Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship Qualifiers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hamilton in control of the final frame at the moment. 27-0 up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Will be sickened for Ken if he loses this. Hamilton cueing very well in the last couple of frames. Could be the last we'll see of Ken if he loses. Hopefully he'll have one more chance in this frame.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bad positional shot there. Doherty could be back on the table in a few.

EDIT: Yup!

Big shot here to keep Ken on the table. It's a go or bust shot I think.

EDIT: Safety was played instead. Phew. So intense!

45-8 to Hamilton atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Now in the deciding frame, Ken 43 behind.

Should never have come to this.

• Advertisement

Free ball, hamilton fecked that up big time. Kinda saw it coming though :P

Free ball, hamilton fecked that up big time. Kinda saw it coming though :P
    Probably would have been game over had he nestled in behind the brown. Very much game on now though. COME ON KEN!

Ken has a good chance here now to win the game. No pressure Ken <3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Very tense match and it's only a qualifier.

C'mon Ken!

The nerves, it feels like the Championship final!

• Advertisement

Ford lost 10-9, and had a frame deducted for coming back late after the interval I believe ?

Ken has a good chance here now to win the game. No pressure Ken <3
    Very good chance now. My hands are shaking here. Fcuk knows how Ken's feeling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Very tense match and it's only a qualifier.

C'mon Ken!

I can't take anymore !

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Go on my son

Delighted!

26.jpg

Took a lot of balls to win that from behind. Fair play Ken! You still have it :D The red at the bottom cushion was a beaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

My nerves are wrecked just sitting here watching live scoring!! Well done Ken, back in the Crucible again, it will be something to look forward to. He must have held his nerve well in that last frame, he was always a great player under pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
    I take it he won? Woohhhooooooo! Delighted for him, kens never say
    die attitude and nerve that served him well over the years has done it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭baldbear

Thanks for the updates. chuffed for ken.

• Advertisement

risteard7 wrote: »

Last frame Hamilton was in control. Took a gutsy red to bottom right and the white ended up on top cushion. He was meant to roll the white up behind the brown for the snooker but underhit it, he ended up snookering himself as a result. Ken cleared up. Underhit a few shots but took some excellent shots to recover from them.

risteard7 wrote: »
    Hell of a break to win it given the circumstances. Ok the reds were spread pretty nicely but he had two or three tough pots that could easily have gone wrong with so much at stake. The shot on the blue when he went in and out of baulk was lovely. Well done Ken. Balls of steel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Delighted for Ken!

Hamilton in control of the final frame at the moment. 27-0 up

I've travelled with Ken for eight years until 2000, and since then only a handful of trips but tonight was one of the most satisfying wins I've ever seen from him. No matter what happens in Sheffield, qualifying means so much to him.

And what top seed would like to draw Ken and play him over 19 frames!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

It would be great if David and fergal could get wins now. 3 irish players in first round would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

zack01 wrote: »
    I've travelled with Ken for eight years until 2000, and since then only a handful of trips but tonight was one of the most satisfying wins I've ever seen from him. No matter what happens in Sheffield, qualifying means so much to him.

And what top seed would like to draw Ken and play him over 19 frames!!!
    I was reading the updates this morning and found them tense enough, it must have been unbearable in Sheffield Zack! Can't wait for the World Championships to start now, although I'm watching BBC London in the Netherlands so I won't have access to the red button coverage on the tv. Shame that the evening coverage will be so short again, suppose they've got to make prime-time room for the millions of antiques fanatics though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭murtyd17

Lads
    anyone got a stream for Davy Morris match?
    Currently 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

that's my boy Ken, great new's.

Hawkins 6-2 up on Morris with one to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Important last frame from Davy. Big ask now but it wins the first he might have a chance.

Advertisement