Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Vouchers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭lee4892

jeckle wrote: »
    Misleading ads are rife on the internet. Whilst yours does appear genuine there is no harm in pointing out to people that if they order a 50c voucher & pay 55c for postage they won't save anything. In fact they would be down 5c. If you don't like or can't accept this fact, so be it, but it's pointless accusing others of attempting to ruin the thread by pointing this out & yes, how amusing it is.

Furthermore, the claim by you & another poster that the vouchers would save someone over €27 is also misleading, considering that they only total €14.60. How vouchers to the value of €14.60 can save someone over €27 is beyond me. The maximum that anyone could possibly save by using all these vouchers is €14.60 less €0.55 postage which is €14.05, so it's unfair to claim that they could save someone almost twice that. It simply isn't true.

I did notice this when you first started the thread, but felt that considering your intentions seemed honourable that I wouldn't. However, after reading how you are now lashing out & accusing others of being ridiculous, sad, childish, timewasters with the sole intention of ruining the thread, it's seems only fair to point out that both you & another poster are making claims that are not true as regards possible savings, despite the fact that you were kindly giving them away anyway.

It's unfortunate that you are obviously taking this whole thing so personally. If you weren't you wouldn't have felt the need to accuse others of trying to ruin it for others, when they clearly weren't, for reasons that I have outlined above.

HI,

Thanks for message. Actually I would expect that I shouldn't have to point this out :confused: I would expect people to realise that asking for one 50c coupon wouldn't save them anything?? Buy should they wish to do that, I would expect that as an adult it is up to them and not up to me to refuse that?

You are right about that value, however I did have two of each of these coupons (That's whre €27) came from and I actually offered the other set to some neighbours whom are badly in need of them. So apologies for not subtracting that from the overall total and thank you for pointing that out. I would expect you not to feel discouraged from doing so in the beginning as to me it does not seem in the least nasty or unjustified.

Actually I did not accuse anyone unjustified of tinewasting etc until I receive a barage of pm's asking for x1 50c voucher without the intention of following through on this, leading me to have my timewasted by answering these :rolleyes: To me as an adult with a full time job, studyies and children- that could be considered timewasting and immature.

I do not feel I took it personally (As already pointed out and my soft teasing replies back) but I do feel that if it where me needing the coupons, I would feel discouraged about asking for them publicly on this thread because of the immature posts left behind. And am merely pointing out as is Access that others shouldn't ruin it for these people by acting immaturely.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Can't understand why everyone finds this odd.
    If i wanted a good few vouchers or even all of them, why shouldn't i pay the 55c stamp?

Advertisement