Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Iontas Foyer :D

There's lockers in the gym though

Isn't there something about them opening after a certain time?

Quick question, right to think labs wont start this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Yep, no biology labs until week 4 I think, but Chemistry start in week 2 :(

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Yep, no biology labs until week 4 I think, but Chemistry start in week 2 :(

Computer Labs! I dropped Bio and Chem when I switched to CSSE :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

marko93 wrote: »

Oops, sorry :o

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Oops, sorry :o

I wasn't exactly specific so I do appreciate the help brobino!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I wasn't exactly specific so I do appreciate the help brobino!

Usually they start in week 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Labs for CSSEs don't generally start back till the 2nd week of term afaik?
    :)

Thanks ladzh! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Can anyone who has gone through the late registration process (repeat/deferral) before tell me how long I should expect it to take? Would trying to get it done in the hour between two lectures on Friday be stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Can anyone who has gone through the late registration process (repeat/deferral) before tell me how long I should expect it to take? Would trying to get it done in the hour between two lectures on Friday be stupid?
    You might be very lucky to get it done in an hour... I wouldn't bet on it though. I was putting aside two hours for my registration just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I imagine it will probably take more than an hour, and most of that will be spent queing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

anyone having trouble getting on to moodle?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

lisar816 wrote: »
    anyone having trouble getting on to moodle?
    I am. It's taking quite a while to log in.

To be specific, it took me fifteen minutes to get the spinning circle to finally go away, and then I was able to log in. It did log in eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Yeh, I'm sitting in the library for the last 15 min trying to log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I came in far too early to make sure I got a parking space. There are LOADS. I feel silly now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Seren_ wrote: »
    I imagine it will probably take more than an hour, and most of that will be spent queing.

Right, I have pretty much no time that I can do it during so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

It took me about 30 mins to do last year there was hardly anyone there I just walked right in. Would have taken 5 mins if the system didn't keep inssisting I register for electronic engineering instead of Maths.

It really depends on how may people there are repeating etc. I'd imagine and which registration slot you decide to go at. I think I went to the second one in the afternoon last year (I think ,it was definitely the afternoon anyway ) and like I said there was only about 10 people there including staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Judging by the large amount of threads asking about registration, how about a stickied thread for FAQs regarding registration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Anyone know how long it will take for Moodle to update after changing my subjects? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

It's normally 24hrs or less but as the registration module amendments kicked off today for all there could be a backlog and may take a while longer.

• Advertisement

Judging by the large amount of threads asking about registration, how about a stickied thread for FAQs regarding registration?
    Good idea. If someone wants to do up a thread about it, I'm more than happy to make it a sticky for the next while. I really don't have the time at the minute to write one up though!

Did anyone else think campus was weirdly quiet today? I was over in the arts block/Chill/SU between 1 & 2 and there really didn't seem to be as many people as usual around for the first day back.

Also my course is so awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Speak for yourself, my CS210 lectures were packed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I thought it was pretty packed, loads walking around. It might not have been that busy at the SU at 1 to 2 because there was loads in and around the Marquee. The train was packed anyway, and it was not even the early one. I think it is going to be a busy campus the next few weeks.

To be fair, I had class from 10 until 5 (apart from the aforementioned lunch) so I did probably just happen to miss the busyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

SU was packed for the majority of the day? I was supposed to be working a split from 10-2/7-close and I ended up staying the whole day because we were that busy..

jubella wrote: »
    I came in far too early to make sure I got a parking space. There are LOADS. I feel silly now.

I couldn't find any at allat 10:30 today , had to park in the gaa club :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I couldn't find any at allat 10:30 today , had to park in the gaa club :(

Seriously? I thought yesterday was too good to be true alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Darren.993

I changed some of my modules yesterday, but I want to change back to one of them now. However all the modules I removed have completely disappeared from the list of options. I'm not sure what to do now. :o

jubella wrote: »
    Seriously? I thought yesterday was too good to be true alright!

Yep and there were about 20 other cars behind me with no luck either :(

I'm just hoping its the fact the permit isn't in place yet so people are more inclined to drive in

Wishful thinking....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Darren.993 wrote: »
    I changed some of my modules yesterday, but I want to change back to one of them now. However all the modules I removed have completely disappeared from the list of options. I'm not sure what to do now. :o

It's possible that the module is full and no one else can sign up.

Just email them ...

Advertisement