Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting past in the last 2 metres of a race

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

tunney wrote: »
    Maybe his aerodynamics can be improved but I doubt his position can be.

I get what you're saying. But both times now he's crashed on the run- "nutrition mistakes" is usually a euphemism for "died on the run". So I reckon he's maximising speed on the bike but at the cost of wrecking his run afterwards.

He could just be a relatively poor runner, but I reckon the 3:30/km he was supposedly hitting are more like the pace he thinks he is capable of running, and probably is in training.

Sorry Lance- your bike leg needs work!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

MrCreosote wrote: »
    I get what you're saying. But both times now he's crashed on the run- "nutrition mistakes" is usually a euphemism for "died on the run". So I reckon he's maximising speed on the bike but at the cost of wrecking his run afterwards.

He could just be a relatively poor runner, but I reckon the 3:30/km he was supposedly hitting are more like the pace he thinks he is capable of running, and probably is in training.

Sorry Lance- your bike leg needs work!

If his bike splits are affecting his run its not his position.
    Its the lifetime of being a pro cyclist and getting from point A to point B on the bike as fast as possible. Except now there its getting from A to B on the bike and then B to C on foot as fast as possible. Just my take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bambaata

hell of a swim out of him though! If he did manage to sort the run thing he'd definitely take some catching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

By Lance's own admission he needs to assess his weight:

"It's going to take repetition and (less) body weight," he said. "Every pound you lose is X (seconds) per mile. But I don't need to run like Tim O'Donnell as long as I (separate from the field) on the bike."

Is a bikers physique suitable for swimming and running or does it make any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

The video of Armstrong getting pipped. Ignore the ironman guff.

He also appears not to notice his daughter waiting for him to give him his medal. Ooops!

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/lance-armstrong-got-pipped-inches-from-the-finish-line-of-an-ironman-race-yesterday-404574-Apr2012/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Shamelessly stolen from the cycling forum

2whmh5g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭griffin100

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Shamelessly stolen from the cycling forum

2whmh5g.jpg

Someone please explain how I too can get sponsored by McDonalds..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I'm going to take your question at face value and offer this as a suggestion.
    It may be more event-oriented but let us know how you get on ;)

http://mcdonalds.com.au/about-us/responsibility/our-community/get-sponsored

Advertisement