Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

IanFroebs wrote: »
    You guys have it easy!

We (Froebel) start on campus next Monday the 2nd and should be getting our timetables on Wednesday...

(emphasis on should)

Us firsties don't start til the 23rd I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 IanFroebs

Us firsties don't start til the 23rd I think...

Are you a first-year Froebelian? If so, hi! I'm Ian :)

Yeah, I think you're in on the 18th/19th for registration and then in on the 23rd when the Froebel craziness will really begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Buzzing to go back and top the amazing first year I had, looking forward to the craic again, the alcohol and the nights out. Thought to myself, GEE 2ND YEAR PSYCH GOD HOW FUN..

Looked at my coursework material and the level of assignments to be done for the next year

:(:(:(

NEVER COMING BACK......

EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

# who needs college when you can just a become one of deeeeeese:

MZyfCX1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Buzzing to go back and top the amazing first year I had, looking forward to the craic again, the alcohol and the nights out. Thought to myself, GEE 2ND YEAR PSYCH GOD HOW FUN..

Looked at my coursework material and the level of assignments to be done for the next year

:(:(:(

NEVER COMING BACK......

EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

# who needs college when you can just a become one of deeeeeese:

MZyfCX1.gif

Just imagine what I'm going through now.... I'm starting my final year in few weeks... :(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Paczini wrote: »
    Just imagine what I'm going through now.... I'm starting my final year in few weeks... :(:(:(:(:(

The f y words should be a bannable term. Terrified is an understatement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

I can't wait to start at Maynooth but why does it begin so much later than everywhere else? My friends going to NCI and UCD all have orientation next week. 0_o

The f y words should be a bannable term. Terrified is an understatement.
    Especially because I really liked to chill out during term and just cram the material night before the exam :( And.. some circumstances in my life changed therefore I will be way busier during the week (and weekends) :(

andrew369 wrote: »
    I can't wait to start at Maynooth but why does it begin so much later than everywhere else? My friends going to NCI and UCD all have orientation next week. 0_o

They probably have their exams way earlier too.. I cant wait to get back to Maynooth too cause I really miss it since September but I'm just not looking forward to my final year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Iamthepast

andrew369 wrote: »

I'm quite happy we start later, I'm still without a place to live :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Can somebody please explain to me how to pronounce Froebel properly.
    Sometimes I think it's Froobel. Sometimes Froh-bel.
    Maybe Freebel? Because of the oe and Phoenix?

Most often I read it in a Swedish Chef voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

mickstupp wrote: »

I think it's freh-bel ( the -oe- is like the -e- in men).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

plumpote wrote: »
    I think it's freh-bel ( the -oe- is like the -e- in men).

That's the way I've heard it pronounced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 IanFroebs

We say it as 'Froebel' to rhyme with 'rebel'.

Some funny variations I've heard:
    Frow-bell
    Frow-eh-bell
    Frow-bull
    Free-bell
    Froo-bull
    Fry-bull
    Fribble :confused:

Friedrich Froebel was German, btw! He came up with the concept of Kindergarten for those of you who didn't know :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Wow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Boeing777 wrote: »
    woo hoo about time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Not sure if want!

Also, to anyone who's completed 2nd Year CSSS, could ya tell me the story with labs/tutorials and work load? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Why aren't labs included in the timetable this time/yet?
    Or has Engineering dropped about 12 hours since last year :P

D_s wrote: »
    Why aren't labs/tuts included in the timetable this time/yet?
    Or has Engineering dropped about 12 hours since last year :P

Labs & tutorials are never on the timetable. When you start you'll be told the day where you sign up. You pick your labs/tutorials based on your timetable and when you have gaps than you can fill. All will become clearer! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

There are several different lab slots, you'll sign up in the first week of lectures for whatever session suits you best. I think they leave them off as it would scare the ****e out of people if they looked at the timetable and saw 12 hours of labs a week (4x3 hour slots).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

There are several different lab slots, you'll sign up in the first week of lectures for whatever session suits you best. I think they leave them off as it would scare the ****e out of people if they looked at the timetable and saw 12 hours of labs a week (4x3 hour slots).

Cool, thanks a million. I've been refreshing that page all week, and last years timetable (which I'm now unnaturally familiar with) had Labs included on that page, guess its changed.

Cheers again :D

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh for F*** Sake, I hate Law department I JUST HATE IT!!!!!!!!!
    Both semesters: Monday 10am - gap till 4pm... tuesday 9am.. wednesday 9am... Friday 10am...

Is anyone happy with their timetable? I don't think mine could get any worse?! It's just horrible :(

Is anyone happy with their timetable? I don't think mine could get any worse?! It's just horrible :(
    Im just about to cry now... Friday 10am - compulsory lecture on which the lecturer asks random people and you need to know the answer. He knows everyone so if I'll skip it, he will know. How am I supposed to go to this lecture after Thursday night in Roost?!

Also... Mondays - 2 law lectures with a lecturer that puts me to sleep.. of course compulsory

There's a lecture I wont even be able to go to because it clashes with my bus timetable. The last bus goes at 4pm on Friday and this lecture is at 4pm so it doesn't suit me.

I've only ever heard it as freh-bel here, but technically its froo-bel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

My semester 1 timetable is the best. 11am is my earliest start and no Fridays! Tutorials better not mess this up for me...

IanFroebs wrote: »
    Are you a first-year Froebelian? If so, hi! I'm Ian :)

Yeah, I think you're in on the 18th/19th for registration and then in on the 23rd when the Froebel craziness will really begin...

Yup, I am! I'm Áine :) dying to start!

At least you have a good excuse ;)

• Advertisement

jubella wrote: »
    My semester 1 timetable is the best. 11am is my earliest start and no Fridays! Tutorials better not mess this up for me...
    You're really lucky ;)

Advertisement