Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 30th March 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Feel sorry for this poor lad and his family but God why is this taking such a long time to tell especially when there is no outcome to the story! or closure at the minute! That poor lad doesn't look like he is anywhere near over it yet! poor fella! could we move on now though!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Skid wrote: »
    Anyone who stays watching until the bitter end tonight gets a medal for commitment to the cause.

I suppose the treat on RTE after the news is watching Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

M cebee wrote: »
    gonna have a big weekend
    I saved a packet not payin the household charge
    Dear M cebee,

I have recently been appointed by the Dept of the Environment to collect the Household charge door-to-door. Unfortunately you were out when I called. Please lodge the sum of €100 (sterling and dollars also acceptable) into my account.

Yours,

Bertie Ahern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

murpho999 wrote: »
    No, he' just from "Norn Iron"

Nah he is a wee bit on the slow side imo. He has suffered some damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I suppose the treat on RTE after the news is watching Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.
    Is that a good film?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

M cebee wrote: »
    gonna have a big weekend
    I saved a packet not payin the household charge

You can get 12 cans of Bud for €12 in Supervalu at the moment. Buy yourself 100 cans and tell Big Phil to feck off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Tubridy doesn't even have the decency to look at his guests when they are speaking. The camera man will be getting his P45 in the morning for showing Ryan not being able to do anything without his cue cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The Americans are considering this taping of the Late Late show as an alternative to waterboarding when torturing Guantanemo suspects

They'd spill if they had to face Tubs across the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Poor guy, unfortunate accident, sincerely mean that.

But I'm bored already, after two minutes, more to do with the show than these guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Probably just trying to remind people of what happened in the hope that people will donate in helping him pay the medical bills,the GAA has done alot of great things in this country but sometimes it can turn its back on people when something like this happens

http://www.support4markmcgovern.com/_/Welcome.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nice supportive words from his doctor there. How much is his treatment costing him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You'd have to wonder about the people that actually GO to the live show, all the same.. I mean, did all the people in the audience tonight expect a night of entertainment, or a night of nobody's with their morbid stories... It's really an awful night out..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

telekon wrote: »
    Tubridy doesn't even have the decency to look at his guests when they are speaking. The camera man will be getting his P45 in the morning for showing Ryan not being able to do anything without his cue cards.

Sorry , but I have to defend him here. Completely normal behaviour on a TV show, listening to cues, director in ear etc.

Seen it loads of times, especially on live news interviews where the are not looking at guest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

It seems it was a accident to me:confused:

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Is that a good film?

I haven't seen it at all. I suppose you've never seen it either.

Either see that or see American Dad at midnight on 3e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

That poor bloke is fubared

Probably just trying to remind people of what happened in the hope that people will donate in helping him pay the medical bills,the GAA has done alot of great things in this country but sometimes it can turn its back on people when something like this happens

http://www.support4markmcgovern.com/_/Welcome.html

Explains a lot tbh. saying that I would not be against giving a small donation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

You'd have to wonder about the people that actually GO to the live show, all the same.. I mean, did all the people in the audience tonight expect a night of entertainment, or a night of nobody's with their morbid stories... It's really an awful night out..

The hope that they might get a decent 'one for everybody in the audience' is the only reason people don't walk out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I wish the guy well, but that was a dreadful excuse for entertainment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

One of the photos show the sheer determination in his eyes, but I think that this interview has gone on too long, even though he seems relaxed, its a lot of pressure to be interviewed for this long on live television. Fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Shut up liberty eejit :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I can't help thinking that there must have been a way of directing that interview that would have made it an interesting, compelling story - not sure who's at fault, but by Jebus, they made a hames of it. They did that poor fella no justice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

murpho999 wrote: »
    telekon wrote: »

Sorry , but I have to defend him here. Completely normal behaviour on a TV show, listening to cues, director in ear etc.

Seen it loads of times, especially on live news interviews where the are not looking at guest.

Not necessarily. I remember gaybo was on 'tubridy tonight' and was scathing about his use of cue cards, saying it showed a lack of preparation. It was actually quite funny...

TG4 are late with their Western tonight, 'Gunfight at the OK Corral' is starting in a few minutes.

Watch out for them Clantons, Wyatt !

I would walk out and go to the pub if I was there, boring show. The late late is not entertaining any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭sheeper

GAA would want to have a look at themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Hello, only in from a match so am i lucky for missing the show tonight or has it being surprisingly good. I think i know the answer though. ;)

Who's up next??

Skid wrote: »
    TG4 are late with their Western tonight, 'Gunfight at the OK Corral' is starting in a few minutes.

Watch out for them Clantons, Wyatt !

I'm watching this, I love westerns.

Best of luck to that fella; But that interview was pure muck from the LLS.

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    That poor bloke is fubared

Looks like he is making a damn good recovery to me.

Advertisement