Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtra-vision Clearanace Sale

Options
  • 04-04-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just heard from my sister that Xtra-vison are having another warehouse sale, I went to the one they had a year ago and got a great deal on a console and a telly. it is in the Green isle again, i'll just paste this from the mail she sent me
    PS3 Consoles from €149.99
    XB360 250GB Consoles €199.99
    Samsung DVD Players €30.00
    Blu-ray Players from €50.00
    TVs from €120.00
    Portable DVD Players €50.00
    Digital Cameras from €30.00
    MP3 Docking Stations from €20.00
    MP3 Players from €25.00
    Digital Photo Frames from €10.00
    Camcorders from €50.00
    Ex-Rental Films 5 for €10
    Coverless Music 5 for €10

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Any ideas when?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paulieb999

Friday and Saturday this week, 11 or 12 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

Where's the green isle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Where's the green isle?

Naas rd, before Newlands Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

johnayo wrote: »
    Naas rd, before Newlands Cross.

Good stuff, is it definitely going ahead?? im pretty keen because we are moving into a new flat this weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

This was actually pretty good last time I went to it. Got a couple of decent games and a brand spanking new PS2 for 50 quid.

Definitely on, heard an ad on the radio for it yesterday. Does anybody know what the Hannspree TV's are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is it a sale or an auction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Skerries wrote: »
    is it a sale or an auction?
    Warehouse sale...........clearance sale.....

:pac:

If I'm about I'll pop in. Thanks a mil for the heads up OP!

Is it worth getting a blu-ray player? My dvd player is a bit dodgy, is €50 a good price for a blu-ray player and do they make a difference in the quality?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

open 12 to 8 on friday & 10 to 4 on saturday according to their Facebook .

Gonna go see can i get a iPhone speaker dock for cheap enough .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

paulieb999 wrote: »
    Is it worth getting a blu-ray player? My dvd player is a bit dodgy, is €50 a good price for a blu-ray player and do they make a difference in the quality?
    assuming you have a HDTV and plan on buying or renting blu-rays then yes, i'd say so as it will still play all your DVD's and will likely do a better job of it than your old DVD player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I got a HDMI xbox 360 in the last one I went to for €99, with a post-Jasper chipset (i.e. less likely to overheat and cause the RROD - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081201130404AASO96k).

Anyone looking for a cheap console should definitely go along, even if it's not in that list above. There'll be a big pile of XB and PS3 consoles and you'll likely not find them cheaper anywhere. I also got some fairly recent games for quite cheap - Ghostbusters and Bioshock 2 for less than a tenner for both as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Anyone know if they'll take Credit and Laser cards at this?

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    Anyone know if they'll take Credit and Laser cards at this?

They did for me. They'll have a few tills set up, just like paying for something at a regular Xtravision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It will probably be a scrum I'm thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

BostonB wrote: »
    It will probably be a scum I'm thinking?

Or maybe a scam even:D

BostonB wrote: »
    It will probably be a scrum I'm thinking?

It's a big room with loads of people wandering around. It's open all weekend so it won't always be wedged. That said the stuff is mostly set up in big piles. First there will get the best picks. I went on the Sunday previously and there were dozens of PS3s and XBoxes left, hundreds of games as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone actually have the flyer/email that they can post here?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Anyone actually have the flyer/email that they can post here?

Was in the Evening Herald yesterday basically just listed what the OP did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Did they do software as well last time (DVD's, Blu-rays, Games etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    Did they do software as well last time (DVD's, Blu-rays, Games etc)?

Yup, picked up alot of them last time. had about 40 prince of persia limited editions too. you'll find alot of sub par games but a good few gems in there too. STACKS of DVDs too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Can someone tell me where exactly on the Naas road this is? For google map purposes :p

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where exactly on the Naas road this is? For google map purposes :p

Easiest thing is to search for Green Isle Hotel on Google Maps, I'd have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

reckon they'd be selling PS3 controls at a decent price? ...might trek it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

http://www.greenislehotel.com/map.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The Green Isle Hotel is located approx 1km on the Naas side of Newlands Cross.
    Driving along the Naas Rd towards Dublin after junction 2 you will pass the Green Isle on your left just before you reach Newlands Cross. After the hotel take the first left turn and immediately left again. The entrance is on your left at approx 500m.

Driving out of Dublin simple way is to go through Newlands Cross, pass Green Isle on your right, take next exit at junction 2, take 3rd exit off roundabout, cross over Naas Rd, take 3rd exit off roundabout, follow road and hotel is on your right at approx 500m.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The Number 69 bus from City Centre stops at the Green Isle Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

anyone know if its good for cameras

looking to get something decent that also does films with sound nothing too facny

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Would it be worth heading in at 6:30pm after work, or would all the decent stuff be gone?

Advertisement