

• Advertisement

Hi. Yes. I've done over 50 hours of Holotropic breath work. And primalled my birth and early prenatal trauma many times. Both very healing modalities.

Where are you stuck? It sounds like you've done a lot of work...

lolo62 wrote: »
    Where are you stuck? It sounds like you've done a lot of work...

Yes more work than anyone I know. But I trust and rest these days as best I can. Our bodies heal their way not our egos way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭HighKing33

There's some good advice on this thread but the bottom line, particularly if you're a newbie to meditation and diet is cut out all the sugar (including the stuff in processed foods) and the caffeine. You're going to have to deal with being 'sensitive'. Peace.

Yes more work than anyone I know. But I trust and rest these days as best I can. Our bodies heal their way not our egos way

True that. Like a cat. They have body wisdom in bucketloads!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MindBodySpirit

I think with the schizoid structure it's all about getting into the body

Interesting, I have a limited understanding of schizoid structure but it seems typical of a Kundalini crisis to have symptoms of psychosis which can be so very tricky to navigate!

Some of you might find this film trailer really interesting. It's called Crazywise.

https:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=rDks1H2bzbo (get rid of the spaces)

It's directed by a guy called Phil Borges who discovered how shamen he encountered on his travels had typically undergone some years of psychosis. Many cultures, embrace such experiences as a transition and not an illness of course!

And here's his website ... some really interesting clips which, I'm sure will resonate :-)
    http:// crazywisefilm. com/ (minus the spaces!)

• Advertisement

Interesting, I have a limited understanding of schizoid structure but it seems typical of a Kundalini crisis to have symptoms of psychosis which can be so very tricky to navigate!

Some of you might find this film trailer really interesting. It's called Crazywise.

https:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=rDks1H2bzbo (get rid of the spaces)

It's directed by a guy called Phil Borges who discovered how shamen he encountered on his travels had typically undergone some years of psychosis. Many cultures, embrace such experiences as a transition and not an illness of course!

And here's his website ... some really interesting clips which, I'm sure will resonate :-)
    http:// crazywisefilm. com/ (minus the spaces!)

I just watched that it's amazing thank you MindBodySpirit! So inspiring :) I wonder if it's possible to see the whole thing. There's a shaman that runs a meetup group Thursday nights in town. Saw an amazing Jung documentary there once...maybe I'll send a message see if he can screen it! will see if I can find a good description of the 'structures' too

I just watched that it's amazing thank you MindBodySpirit! So inspiring :)

You're very welcome :-) Not sure how to get hold of the vid -probably amazon. Anyhow there's plenty more footage on this link http ://philborges. com/crazywise (no spaces again!)

That Meetup group sounds really interesting -wonder what the group is called?

HighKing33 wrote: »
    ...the bottom line, particularly if you're a newbie to meditation and diet is cut out all the sugar (including the stuff in processed foods) and the caffeine...

Yep, dead right HK! The sugar really causes chaos in the body! Processed food is pretty much dead, energetically. Preserved food works similar to antibiotics in that preservatives stop the growing of, bacteria, yeast for longer shelf life of product. Problem is that once in your body, it can suppress beneficial gut flora ...not good if immune sys is already compromised with K-syndrome!

Very little of our bodies is 'just' human DNA so makes sense to cultivate a healthy eco system and supplement with what our bodies need when undergoing transformation.

You're very welcome :-) Not sure how to get hold of the vid -probably amazon. Anyhow there's plenty more footage on this link http ://philborges. com/crazywise (no spaces again!)

That Meetup group sounds really interesting -wonder what the group is called?

Thanks for the extra link. I'll try Amazon too.
    Shamanism Ireland runs the group, it's either 'spirit in the city' or 'soul seminars' it's mostly talks and screenings on all things shamanism/mandalas/psychotherapy/energy work but they have a centre in Dunderry for journeying and the likes. The town thing is good though lots of really nice people go

Thanks for the extra link. I'll try Amazon too.
    Shamanism Ireland runs the group, it's either 'spirit in the city' or 'soul seminars' it's mostly talks and screenings on all things shamanism/mandalas/psychotherapy/energy work but they have a centre in Dunderry for journeying and the likes. The town thing is good though lots of really nice people go

Thanks Lolo! Sounds like a great group! I've heard of that guy in Dunderry -forget his name but hear good reports!

Thanks Lolo! Sounds like a great group! I've heard of that guy in Dunderry -forget his name but hear good reports!

I'm going to try go along myself over the summer months. Maybe we'll bump into eachother!

http://www.energeticsinstitute.com.au/page/characterology.html

This site maps out the character structures. Obviously there is no pathology involved and no one is typical. They come from the work of Wilhelm Reich and Alexander Lowen.

I'm going to try go along myself over the summer months. Maybe we'll bump into eachother!

This site maps out the character structures. Obviously there is no pathology involved and no one is typical. They come from the work of Wilhelm Reich and Alexander Lowen.

Thanks for the article! Reich was a fountain of knowledge, haven't heard of Lowen before. Had a brief glance at it and looks interesting! I'll have a closer look later on. It's so interesting how personality traits can be identified by body posture which seem to mirror where energy is flowing well (or not) in the body.

Kundalini seems to clear up the blocks anyhow with realigning of the body. I used to have really tense (slightly hunched) shoulders since I was really young, ...that's gone now. Body way looser.

I'd be interested in popping along to the meetup too -and yep -Perhaps see ya there!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

Bioenergetics is a book by Lowen that I would recommend reading .It is accessible and sums up all his work .Narcisism is excellent too .

I also Cant recommend David Bercellis Trauma Release exercises enough . You can literally shake years of deeply embedded holding patterns out of your body and the beauty is that once you learn how to shake you can do it on your own for free . There is an Irish group on face book and a website here .

http://www.treireland.ie/

I have also just discovered this guy ;

http://bigthink.com/videos/dr-bessel-van-der-kolk-on-dealing-with-ptsd

marvin2k wrote: »
    Bioenergetics is a book by Lowen that I would recommend reading .It is accessible and sums up all his work .Narcisism is excellent too .

I also Cant recommend David Bercellis Trauma Release exercises enough . You can literally shake years of deeply embedded holding patterns out of your body and the beauty is that once you learn how to shake you can do it on your own for free ."

Cool -thanks Marvin2K -will check out the book!

I looked up Tree, I think I saw it in an earlier post of yours and it looks great! Shaking meditation is really powerful -Tree looks like quite a safe method of releasing trauma and it's something I'll check out next time there's a workshop here. A vid. I saw on PTSD and how soldiers are using tree was excellent! Interesting how animals naturally shake after being stressed (antelopes, ducks, dogs for example!). It seems to help reset the natural energy flow of the body.

Bradford Keeney (keeneyinstitute. org) does a type of shaking meditation, and also RatuBagus -who has an ashram based in Bali. I've tried it and found it very good!

BTW,

Here's a link to an annual Irtish retreat in shaking meditation in Castlebar coming up on 5th June. It costs €190 for three nights (breakfast, lunch, dinner, accomodation and meditation sessions)

http: //www. loughlannagh. ie/ratu-bagus-retreat

It's pretty high vibrational energy and I have found it clears a lot and although you process a lot, its much easier with the strong group energy.

• Advertisement

Interesting he wrote a book called,'narcissism' this tends to be a negative manifestation of theoral structure. I'm pretty sure Lowen was oral. Narcissism is a particular button pusher for me as my father is oral...it's so hard for a woman to overcome the oppression of her father...as is for a man with his mother. What makes it harder is there seems to be a narcissism epidemic these days! I'm sure my storey is just that I'm projecting but I've definitely read a lot about others who feel the same..narcissist in your script or not, it is everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

Hi Lolo ,

If I remember correctly the general thread of the Narcissism book was that Narcisists live behind masks that hide emotional numbness , their being in the world is not natural or spontaneous but instead guided by a what they think they should be doing , what is expected and what is appropriate . In essence their inner child was wounded a long time ago and they have left it far behind . In Ireland particularly I can imagine a lot of children grew up in strict catholic homes where supression of feelings and stoney faced emotional repression was common .

@MindBodySpirit , thanks for that link to the shakers , It's amazing stuff ,Shaking out Trauma is the most natural response but it has been socialized out of us .

Hi Lolo ,

If I remember correctly the general thread of the Narcissism book was that Narcisists live behind masks that hide emotional numbness , their being in the world is not natural or spontaneous but instead guided by a what they think they should be doing , what is expected and what is appropriate . In essence their inner child was wounded a long time ago and they have left it far behind . In Ireland particularly I can imagine a lot of children grew up in strict catholic homes where supression of feelings and stoney faced emotional repression was common .

Agreed. I wasn't making a judgement by the way just discussing narcissism as a theme. I haven't read the book myself. Good to know like myself you view these traits from a compassionate standpoint. I am at times narcissistic myself....instagram anyone?!

For anyone who has a particular interest in the character structures the movie 'Inside Out' is a giggle. Someone who knows a lot about bioenergetics definitely had input.
    In my opinion
    The purple guy...schizoid
    The blue guy.......oral
    The green girl......psychopathic
    The red guy.........masochistic
    The sparkly girl...rigid
    Anyone seen it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

I haven`t seen it yet but I`v read an article about it and i cant wait to see it.It seems to be a lot more than just a kids animation.

Here is some of the Article
    "Today, I ventured to the movie theatre to see a brand new film that was just released called “Inside Out”. I have been chomping at the bit to see it because it is an animation film all about emotion… Just my cup of tea. On the way to the cinema, I had my hackles raised (metaphorically speaking), all prepared to be potentially disappointed by an archaic idea of emotion. I sat there in the dark theatre with my notepad and pen ready to take notes to discuss later in this very blog. A smile spread across my face within the first five minutes. The film turned out to be an absolute pleasure. It is clear that research went into the film on account of many of the highly accurate aspects of the story line. For example, sleep and its function relative to memory, how identity is shaped by key events and the emotions and perspectives associated with those events, how the subconscious is essentially full of the personalities’ many rejections, how memories are distorted so that one recalls a sad aspect of a memory or a happy aspect of the very same memory based on the current emotion that we are viewing those memories through and the list goes on.

All in all, ‘Inside Out’ is an imaginative triumph of an artistic depiction of psychology as it applies to emotion or should we say five emotions: fear, disgust, anger, sadness and joy. In the film, these five emotions essentially control the every day life of the main character, named Riley. In the beginning (mirroring the beliefs of our current American society), it is clear that sadness seems to serve no positive purpose. In fact, sadness is downright unwanted and thus resisted by happiness. Again, I was gearing myself up to be disappointed by the message of the film. But without spoiling the entire plot line of the film, I will say that I was more than pleasantly surprised when the moral of the story cast sadness in an entirely different light. In fact, the film conveyed that sadness was essential to the integrity of Riley’s personality structure. Numbness was in fact the ‘villain’ of the tale. Which spells one thing for me so loudly that I was nearly skipping back to the car in the parking lot after the film finished… SOCIETY IS WAKING UP AND HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS IS EVOLVING. The overall message of the film was to embrace emotion, even the ones that don’t feel positive.
    There is a key moment in the film, when Riley’s mom tells her daughter to cheer up and her father punishes her for her attitude and it only serves to make matters worse. By the end of the film, the parents undergo a kind of parenting makeover as it applies to emotions. Instead of remaining highly un-attuned to their daughter and requiring Riley to be happy because they have determined she ‘should be happy’, they allow her negative emotion. They receive it and even use it to form a deeper connection with their daughter"
    http://blog.thespiritualcatalyst.com/inside-out/

Watched the Inside Out movie ...was quite a nice film though midway through ...a bit all over the place! Interesting on how people function and navigate through their emotions -each of them tending to seek happiness through their different lenses ...which pretty much sums up humanities life path regardless of what we do :-)

Anyone experience heightened symptoms over the full moon? I always feel it's intense ...and the days following it are great...until the next one ;-) !

Can definitely say that compared to the first few years this whole K journey feels much easier now....bar the occasional 3day intense processing! I'm way calmer on the inside, body more flexible than ever and the chronic fatigue symptoms have really eased off!

I'm craving protein big time ..body used to focus more on the vegetarian diet (loads of jucing) but found in the last month that eating meat is really helping ...so packing in LOADS of protein into the diet! Magnesium, manganese and zinc have also been really useful supplements to help metabolism and support mitochondrial function.

Was reading St. Therese's book 'The interior castle' ...downloaded it free -she'd an intense awakening (I stopped reading it halfway through)! What people are capable of going through is incredible -the human spirit is amazing! Where others have gone before really gives strength in the most difficult parts of the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Enjoyed Inside Out . A mainstream film with a theme of self awareness and the importance of allowing ourselves to feel our sadness and difficult emotions . There are a lot of people with third level degrees that haven't yet got those basic life skills .

Heard the actress playing joy being interviewed on Radio . A little girl called in and asked if Joy also has people in her head like Riley ! Brilliant !

Yes Mind Body Spirit , When things are getting intense I can often pull back the curtains and be sure that its a full moon . I have a friend who sewars that a full moon is the best time to pull weeds from the garden . They just come right up . If the moon can effect the oceans then maybe they can effect the electromagnetic fields of people and plants too .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 willthatdo

Hi,

Are some of you still having problems with the Kundalini ?

Feel free to PM me if you want advice on it.

It is not something that you have to go through. And contrary to other advice, if you are experiencing it, you should not meditate. Unless of course you want to continue experiencing it.

I experienced it, and I can say from experience that enlightenment is an illusion. You should really focus on keeping your chakras well and firmly shut and close off the spiritual world. When you do that there will be no need for grounding or anything of the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

willthatdo wrote: »
    Hi,

Are some of you still having problems with the Kundalini ?

Feel free to PM me if you want advice on it.

It is not something that you have to go through. And contrary to other advice, if you are experiencing it, you should not meditate. Unless of course you want to continue experiencing it.

I experienced it, and I can say from experience that enlightenment is an illusion. You should really focus on keeping your chakras well and firmly shut and close off the spiritual world. When you do that there will be no need for grounding or anything of the like.

Interesting .Can you elaborate or say more ?

Advertisement