Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is important for you in a relationship

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

RopeDrink I didn't mean any disrespect but as I explained I already have someone in my life who is very dependent on me with mental health issues. You have no idea how hard that is. Our 'relationship' is 90% about this person. No matter what I am going through I only get 5 minutes to talk about it before they take over talking about things I have heard a thousand times and that are not present issues and to be quite honest are blown out of porpotion. Talking obviously doesn't help them. They won't take / stick to professional help. I would have bailed by now like all their other friends except I would be afraid of what might happen if I do. How could I possibly want that in a romantic relationship???

You should be trying to get professional help if you already are not. Mental health issues do not always have to be long term and the only way out if professional help.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Someone who is honest. Not just in a no lying to me kind of way, but every way, no game playing, no cold shoulder if they're annoyed, no pretending, just pure upfront honesty- its so much easier that way. I really don't understand why people find it so hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Above all else I would have to say genuine kindness.
    A similar sense of humour to mine is also important to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

Honesty, caring, loyalty and a telepathic understanding / cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

TomKat wrote: »
    Honesty, caring, loyalty and a telepathic understanding / cop on.
    Telepathic? How about shape-changing too? The ability to morph into Angelina Jolie or Eva Green would certainly be on my wish list if we're including fantasy here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

Telepathic? How about shape-changing too? The ability to morph into Angelina Jolie or Eva Green would certainly be on my wish list if we're including fantasy here.

Really appreciate the unnecessary, condescending post.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Some one who is honest, respectful, and not hiding behind a pint glass...I don't what a bar stool romance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

1. trust - if i dont trust a woman there is no relationship

2. Confidence but not arrogance - i like a woman that knows her own mind but is not arrogant or obsessive about it.

3. Great sense of humour - i like being a cheeky playful git all the time ;)

4. Takes care of herself - i like a girl that makes an effort to look good... and doesn't do it by painting herself orange at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smile it confuses people

Tbh I used to think looks and all that jazz but then 2 years ago it all changed I was really picky and got bored with boys just sick of them then one night I met this guy out that I knew from around - he was quite large and shy and completely different then anything I would have gone for but that night was amazing I laughed so much an was simply drawn to him, he had a gf at the time (I didn't know) but he was the same simply drawn so he left his gf and moved home and when we were together time went so fast!! I never got bored of talking to him and found that I was so attracted to him nothing else mattered... We had a lot of sh1t thrown at us and came through it easily but recently he had to move to oz for work and I couldn't go so we split but I know that's not it for me and him If anything I feel stronger about him!

So as an answer there is no specific thing just go with it, follow ur heart and when you find them you will know!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Some one who is honest, respectful, and not hiding behind a pint glass...I don't what a bar stool romance

Have to agree with that. The whole getting smashed on the weekend was a big turn off for me. Also anyone who considers shopping as a pastime:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

1. trust - if i dont trust a woman there is no relationship

2. Confidence but not arrogance - i like a woman that knows her own mind but is not arrogant or obsessive about it.

3. Great sense of humour - i like being a cheeky playful git all the time ;)

4. Takes care of herself - i like a girl that makes an effort to look good... and doesn't do it by painting herself orange at every opportunity.

Although I agree with this, I should add another thing that is quite important for me. Sex. I can't live without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭manjosh

The most important thing to me in a relationship is respect. I majorly look for little thing, like not replying to you text while she might have read it and still online, texting with someone else. I do not want to know if its her mom. A "brb" goes a long way to tell me you at least respect me enough to not want to keep me waiting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Manjosh, for god's sake please can we have no more multiple instances of resurrecting long dead threads. Closed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement