Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

mickstupp wrote: »
    I think it's till you graduate... but can you get more books out if there's a fine on your account?

I think so. I'll just pay the fine in the new semester anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

I'm pretty sure you can graduate even with outstanding library fines, just not with repeat exam fees or tuition fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

namely, the SU bar?
    :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

mickstupp wrote: »
    I think it's till you graduate... but can you get more books out if there's a fine on your account?

Not if the fines are more than a certain amount - €5 I think

namely, the SU bar?
    :pac:

I think it's open from 12-6pm, don't take my word for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I've just seen a few posts on FB alluding to Dr Noel Murphy passing away. Is it true ?

There's nothing on the college website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I've just seen a few posts on FB alluding to Dr Noel Murphy passing away. Is it true ?

There's nothing on the college website.

It is true. See here:

http://rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=245404%2FDr.+NoelDRUMCONDRA%2FDrumcondra%2FDublin

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I had him in first year too, lovely man.
    Very sorry to hear about his untimely passing.

May he rest in peace.

Just out of interest, what happens if there is a mess-up in making an exam paper? We had an MCQ test and on some peoples papers for questions 51-60, the right answer had an X beside it. The thing is, not everyones paper had the X's beside the right answer and eventually it was spotted and we were told to just leave that section out. Could there be a re-sit as some students who didn't have the X's could have picked up marks on that section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

thelad95 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, what happens if there is a mess-up in making an exam paper? We had an MCQ test and on some peoples papers for questions 51-60, the right answer had an X beside it. The thing is, not everyones paper had the X's beside the right answer and eventually it was spotted and we were told to just leave that section out. Could there be a re-sit as some students who didn't have the X's could have picked up marks on that section?

Doubt it'll be a resit. They may just award full marks for that section for everyone or just omit it entirely from the paper marking.

• Advertisement

Anybody have any idea what this big announcement is tomorrow? Check the MSU Comms page.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I've heard nothing about it...but then again, I don't follow the MSU Comms (I'm presuming they're on Facebook) page.

EDIT: Never mind, I just discovered that I have "liked" it on Facebook, but Facebook's screwing it over by not showing its posts on my timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Anybody have any idea what this big announcement is tomorrow? Check the MSU Comms page.
    Couldn't find anything about an announcement on http://www.msu.ie.
    Am I thoroughly naive to think they'd put it there instead of or as well as on Facebook?

Perhaps the news is that whoever deals with communications over there is going to finally learn how to make use of other channels of communication?

Or should I just end my nine year refusal to open a Facebook account?
    (Feels like more than nine years...)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I feel like it could be in response to that poll they had before Christmas as to what act people would most like to see..

I'd say whatever it is isnt going to excite me enough to justify all the posts theyve made about it on fb though

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Probably just another shíte gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Planemo wrote: »
    Probably just another shíte gig.

With too many hashtags in the ads. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

All the countdowns and special announcements from the SU over the years are related to some act that has fallen far enough that they have to tour around college bars to make some money.

It will sell out anyway, always does these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I hope its another fluffy llama.

or failing that, the surviving/least talented members of a pop group from the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The Darkness and Scouting for Girls playing the venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    All the countdowns and special announcements from the SU over the years are related to some act that has fallen far enough that they have to tour around college bars to make some money.

It has come to pass:
    Pudsy33 wrote: »

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

It will sell out anyway, always does these days.

Called it right.
    Pudsy33 wrote: »

They're both good. I'm not sure if I care enough for either to shell out a tenner though. The announcement certainly wasn't worth the build-up.

Called it right.

They're both good. I'm not sure if I care enough for either to shell out a tenner though. The announcement certainly wasn't worth the build-up.

If it's enough to put you off shelling out a tenner then they're not good.

Jaysus this is THE most boring and pointless week off ever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Jaysus this is THE most boring and pointless week off ever.

Speak for yourself!! I've never needed a week at home/for just my head more in my life lol

I know there's an accommodation thread but nobody ever looks at it :P what is Rye Hall like to live in? The window for putting down a deposit opens in Feb so I'm trying to decide which to put as first preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I know there's an accommodation thread but nobody ever looks at it :P what is Rye Hall like to live in? The window for putting down a deposit opens in Feb so I'm trying to decide which to put as first preference.

fry.PNG?1307468855

mega-squint.jpg

434-mozart-not-sure.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

lorc43 wrote: »
    also any idea when the exams start/end?
    If you're a student at Maynooth University... then I think you may have a problem...

also any idea when the exams start/end?

You might want to sit down for a minute....

Edit: It appears you're a LC student. Exams are in mid-January and go on for two weeks.

Summer exams are in May and repeats are in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

the reading room in the arts building, is it open for leaving cert students?

No but they all go there anyway
    I'm assuming he's a 6th year wanting to go to the reading room to study and he doesn't want to go when it's packed around exam time
    Exams are over bud, but the reading rooms been cut in half and one half has been turned into a primary school classroom :P so there isn't much space anymore

Advertisement