Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant zero HELP

Options
  • 02-04-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

i bought myself a little ruger 10/22 about to months ago second hand had a little hakwe scope on it. loved the gun hated the scope while it was zeroed and holding the crosshairs were always outa focus and the glass was very unclear.
    so bought myself a very nice little bushnell banner scope 6-18x50 with about one meter of ajustment at 100 meters and my bullets are hitting way low even with the scope maxed out on adjustment, now i have changed front with back scope mount no change and even brought scope back and changed for another one of th same just to see no change, any help would be relly helpful,
    also just to recap
    ruger 10/22 16inch barrle
    warne mounts 2 pice picatinny rail
    burris xtreme tatical rings medium
    HELP
    IM GOING AROUND WITH TIN FOIL SHIMS UNDER MY REAR SCOPE RING
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

is the picatinny rail flat or is there a +moa built into it ?
    i dont know if its possible to fit the rails on backward.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 spudy1991

nope flat however i tried turning them around no help

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

Spudy1991 I had the same problem with my 10/22.
    And I talked to a friend of who knows all about gun and told to get a 20moa picatinny rail and it will sort it out.
    Yes I can say it done the job 100%.
    I bought the rail from US EGW I think was the people I got it from.
    Just added the link below for you.

http://www.egwguns.com/

iTom wrote: »
    Spudy1991 I had the same problem with my 10/22.
    And I talked to a friend of who knows all about gun and told to get a 20moa picatinny rail and it will sort it out.
    Yes I can say it done the job 100%.
    I bought the rail from US EGW I think was the people I got it from.
    yea said that to the fella i bought it off and he said that i shouldT have tha do that, as in there something wrong that id need it

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

Well I bought mine from new and had tried a few scopes like and none worked and thats when I went to my mate and he said that you need the rail.
    I was using a Burris scope on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

On my Anschutz .22lr i had a Tasco. Crosshair was a little heavy so i decided to change scopes. The Tasco had about 50MOA and the new one had 50MOA too so thought there should be no issues. I got the same 25mm tube so all i had to do was swop scopes.

I took off the Tasco, and put on the Hawke. Went to range to zero, and found i was running out of elevation. Same as you i had to use all the adjustment, but made my 50 yard zero with only 1MOA left. Thats 49MOA. I checked the Tasco, and found she had 13MOA left. So between the same mag scope, same tube, same mounts, same rifle, same adjustments i still had a 12MOA difference.

Still to this day cannot explain why, but i ended up shimming the base with 0.75 brass which gave me back 12.5 MOA.

Moral of the story is if you have checked mounts, rail, scope, basically everything and nothing is at fault it could be a case of what i had. So an inclined rail or base shim should sort you out.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

OK here I go

Some Rugers have what is called barrel droop. Because the barrel is not screwed onto the action but just pushed on and held in place with a dovetail grip on the bottom of the barrel. If this is tightended to much then it will pull the barrel down and this could be your problem.

Yes you can use tin foil under the rear mount or better cut up a beer can and fold over a couple of times that works as well.

But the best option is a MOA rail as said above.

And that could have been why the other scope had such poor vision as it could have been at the bottom of its reticle range.

Go to Rimfirecentral.com forum and look through the Ruger 10/22 section theres plenty of posts on everything about the Ruger rifles. Sre yo may even find me there too.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

ok so is there anywhere in ireland that stocks a 20 moa base for a ruger 10/22 then i hate waiting hahah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

spudy1991 wrote: »
    ok so is there anywhere in ireland that stocks a 20 moa base for a ruger 10/22 then i hate waiting hahah.

Well I put on a Tactical Solutions 15MOA rail last week and zeroed at the week end. It shot about 8" high before I re-zreoed it with the new rail.

Look to ebay.com for a rail

Advertisement