Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 titusthefirst

I loaded a team as far back as the 8th March and in the 7 days after, I changed the team a few times..using the link,,16th March nothing..cant get my team at all..since then...rumour has it the papers adventure into fantasy premiership. has been a disaster..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 titusthefirst

any chance we might know the source of that info...Irish Times wont reply to me

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭markpauldunne

I got the team set up last week and received the email below on 4th April......

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Dear Mark Dunne

You've successfully registered a team in the Irish Times Fantasy Golf 2013 game.

Your team details can be confirmed as follows:

Team Name - Ashburners
    Username - m**********e@eircom.net
    Password - **********

You can make changes to your team at: http://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com

Good luck!

The Irish Times Fantasy Golf 2013 team

Now the whole site has vanished !

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rudboy

any chance we might know the source of that info...Irish Times wont reply to me

Just e-mailed general enquiries, services@irishtimes.com and they got back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Geronimo_Joe

I loaded a team as far back as the 8th March and in the 7 days after, I changed the team a few times..using the link,,16th March nothing..cant get my team at all..since then...rumour has it the papers adventure into fantasy premiership. has been a disaster..

That is total rubbish, The Irish Times Fantasy Premiership game is a huge success and excellently ran, has the best part of ten thousand entrants and nice prizes.

So which part of that is "rumoured" to be a disaster titusthefirst?

Obviously you aren't in the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

That is total rubbish, The Irish Times Fantasy Premiership game is a huge success and excellently ran, has the best part of ten thousand entrants and nice prizes.

So which part of that is "rumoured" to be a disaster titusthefirst?

Obviously you aren't in the competition.

Going by the Fantasy Sports forum it was awful (didn't enter it myself). Was very disappointed with the format of the fantasy golf last year in comparison with the old format, way less skill involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Geronimo_Joe

qwabercd, had a look at the fantasy forums and there is nothing there to suggest the game is "awful".

My friends and I have been playing the game all season and we all agree it is a very well structured game and well ran and I would say that is the opinion of 99.9 % of entrants.

I would like someone to post on this forum what they found "awful" with the game and not just give a completely subjective opinion.

On the subject of the Irish Times fantasy golf, what "skill" was involved pre- last year that wasn't involved last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

rudboy wrote: »
    Got in contact with the Times,

'The Fantasy Golf 2013 competition will commence on May 9th this year. The
    website should be live in two weeks time.'

So will probably last longer towards the end of the season....

still nothing on website. hope it goes ahead in May.

Golf is up and running!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭SEORG

Has anyone else signed up for this yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Yes I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

any boards league or code for league i can join?

Anyone got the password?

rudboy wrote: »
    Anyone got the password?
    dont think ya need the password for the first week

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Boards.ie2013
    League PIN: 1632

The prize for best team name will now be awarded:
    (It might be early, but I can't see this being bettered...)

Step forward, Simon, for...

[ Dustin My Johnson ]

Oooohh yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Keyser Tenerife

Hi!

I would like join the league!

Best regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

LinksLad wrote: »
    The prize for best team name will now be awarded:
    (It might be early, but I can't see this being bettered...)

Step forward, Simon, for...

[ Dustin My Johnson ]

Oooohh yeah!
    cheers! :cool:

now what did i win.......? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

I have a pending request put through there.

If someone could accept me that would be swell, thanks.

Date/Time_________________________Tournament____________________Venue_________________Weight
    9 May 12:15 Irish time________________Players_Championship______________TPC_Sawgrass___________2
    16 May 13:00 Irish time_______________HP_Byron_Nelson_Championship______TPC_Four_Seasons_______1
    23 May 07:00 Irish time_______________BMW_PGA_Championship___________Wentworth_Club__________2
    30 May 12:30 Irish time_______________Memorial_Tournament______________Muirfield_Village_GC_______1
    6 June 13:00 Irish time_______________FedEx_St._Jude_Classic_____________TPC_Southwind__________1
    13 June 12:00 Irish time______________US_Open_Championship____________Merion_GC_______________3
    20 June 12:00 Irish time______________Travelers_Championship____________TPC_River_Highlands_______1
    27 June 07:00 Irish time______________Irish_Open______________________Carton_House_____________1
    4 July 06:30 Irish time_______________Open_de_France__________________Le_Golf_National___________1
    11 July 07:30 Irish time______________Scottish_Open___________________Castle_Stuart_____________1
    18 July 06:30 Irish time______________The_Open_Championship___________Muirfield_________________3
    25 July 12:00 Irish time______________RBC_Canadian_Open______________Glen_Abbey_GC___________1
    1 August 13:30 Irish time____________WGC_Bridgestone_Invitational_______Firestone_CC_____________2
    8 August 12:00 Irish time____________US_PGA_Championship____________Oak_Hill_CC_______________3
    15 August 12:00 Irish time___________Wyndham_Championship___________Sedgefield_CC____________1
    22 August 12:00 Irish time___________The_Barclays_____________________Liberty_National_GC_______1
    30 August 12:30 Irish time___________Deutsche_Bank_Championship_______TPC_Boston_____________1
    5 September 06:30 Irish time_________Omega_European_Masters__________Crans-sur-Sierre__________1
    12 September 16:00 Irish time________BMW_Championship_______________Conway_Farms_GC________1
    19 September 16:30 Irish time________Tour_Championship________________East_Lake_GC___________2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    dont think ya need the password for the first week

its askin me for a password . are you allowed to set up a second team

dball wrote: »
    its askin me for a password . are you allowed to set up a second team
    password for making transfers....? so your team is set up but you want to improve it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

swoody wrote: »
    password for making transfers....? so your team is set up but you want to improve it :confused:

Set up a team, then realized that one of my players is not playing today so I don't want to have to create another team.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dball wrote: »
    Set up a team, then realized that one of my players is not playing today so I don't want to have to create another team.

You can make unlimited changes to your team up until the first tee time today

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

IIRC after changing team personnel last night it says the password is 'golf' which you have to use today if you are making any changes but it is still unlimited transfers.

Over 40 names on the board for this. Good turnout, and room for more.
    Best of luck to all.

good round from Garcia. have him and hope he gets bonus points!

Mickelson and Horschel WTF where you doing up 18...? all you had to do was get par, twats!

swoody wrote: »
    Mickelson and Horschel WTF where you doing up 18...? all you had to do was get par, twats!
    i also have horschel and was ragin with him at 18

• Advertisement

Nice one Bo, 7 over for the day FFS!!:mad:

Advertisement