Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Lads, beers. Are gonna ever do these or what?!

I like beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Have I been living under a rock for the past few months or was it ever announced that there is a new NUIM teaching facility upstairs in Manor Mills? I had a lecture there today and it was surprisingly nice. There's about 4 lecture rooms and they're all very modern.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Have I been living under a rock for the past few months or was it ever announced that there is a new NUIM teaching facility upstairs in Manor Mills? I had a lecture there today and it was surprisingly nice. There's about 4 lecture rooms and they're all very modern.

That's news to me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Lads, beers. Are gonna ever do these or what?!

Yeah a mod should probably get on that....I suggest you

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thwip! wrote: »
    Yeah a mod should probably get on that....I suggest you

If people had even answered me on here I would have! Anyone?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

TheBody wrote: »
    That's news to me!!

Me too ! How random !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I knew it existed but I don't know where I heard about it?

I've a sore throat now on top of everything else! Working full time clearly doesn't agree with me :P

I didn't know a thing about it until I got an email saying to go to Manor Mills to which I thought was some kind of joke. It's very nice I must say, the entrance is beside Chill. I wonder what their plan is for it? It's fully equipped with technology, fancy lighting and furniture. There is a huge hall outside the rooms that could easily be used as an exam venue too.

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I didn't know a thing about it until I got an email saying to go to Manor Mills to which I thought was some kind of joke. It's very nice I must say, the entrance is beside Chill. I wonder what their plan is for it? It's fully equipped with technology, fancy lighting and furniture. There is a huge hall outside the rooms that could easily be used as an exam venue too.

What departments have lectures there?

What departments have lectures there?

Not exactly sure who uses it. I had an Education tutorial there today and there was another room in use which seemed to me as if it was another tutorial of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

5,000 word research report due Thursday that i've barely started and is all over the place right now..

Lord give me strength

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

What's a research report? Never heard of whatever that is.

I mean... if it's a report on the research you've been doing, would that 5000 words not be better spent on actual research, rather than reporting on the research? Maybe you could just copy and paste your actual research? Or about 4000 words of your research as a sort of Here's An Example Chapter!

Or is it a fancy title for 'Big Essay'?

Either way, 5000 words sucks! But you can do it. Keep typing.

mickstupp wrote: »
    What's a research report? Never heard of whatever that is.

I mean... if it's a report on the research you've been doing, would that 5000 words not be better spent on actual research, rather than reporting on the research? Maybe you could just copy and paste your actual research? Or about 4000 words of your research as a sort of Here's An Example Chapter!

Or is it a fancy title for 'Big Essay'?

Either way, 5000 words sucks! But you can do it. Keep typing.

Basically an experiment we did on the links between personality and behaviour, the point of the report is to validate an objective test of personality. So we've to do up our Method / Results section, Discussion with reference to flaws / improvements in similar types of research in the future, and then Introduction into the general area of Personality, Theories, Psychometrics - Self reports - Objective testing and the Abstract / References / Appendix obviously.

It's grand, we've had 4 of them this year so we're used to doing them, should get it done comfortably between tomorrow and Sunday!

Basically an experiment we did on the links between personality and behaviour, the point of the report is to validate an objective test of personality. So we've to do up our Method / Results section, Discussion with reference to flaws / improvements in similar types of research in the future, and then Introduction into the general area of Personality, Theories, Psychometrics - Self reports - Objective testing and the Abstract / References / Appendix obviously.

It's grand, we've had 4 of them this year so we're used to doing them, should get it done comfortably between tomorrow and Sunday!

*Read the first paragraph. Tried to read again. One more time*
    Nope. Nothing. You lost me somewhere at basically.

*Read the first paragraph. Tried to read again. One more time*
    Nope. Nothing. You lost me somewhere at basically.

*jots down in notebook*

IT'S ALL A TRICK, THIS IS MY EXPERIMENT

MWAHHAHAHAHAHHA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

That sounds like a lot of work.
    But it also sounds like the sort of thing I like reading about without having to go through the learning of it... like articles in New Scientist or something.

mickstupp wrote: »
    That sounds like a lot of work.
    But it also sounds like the sort of thing I like reading about without having to go through the learning of it... like articles in New Scientist or something.

They're a bit shiiit alright to be honest. But sure look, I'll get through it by hook or by crook ;)

Does anyone know if Primacare still opens on a Saturday morning?

I believe it does!

Primacare is very handy cause it takes medical cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Secondary school have classes there too (manor mills now, not primacare!)

kellief wrote: »
    Secondary school have classes there too (manor mills now, not primacare!)

I knew the secondary school had classes there but I didn't know the college was using it.

I knew the secondary school had classes there but I didn't know the college was using it.

Thats mad ! Though makes sense since the ss is waaaayy beyond capacity !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'd hazard a guess that Manor Mills is waaaayy below capacity too. :pac:

I'd hazard a guess that Manor Mills is waaaayy below capacity too. :pac:

Be slightly ironic if there were buisness/economics classes held there :pac:

Was in there today, and I actually don't think there was any empty units! I assume that won't last long.

Tiger is the best shop ever. Can't go in without picking something awesome up. Like adhesive flowers. Or €8 headphones.

16 people currently active. You'd know that it's a Sunday night alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Is it just me, or have they intentionally made the wi-fi absolutely useless in JH4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Is it just me, or have they intentionally made the wi-fi absolutely useless in JH4?

No that'd be all over campus :pac:

• Advertisement

There used to be a joke about the Computer Centre.

Q: How many CC employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
    A: None. They don't change things. Ever. Including lightbulbs.

Advertisement