Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Toshi101 wrote: »
    freedom of speech

And? They're still idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Response to the fliers from an artist friend of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That is some serious crazy on those pamphlets, good lord what is up these guys and their agenda pushing, getting to really force their views, I have been here on and off now for the past 5 years as a student and I have seen and heard some crazy ****, this is among the weirdest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Looks like Starbucks aren't taking student cards now. Don't know if it's permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Bah. Almost every time I pass the place the queues are too long. And anyway, damn slow in comparison to the awesome Bewleys ladies. I do love a Starbucks mocha though.

• Advertisement

mickstupp wrote: »
    Bah. Almost every time I pass the place the queues are too long. And anyway, damn slow in comparison to the awesome Bewleys ladies. I do love a Starbucks mocha though.

I just use it to keep me fed during my library marathon sessions. Thought that I'd warm others though. Is there anywhere that actually dies take the card anymore?

I had lunch in the canteen two Fridays ago, they took it.
    I wish the vending machines took it.
    And the coffee machines that serve the godlike hot chocolate for one earth quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

mickstupp wrote: »
    I had lunch in the canteen two Fridays ago, they took it.
    I wish the vending machines took it.
    And the coffee machines that serve the godlike hot chocolate for one earth quid.

Do the vending machines in the library not take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Nicest place for coffee/anything in Maynooth is definitely Atlas on Straffan Road (formerly called Boss Hogg). Their hot chocolate is amaaaaaaaaazing. Bitterish, just how I like it (not a big fan of the sweet syrupy ones). If only it was closer to campus :( also they do proper fancy coffee too.

ALSO OMG THE BURRITOS IN THE CANTEEN. €4 for awesomeness. Not as tasty as Boojum etc but still.

Do the vending machines in the library not take it?
    Yeah but they're in the library. I want all the vending machines to take it. I wonder if that's an alteration that can be made, or does it require brand new vending machines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

That chipper beside Mazzonis is gorgeous!!

A million times nice than Supermacs.

Agree about the machines, either have them all cash or all card.

The card has just been a disaster. Wonder who came up with that idea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

*hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Seren_ wrote: »
    Nicest place for coffee/anything in Maynooth is definitely Atlas on Straffan Road (formerly called Boss Hogg). Their hot chocolate is amaaaaaaaaazing. Bitterish, just how I like it (not a big fan of the sweet syrupy ones). If only it was closer to campus :( also they do proper fancy coffee too.

ALSO OMG THE BURRITOS IN THE CANTEEN. €4 for awesomeness. Not as tasty as Boojum etc but still.

Burritos? D: have you ever had toltecca ones ? Sheer beauty

marko93 wrote: »
    Burritos? D: have you ever had toltecca ones ? Sheer beauty

They were never my favourites. Found them blander than others. Burritos and Blues ate good and there's somewhere else who's name I've forgotten.

I wonder would anyone in the library notice if I just slept here...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

They were never my favourites. Found them blander than others. Burritos and Blues ate good and there's somewhere else who's name I've forgotten.

I wonder would anyone in the library notice if I just slept here...?

Try camping in the philosophy section of the library on the top floor. It is deserted during the day, must be a place separate from our universe at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Whaaaat? I think they taste amazing o.o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's Pablo Picantes.

Last person in the library. Aren't I the cool one...

Guys, opinions? I have pretty much a full 2500 word essay to write tomorrow. Do I bother going to my three lectures tomorrow (9am and 2pm - Land Law, 10am - History) or just camp out in the library for 17 hours?

Last person in the library. Aren't I the cool one...

Guys, opinions? I have pretty much a full 2500 word essay to write tomorrow. Do I bother going to my three lectures tomorrow (9am and 2pm - Land Law, 10am - History) or just camp out in the library for 17 hours?

Nah skip and do it, get the head down and finish it! I'm in the exact same situation. Do you not think 3500 essay on intention is pretty big for a first year?! Essays just keep coming and coming. Don't even want to think about exams. :O

• Advertisement

Yea, I would think that would be a pretty big essay alright. I've only had one essay that long between first year and now (though I have another 4000 coming up). Who's it for and what's it worth?

Yea, I would think that would be a pretty big essay alright. I've only had one essay that long between first year and now (though I have another 4000 coming up). Who's it for and what's it worth?

We have 10% CA. This essay is 30% and the exam is 60%. Does that sound right?! It's in around that anyway. Madness. Brian is his first name I think. He's leaving in Jan. absolute amazing lecturer though. Shame he's leaving. I won't miss his essays that's for sure!

Oh and our CA is another 6 750 word essays, but 3 are already done.

We have 10% CA. This essay is 30% and the exam is 60%. Does that sound right?! It's in around that anyway. Madness. Brian is his first name I think. He's leaving in Jan. absolute amazing lecturer though. Shame he's leaving. I won't miss his essays that's for sure!

Oh and our CA is another 6 750 word essays, but 3 are already done.

Flange is leaving?! But he's only just back! :-(

That sounds like massive workload for 40%. Even my 4000 word essays are worth 60%! Maybe it's a credit thing but that still sounds like a lot, especially for a first year.

Flange is leaving?! But he's only just back! :-(

That sounds like massive workload for 40%. Even my 4000 word essays are worth 60%! Maybe it's a credit thing but that still sounds like a lot, especially for a first year.

No it's not Flanagan. That man is a genius BTW! Amazing lecturer.

He a guy with a bit if a cork accent, glasses and pretty funny. Heard someone say he's off to Oxford. Bit of luck he take his essays with him!

No it's not Flanagan. That man is a genius BTW! Amazing lecturer.

He a guy with a bit if a cork accent, glasses and pretty funny. Heard someone say he's off to Oxford. Bit of luck he take his essays with him!

That's alright then!

I have no idea who you're talking about so!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm not a big fan of Chill, I bought a chicken wrap there once and it was cold and probably had half as much chicken in it as a similarly-priced roll from Dunnes/Londis/Centra. :(

I'm not a big fan of Chill, I bought a chicken wrap there once and it was cold and probably had half as much chicken in it as a similarly-priced roll from Dunnes/Londis/Centra. :(

I'm not a fan of them cause they're utter [redacted].

I'm not a fan of them cause they're utter [redacted].

I second this. They're not exactly the nicest to some.

Also the one time I did go in this year they had no food left!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone pick there modules purely on assessment grounds? I did this this year and worked a treat only one module CA the rest are 50-50 or 100% exams, I don't mind taking my chances in the exams kinda like the LC , I think theres wayyyy to much work in some of them CA modules for what they represent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Anyone else have a module that they absolutely hate?

I have one, its only on once a week as a double class at 4pm. The course itself isn't so bad but the lecturer is so very boring and dull. I am already tired by the time the class comes around and once I go in I hate it and learn nothing.

I think I only went 3-4 times so far this semester to it. Feel so guilty when I miss it as Im in my final year and really need to get a good result!

Advertisement