Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JD's

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Fried potatoes.

I remember having a heated debate about the contents of an Irish Breakfast, the addition of beans, mushrooms & hash browns led to manies the varying opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

JD's reopening in a few weeks!!! I heard who was opening it but maybe should not say as he is well known!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Who?

Heard the g has closed down.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

maiden wrote: »
    JD's reopening in a few weeks!!! I heard who was opening it but maybe should not say as he is well known!!
    Who? You have me intrigued

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Well known in Ennis or actually 'well known';)

• Advertisement

babygirlz wrote: »

Well known in Ennis or actually 'well known';)

Ha ha well known around town! I think I can say it as he has gone on a fb site asking for staff, seemingly the new name is Todds coffee house!

Can an admin advise please? Whether I can say name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Who?

Heard the g has closed down.... :(

I'd say so, the sign says they were opening 2 weeks ago after 'renovations'. I always wondered how it could stay in business when it was so out of the way, didn't realise the food was so good and now will never get a chance to check it out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I can't see why you can't name the person if they are posting on the facebook page, maybe throw up a link to the page as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

The suspense is killing me :rolleyes:

Ger Sweeney formerly of Clare FM

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ennis-Regular-Jobs-for-Regular-People/330255973690694

I reckon its being called Todds, as in Sweeney Todd???????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

We are truly blessed. When I heard celebrity I was excited but this is absolutely massive news for the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

I won a mug on his breakfast show on ClareFM many many moons ago, that is all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Just in town looking for somewhere to have breakfast.
    We found the market open. full irish=5.95
    We had to wait about 10-12 minutes because the whole thing was cooked from fresh. It really was good.
    I have found a new regular breakfast spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Had my first fry of 2012 in Cafe Aroma yesterday,cost €8.50 and it didn't disappoint. Will definitely be back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I used to always go to JD's when I'd be in town doing the shopping, my new spot is Cafe Aroma now. Lovely staff, nice decor and nice food, and very good prices. I got poached eggs there and they came on top of fried potatoes, was yummy :)

The Sherwood is another spot I go to sometimes. Mostly for dinners though, nicest dinners in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Any news on Sweeney Todds opening? It looks deserted every day!!

There is def activity there, since 2 days ago, i heard its opening Thurs, staff are starting on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Reading back I should have said just "Todds":o
    Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

It's opened today down the road from me. Nice amount of people in there, same amount as JD's usually had.

Advertisement