Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Dickie10 wrote: »
    is it just me or are there an awful lot of effeminite guys in this college, Christ they seem to be everywhere! whats with the fashion of lads in the last 2 yrs its gone the dogs , surely all these guys cant be gay can they?? I don't really bother me, but just seems to be a serious amount of feminine fellas in this place, or is it now coll to talk like this and dress this way??

It's almost as bad as the super-masculine women wearing pants, having short hair and getting an education. Sometimes I just don't know where we went wrong as a society...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

7b5qu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is this a third year cs lecturer by any chance? My mate keeps going spare about her.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So for some reason I forgot that the book that I had taken out of the library was a day loan. It was due back on the 22nd and I now owe €16. Great...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭whats_my_name

I had this problem last year. Couldn't understand the lecturer & because of that couldn't grasp the course content at all. Ended up repeating the module last semester with an Irish lecturer & got 77 in it. Couldn't get over how easy the module was when explained well.

I was giving out last year about the lecturer to a friend that works in the RCSI & she said that any foreign lecturer that worked there had to get elocution lessons before they could take any classes which is only fair.

Just a gentle reminder that lecturers are known for being boards and reading posts such as these. I understand that you may be frustrated but perhaps we could leave out the identifying features as much as possible? Do remember that that can work both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

GarIT wrote: »
    That's her. We have a project with the first part due next Wednesday. All I know is we have to make software, the project could be as simple as a calculator or as complicated as Google for all I know. I asked her "what's expected of us for the project, can you give an example of the software we are expected to produce" the answer I got was "The software that you are planning for the project" so I asked "but what sort of software is expected" and I was told "you make the software you have been planning to make is for this module". What am I supposed to do with that.

Every now and again she sounds like when you put a mic beside a speaker. When she says the word planning she screeches the ning as loud as possible i.e planNING. In the lab worksheet we got, we were expected to use software that went out of use about 5 years ago and isn't even available on the oldest college computers. Also there was at least 1 spelling or grammar mistake for every two words on the page, the department don't care at all.

If I visited Tesco and a member of staff had as little english as she does I would be demanding to speak to the manager to ask why the f they hired her, she doesn't have enough English to be qualified to clean, never mind have a whole module to herself.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's very difficult to understand her at times. In saying that, there is lecture notes. The brief is very vague but I'm sure there is someone to answer the question. I'm also sure she is far more qualified than you. Just get on with it

EDIT: I'm not having a go, so don't take it that way. All I'm saying is sometimes life gives you lemons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

just wondering what jobs graduates with a history degree get when they leave maynooth , surely not al teachers considering how much bad press that occupation is getting these days? what other jobs could be got with one? theres a huge amount studying it and I heard it might get gate from the Junior Cert in r. quinns bid to make Ireland a secular, hi tech maths , science ,(bar of course ag science because farmers are evil landowning aristocrats) commie bloc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

just wondering what jobs graduates with a history degree get when they leave maynooth , surely not al teachers considering how much bad press that occupation is getting these days? what other jobs could be got with one? theres a huge amount studying it and I heard it might get gate from the Junior Cert in r. quinns bid to make Ireland a secular, hi tech maths , science ,(bar of course ag science because farmers are evil landowning aristocrats) commie bloc

Bloody hell, you're paranoid.

• Advertisement

ha just threw that in there! Quinn is a crow of the highest order! but really what do people with history and say anthropology r sumthin do if they don't teach? apart from go on to a masters and phd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

What's up with all the different balls? I've never been to one yet and there seems to be so many, how do you chose what ones to go to? I think there's ones for the business ball and 'A Night at the Oscars', Froebel one looks very expensive.

Any suggestions on what ones to go to?

business , women galore!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

ha just threw that in there! Quinn is a crow of the highest order! but really what do people with history and say anthropology r sumthin do if they don't teach? apart from go on to a masters and phd

When I started my pursuit(BA DBL History and Classics) I wanted to do Archaeology but that ain't gonna happen thanks to sweet lady diabetty, I think I will go for the Civil Service when I am done, maybe go for a masters and PHD in a few years.

BTW, Quinn is more a Lannister than a crow, he wouldn't last a day on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I will give a vote to whoever stops the "all students" emails from being abused*. Sick of my inbox being clogged with bullshít everyday.

*or whoever gives me the most free food

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm a non voting felon, what's my crime you ask? Voting Labour last election!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Planemo wrote: »
    I will give a vote to whoever stops the "all students" emails from being abused*. Sick of my inbox being clogged with bullshít everyday.

*or whoever gives me the most free food

Filter that ****. Haven't read an all student e mail in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

business , women galore!

I went for the Oscars one ... talked to some friends and apparently it was a sausage fest last year (Biz Ball) and they dont even have a proper meal. The other one had a three course meal and its somewhere nice, now just hope its good :) Or even better I win their competition for a refund/free tickets from facebook. Do people actually win those things or is it just for show?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Love yo mal, fab wedding
    xxxxxxxx

Think deise girl may have had a few rockshandys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ehhh I apologise for my contribution last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

deise_girl wrote: »
    Love yo mal, fab wedding
    xxxxxxxx

Did it feature a band who were quite good at archery? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

GarIT, if this is with the SU perhaps it's be best if you leave it off boards for the same reasons as I asked before.

Another mention of the lecturer will result in an infraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

GarIT wrote: »
    GarIT, if this is with the SU perhaps it's be best if you leave it off boards for the same reasons as I asked before.

Another mention of the lecturer will result in an infraction.

At first glance I thought this was garIT talking about himself in the third person and daring to infract himself

....then I thought the world had gone MAD !!

But thankfully I was just being silly and the world is ok....for now :D

aaabbbb wrote: »
    At first glance I thought this was garIT talking about himself in the third person and daring to infract himself

....then I thought the world had gone MAD !!

But thankfully I was just being silly and the world is ok....for now :D

Signing off may have been a good idea...

Signing off may have been a good idea...

The "Last edited by XxMCRxBabyxX; Today at 10:43." gave you away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Man, when i saw it first it was a separate post, so I was doubly confused, why would garIT have been talking to himself when it was MCR talking about him???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The only reason that I know its rag week next week is cause of that all student email...

Seren_ wrote: »
    The only reason that I know its rag week next week is cause of that all student email...

What a way for the university to be productive ! :D

• Advertisement

I miss proper rag week :(

Advertisement