Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Dyslexic can be fun

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Did you hear about the dyslexic?

He couldn't read so well and it was a severe handicap to him especially towards the latter stages of his life. Getting a job was a nightmare and he was always haunted by the realisation that he might not ever live a normal, happy life. He struggles to this day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTBC7ckTWpo

Scorn not his simplicity

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I'm dyslexic - i found it a complete hindrance at school - unteachable in a classroom , branded practically stupid ... but have had a pretty full and interesting life since , done a couple of books, written scripts , loads of interesting jobs , from microsoft to the music industry , done a few solo exhibitions, currently making a documentary - pretty ok for a complete academic failure at school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper?

You didn't?

Well he sold his soul to santa.

congratualations thats the most stupid lydexic joke I've ever heard....

you should go back to swatting fruit files :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

People seem to think it's fun to be dyleisxc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Thomas828 wrote: »
    People seem to think it's fun to be dyleisxc.

well I'm dyslexic when i was a kid, it was awful and I'm always on the defense but man when i make spelling blunders there fvcking funny :D

if you can't laugh at your self, who can ya laugh at :)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

uch wrote: »
    I'm dyslexic and while it can be a hinderance, I also get some good laughs out of it, for example I read a thread about someones circumstances, and I seen something about their "circumscision", I read thread titles wrong all the time and i laugh when I read them a second (or third) time and understand what they really say, is anyone else like this?

There's degrees of it and unfortunately it runs in my family. My brother can barely read or write, but he has done very well in life, he worked around it. His son has the same condition and I worry about him, he seems cut from the culture of his peers, no internet, facebook these are still literate places.
    His problem is eased slightly by the Ipad, but he does make some gaffs which he can get mocked for, but not by his real friends who know.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

I feel fortunate to have dailysex

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Why do so many people know a dyslexic who's walked into a bra? There seems to be a pandemic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I'm a little bit dickslexic myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

a dyslexic fat guy walked into abrakebabra

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Friends brother and some of his friends ended up in DCU instead of UCD where they should have been for a dyslexic convention, true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

brummytom wrote: »
    Why do so many people know a dyslexic who's walked into a bra? There seems to be a pandemic

They were breastfed as children

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

2 Dyslexics run into a bank
    air in the hands
    mother stickers
    this is a f**k up !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Very funny - let's all laugh at Dyslexia :rolleyes:

Close this thread mods, for the love of dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Did you hear about the dyslexic dominatrix? She thought M&S was a sex shop

Advertisement