Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL 2012 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Ganguly wastes too many balls at the top and leaves Steve Smith too much to do at the end......that's been the story of Pune Warriors IPL so far

What will all the IPL bashers in the English media have to say about this?....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2012/content/current/story/563445.html

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Great finish to the Kings XI Punjab at Bangalore game. Punjab needed 6 from 12 and absolutely self destruced, had 3 crazy run outs in the next over, 2 of them in particular were absolute madness. Eventually Punjab needed 2 from 2 and Bangalore pushed everyone in the field up but the Punjab batter smashed a six straigth down the ground.

Also Chris Gayle was unreal again. He hit a 6 that cleared the stadium, straight out of the stadium. Ridiculous.

A chance for Dada to win a match for Pune today?......62 neeðed off 46 against the Mumbai Indians

Another thriller today...with so many last over finishes this year's IPL has been the best so far:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Great Bowling won it for Mumbai

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

combined with bad batting from Ganguly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i hope deccers win tomorrow, fat chance but one can hope

booth70 wrote: »
    What will all the IPL bashers in the English media have to say about this?....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2012/content/current/story/563445.html

I think it would be great, but I think there is to many purest in power that will stop it. I have a very good friend (Irish) who has being to three world cups but thinks the IPL is not cricket, he says its a circus, so imagine what the powers to be in England would say.

B1gft wrote: »
    I think it would be great, but I think there is to many purest in power that will stop it. I have a very good friend (Irish) who has being to three world cups but thinks the IPL is not cricket, he says its a circus, so imagine what the powers to be in England would say.

When the IPL started many said it wouldn't last more than a couple of years!....Ponting and Ganguly in KKR team just 2 months after the 'monkeygate' series of 2008.....Clarke and Ganguly batting together the other night for Pune!!.....Bhajji and Symo in the same team last year!!....KP and Sehwag whacking the ball all over the place the other night against the Royals...the list is endless.....it makes for fascinating cricket and if it is a circus so be it !!

Personally , I think it (that is an English Premier League along the lines of the IPL) will happen pretty soon now that the players association want it

I can't see why T20 and Test cricket cannot co-exist - even in England - after all they invented T20 and the ECB once went crawling to the likes of Stanford!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Daniel Christian must be the most overrated all rounder I have ever seen in 20/20, he may have bowled tidily for once today but for someone who is supposed to be a good all rounder and you would assume he is when you consider his insane price tag, he can't bat for toffee. Amount of times he has failed for them at the death is ridiculous.

If roles had been reversed and chennai needed 20 of the last over and he was bowling, well Deccan would have been ****ed!

whats happened to sangakara as well?
    and why doesnt he keep?

Placebo wrote: »
    whats happened to sangakara as well?
    and why doesnt he keep?

Kumar's slump so far has been awful hasn't it? Parthiv is India's second choice keeper with lots of experience so I suppose he trusts him. Although judging from anything I have seen in this IPL and his few appearances from India, I'm not hugely impressed. :pac:

Actually just looked at the scoreboard, Christian went for nearly 9 an over and his 1 wicket that Dhoni somehow missed. Earned his money today!

Duminy should be in the side but its to late now isn't it?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Daniel Christian must be the most overrated all rounder I have ever seen in 20/20, he may have bowled tidily for once today but for someone who is supposed to be a good all rounder and you would assume he is when you consider his insane price tag, he can't bat for toffee. Amount of times he has failed for them at the death is ridiculous.

If roles had been reversed and chennai needed 20 of the last over and he was bowling, well Deccan would have been ****ed!

Totally agree.....Dan Christian's rubbish......another over-rated overseas player who somehow attracts millions from a franchise (no doubt) influenced by his fellow Australian coach!

Did he not get creamed for about 21 in the last over by Rohit Sharma the other night against the Mumbai Indians after Steyn had bowled an exceptional 19th over to keep DC in the game

The other guy who has been rubbish all tournament is Ganguly.....he should resign as Pune captain NOW....when he still has some dignity left!....he's probably going to prove me wrong today but I can't see that happening!! :)

Wot an atmosphere at Kolkata.....home of Dada and the noise level went up when he took that catch.....can he make some runs today!

Nice to see Morgs today..warming the bench as usual for KKR!

booth70 wrote: »
    The other guy who has been rubbish all tournament is Ganguly.....he should resign as Pune captain NOW....when he still has some dignity left!....he's probably going to prove me wrong today but I can't see that happening!! :)

Come on Dada:)

Yusuf Pathan is awful these days, probably a worse all rounder than Dan Christian and he cost twice the money:eek::eek:

That's the first time I have seen this fella Sunil Narine bowl and all I can say is ....WOW!

What a buy for KKR

Narine is not bad is he?:pac:

Shame he is not playing the England tests when you consider how clueless England can look against quality spinners.:(

• Advertisement

This year's IPL just keeps getting better and better.....what a finish today!:)

great match earlier
    now watching Deccan Chargers

but only because of Gayatri Reddy
    gayatri-reddy-orhan-abbas-2012-3-28-9-30-4.jpgGayathri%2Bhot.jpg

FOX, two players in Deccans called Reddy too, relations !?

The most painful thing about watching the IPL is listening to the morons in the ITV4 studio at the fall of every wicket:mad::mad:......I have the mute button on the remote at the ready mind you at the fall of each wicket......thank goodness for that!

No such problems on Setanta:)

WTF just happened......I thought I had seen everything in cricket.....then I just saw AB take Steyn apart tonight......MAGIC

yeah, shocking end. Thought the chargers had it, Hate itv talking over with their own views ! idiots ! watching it online from now on

Ab was lucky, Christian would have bowled him if he was playing:pac:

Seriously though, sensational innings from AB, one of the best I seen this year, Steyn destroyed.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

With Gayle and AB de it feels like we can chase down any total. Murali was class and we should strike some balance. At the moment our bowling is very poor and we have excellent headache between Vettori and Murali.

Deccan are awful and seriously man up Kumar and open or bat at number 3 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Chris Gayle is too good, what a player, this new Gayle who takes time before playing his shots is even more dangerous than the one who played from ball 1.

Good to see Kohli playing good innings, we need him to be back in form as apart from Gayle, AB Delivers I dont have faith in other players (Apart from Kohli and to an extent Dilshan).

• Advertisement

Why oh Why is Franklin opening the batting for Mumbai?

Advertisement