Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 for 2 paint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Anyone know if this is still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Yes it on until Thursday 12 th iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Kinikie wrote: »
    Yes it on until Thursday 12 th iirc
    http://www.diy.com/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

paddy147 wrote: »
    Im also keeping my money in Ireland too.

But thats just me.

yeah we all know you have something againstr b&q, you were found out in the last thread
    what about the Irish people who work there?:rolleyes:

And anyway,by the time I would get from the builders providers to buy the paint,and then out to BnQ to argue with them over the prices,and then drop the paint back to the builders providers,thats the money saved gone on diesel and not to mention the time wasted.

Since when is BnQ an Irish Irish owned/Irish run company???

Its UK company,and BnQ is actually owned by a much much larger UK company called "Kingfisher",who also own Screw-Fix Direct too.

http://www.kingfisher.com/index.asp

Id rather keep my money and give to a local Irish owned builders providers and support the local economy.Easier for me,cheaper and less hassle too.

Regards.
    We have been over this, you don't need to go to the builders providers firsy paddy
    you clearly have issues and something against b&q
    Does that mean you have to spoil every thread you post in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Still on on Airside, kept them money in Ireland too, it's going towards the wages of the very helpful staff in B&Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Its UK company,and BnQ is actually owned by a much much larger UK company called "Kingfisher",who also own Screw-Fix Direct too.

Id rather keep my money and give to a local Irish owned builders providers and support the local economy.

If buying Irish is a point of principle for you, why do you rarely miss an opportunity to tell all of the numerous TV's you purchased in Tesco?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Yamanoto wrote: »
    If buying Irish is a point of principle for you, why do you rarely miss an opportunity to tell all of the numerous TV's you purchased in Tesco?

Yep,1 x LG 1080P Full HD Divx TV for 250 euro in Tesco,Clarehall back in October of last year.DID and Power City were "miles" more expensive at the time.

AleoN wrote: »
    Paddy

They had this in B&Q in Airside last week. Still have loads of it today just inside the door !!!
    3 for 2 offer €47.98 per tin plus 10% extra free.

AleoN

Wasnt there 2 weekends ago or last weekend either,as I was out there on both occasions and did a check with the store manager.

There on Friday just gone allright,in Magnollia.

Yep,1 x LG 1080P Full HD Divx TV for 250 euro in Tesco,Clarehall back in October of last year.DID and Power City were "miles" more expensive at the time.

Should have bought it from an Irish owned company to keep the money in Ireland

• Advertisement

darokane wrote: »

Would have done if both Irish owned shops sales prices hadnt have been well over 120 euro more expensive for said TV at the time.

Id rather keep my money and give to a local Irish owned builders providers and support the local economy.Easier for me,cheaper and less hassle too.

Regards.
    Would have done if both Irish owned shops hadnt had been well over 130 euro more expensive for said TV at the time.

I don't think that i need to say the obvious on this one:rolleyes:

I don't think that i need to say the obvious on this one:rolleyes:

A local builders providers will allways be cheaper than any "weekend" DIY superstore like BnQ,Homebase,Woodies and so on.

Woodies..."theres no better buy in diy"????

FFS sake,who are they kidding.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This has been well docummented and proven many times over on this forum before in the past,and by quite a few different members too.

Id love top see BnQ,Homebase or Woodies sell diy and building products at good prices,the likes of 16 foot lengths of 2 x 1 and also 2 x 2 pressure treated wood at prices like this.

A 16 foot length of 2 x 2 pressure treated is 4 euro 64 cents in a builders provoiders.
    An 8 foot length is 13 euro 5 cents in Homebase.:eek:

A 16 foot length of 2 x 1 pressure treated is a mere 2 euro 85 cents in a builders providers.
    An 8 foot length in Homebase is 5 euro 95 cents.:eek:

4 inch solid block is 55-65 cents in most builders providers.
    1 euro 30 cents in BnQ.

2 meter length of 15mm pipe insulation is 1 euro in a builders providers.
    2 euro 30 cents in BnQ and Homebase.

If builders providers can allways sell to the public at these much lower prices,then why cant the DIY Superstores??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Eh, ok.....though kinda renders your declaration of support for Irish businesses and the local economy a touch empty, if you only choose to apply it when the product is cheaper in an Irish store.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Eh, ok.....though kinda renders your declaration of support for Irish businesses and the local economy a touch empty, if you only choose to apply it when the product is cheaper in an Irish store.

Would you also care to comment on posts 42,44 and 45 too??

Fact is though paddy, even with all those price, you can still better them by 10% by shopping at Bandq..you just need to tell them, when you buy and they will price promise.

Fact is though paddy, even with all those price, you can still better them by 10% by shopping at Bandq..you just need to tell them, when you buy and they will price promise.

BnQ have so many little catches and ways out of their price prommise.

I tried it before in the past,and one of the reasons given was that a "builders providers" is not a "competitor" to them.:rolleyes:
    A competitor to them is another DIY Superstore.

BnQ wont do price prommises on "special offers" that they have,even if the special offer price is still dearer than a builders providers.:rolleyes:

Also the product has to be the exact same product spec and make,so if a builders providers gets their wood or concrete blocks from a different product maker to BnQ,well then thats another way out of it for BnQ.

So thats another reason why I dont bother anymore with them.

Have a look at posts 44 and 45.

BnQ have so many little catches and ways out of their price prommise.

I tried it before in the past,and one of the reasons given was that a "builders providers" is not a "competitor" to them.:rolleyes:
    A competitor to them is another DIY Superstore.

They wont do price prommises on "special offers" that they have,even if the special offer price is still dearer than a builders providers.:rolleyes:

Also the product has to be the exact same product,so if a builders providers gets their wood or concrete blocks from a different product maker to BnQ,well then thats another way out of it for BnQ.

So thats another reason why I dont bother anymore with them.

Have a look at posts 44 and 45.

All of the above is bull and you know it
    b&q don't even sell concrete blocks
    And no the wood would not have to be from the same provider
    It would have the be the same size and width

The price promise is done on "special offers".

All of the above is bull and you know it
    b&q don't even sell concrete blocks
    And no the wood would not have to be from the same provider
    It would have the be the same size and width

The price promise is done on "special offers".

Eh BnQ do sell 4 inch solids and also 9 inch breeze blocks.

The price prommise is not done on special offer or sale prices.

Only on rrp prices.

• Advertisement

Eh BnQ do sell 4 inch solids and also 9 inch breeze blocks.

The price prommise is not done on special offer prices.

Only on rrp prices.

bull

bull

Hmmm.......now I wonder what is sitting outside of BnQ Liffey Valley,sitting out back in their gardening/outdoor sections and also sitting in the building materials section and outdoor section of BnQ Airside.

Because they do look like 4 inch solids and 9 inch breeze blocks to me.Oh and "half solid block" too

I wonder what you call them then????

PS-How did the fence painting go???

Price promise is on any other retailer in Ireland, needs to be on comparable products that need to be in stock in other retailer and that's it...pretty straightforward if you ask me

Price promise is on any other retailer in Ireland, needs to be on comparable products that need to be in stock in other retailer and that's it...pretty straightforward if you ask me

I think there also a distance related catch too,I think its a 10km distance from what I remember.

PS-How did the fence painting go???

2 tubs, cost €18
    would have only been €12 in the builders providers :p

2 tubs, cost €18
    would have only been €12 in the builders providers :p

Yep,they cost 7 euro 50 cents for a 6 litre tub in Chadwicks,Heiton Buckleys and SBS.

And you went and paid 9 euro for the same 6 litre tub in Woodies.

Well done indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Not in Airside they dont.Not there last week or this week either.I checked in person and with management too..

Paddy you really should go to Specsavers!!!
    Inside the door at Airside B&Q there are tins of WHITE and other colour Dulux Weather Shield . It is also in the paint section.
    Maybe they hide it when they see you coming ?. The store manager must be telling you porkies as well if he says they haven’t got it in stock.:D
    Saw it myself Sat. morning.

AleoN

AleoN wrote: »
    Paddy you really should go to Specsavers!!!
    Inside the door at Airside B&Q there are tins of WHITE and other colour Dulux Weather Shield . It is also in the paint section.
    Maybe they hide it when they see you coming ?. The store manager must be telling you porkies as well if he says they haven’t got it in stock.:D
    Saw it myself Sat. morning.

AleoN

They were not there 2 weeks ago,as was originaly posted.At the time,I checked in-store and also asked the manager and they only had the normal 10 litre tubs of it (shop assistant showed me them).

And If you looked at my other subsiquent posts,you would have read and seen what I have since posted.

Regards.

Yep,they cost 7 euro 50 cents for a 6 litre tub in Chadwicks,Heiton Buckleys and SBS.

And you went and paid 9 euro for the same 6 litre tub in Woodies.

Well done indeed.

:eek:Excuse Me!
    They were 5 litres

• Advertisement

:eek:Excuse Me!
    They were 5 litres

Builders Providers sell 5 litre tubs with 20% extra free (so 6 litres in total) for 7 euro 50 cents.

And you paid 9 euro in Woodies (..."theres no better buy in diy"...me hole :rolleyes:...) for only 5 litres.

Ouch indeed then.

Hope the fence painting went well though?

Regards.

Advertisement