Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Vouchers

Options
  • 28-03-2012 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi guys and gals,

Received some vouchers from Dunnes today and only two suit me so there are others available if anyone wants them? I would ask you to pay postage (by paypal) however, but will provide the envelope. Cannot meet to collect these, sorry.

Expiry on all are 31.05.12

1 voucher of each of the following available:

50c off McVities Quirk's Biscuit Range
    50c off McVities Medleys Biscuit Range
    50c Off Avonmore Heart Active 1L
    50c Off Snack a Jacks 4 Pack Range.
    60c Off Birds Eye Rice Fusions Range.
    €1 off Any Moy Park Chicken Fillets Range.
    €1 Off Donegal Catch Chunky Cod 500g (GONE)
    €1 Off Green Isle Select Roast Mediterranean Vegetables.
    €1 off Kellogg's mini max 560g (GONE)
    €1 off Kelloggs All Bran Golden Crunch (GONE)
    €2 Off Huggies Newborn Sizes 1,2 &3 (GONE)
    €5 off Nivea Visage Pure and Natural Anti-Wrinkle Day and Night (GONE)

Postage to be paid by paypal only. No collection and no SAE's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

You have to scan your card when you are presenting vouchers, would there be any problem if the codes dont 'match'?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

but what happens if you "forget" your card? it happens!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭lee4892

Guys these are not clubcard vouchers so anyone can use them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

lee4892 wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals,

Received some vouchers from Dunnes today and only two suit me so there are others available if anyone wants them? I would ask you to pay postage (by paypal) however, but will provide the envelope. Cannot meet to collect these, sorry.

Expiry on all are 31.05.12

1 voucher of each of the following available:

50c off McVities Quirk's Biscuit Range
    50c off McVities Medleys Biscuit Range
    50c Off Avonmore Heart Active 1L
    50c Off Snack a Jacks 4 Pack Range.
    60c Off Birds Eye Rice Fusions Range.
    €1 off Any Moy Park Chicken Fillets Range.
    €1 Off Donegal Catch Chunky Cod 500g
    €1 Off Green Isle Select Roast Mediterranean Vegetables.
    €1 off Kellogg's mini max 560g
    €1 off Kelloggs All Bran Golden Crunch
    €2 Off Huggies Newborn Sizes 1,2 &3
    €5 off Nivea Visage Pure and Natural Anti-Wrinkle Day and Night

Postage to be paid by paypal only. No collection and no SAE's

Can you post me the 50c off McVities Medleys please. I will send you the 55c for the stamp via Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

[
    Can you post me the 50c off McVities Medleys please. I will send you the 55c for the stamp via Paypal.[/Quote]

I don't understand this... It's actually costing you 5cent more to get the coupon. Where's the deal?

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    [
    Can you post me the 50c off McVities Medleys please. I will send you the 55c for the stamp via Paypal.

I don't understand this... It's actually costing you 5cent more to get the coupon. Where's the deal?[/QUOTE]

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wills21

I don't understand this... It's actually costing you 5cent more to get the coupon. Where's the deal?

Haha this made me laugh, also OP why won't you accept a SAE?

Yep I'll send them on. Unfortunately it is up to you to pay postage as I'm not going to be out of pocket posting to everyone. If you need them or want them you can comment, if not it is fine :). Also I will combine postage on more than one voucher for anyone.

I won't accept anything other than paypal as it is safest and easiest method of payment. I don't accept sae's as people say they'll send and then don't and it wastes not only my time but whoever truely wants the coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Yep I'll send them on. Unfortunately it is up to you to pay postage as I'm not going to be out of pocket posting to everyone. If you need them or want them you can comment, if not it is fine :). Also I will combine postage on more than one voucher for anyone.

I won't accept anything other than paypal as it is safest and easiest method of payment. I don't accept sae's as people say they'll send and then don't and it wastes not only my time but whoever truely wants the coupons.

seriously? why did you bother starting this thread

This has got to be a joke?

• Advertisement

Thats what I though and thats why I asked for the McVities Medleys for the crack.
    Could not believe the OP sent me a PM with paypal details.

Takes all sorts. I am sure the offer was in good faith, but a bit strange :)

Thats what I though and thats why I asked for the McVities Medleys for the crack.

Takes all sorts. I am sure the offer was in good faith, but a bit strange :)

I got a pm with the details too and I didnt even ask for anything :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

That was my first reaction, until I realised that April 1st isn't until Sunday.

Was waiting for someone to ask if OP would send a 50c voucher by registered post!

I bothered posting this as it may help someone who wants them. The offer is for a number of vouchers and the 55c stamp would cover all vouchers if a person so wished to have them all to use saving them over €27. Not bad for a 55c stamp. If someone wanted just one voucher that is up to them.

It is ridiculous that you bother wasting your time by commenting if you are not interested. Why bother doing that? Haha :rolleyes:

Vouchers are going quickly in any case so I guess they are of some use to most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

A very sad individual :confused:

Yes they are ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Most households received those vouchers.... People are not that desperate if you can't give them in good fate why even bother with this thread.

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Most households received those vouchers.... People are not that desperate if you can't give them in good fate why even bother with this thread.

I'm aware most household's received them otherwise they would be valueclub registered with members numbers on them. Some people are quite desperate in these times, it's nice that you're not. I wouldn't mind (As like most here who have already taken vouchers) paying postage to receive a few vouchers or all vouchers that could save me €27 or even if I had already received them and took these aswell and got €1- €10 off two of the same product :)

You'll see my message above with why exactly I bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I'm aware most household's received them otherwise they would be valueclub registered with members numbers on them. Some people are quite desperate in these times, it's nice that you're not. I wouldn't mind (As like most here who have already taken vouchers) paying postage to receive a few vouchers or all vouchers that could save me €27 or even if I had already received them and took these aswell and got €1- €10 off two of the same product :)

You'll see my message above with why exactly I bothered.

You were only trying to be nice and helpful sorry for my last post I jumped the gun :)

BluesBerry wrote: »
    You were only trying to be nice and helpful sorry for my last post I jumped the gun :)

Thank you for your nice apology :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

After reading all this thread, im disgusted at the attitude of some coupon forum users on here.

Lee basically came on here to offer €27 worth of coupons for the price of a stamp or two (via paypal - cause paypal is the easiest payment method on the net - even the dogs on the street know that!) and he has the piss taken for doing all this. If ye want the coupons just ask lee, if not... don't insult the guy and move on.

Lets be fair here lads and lassies, if ye want to pull the piss out of someone that wants to go out of their way to do a FREE favour for people on here... then there is something wrong with ye.

Access wrote: »
    After reading all this thread, im disgusted at the attitude of some coupon forum users on here.

Lee basically came on here to offer €27 worth of coupons for the price of a stamp or two (via paypal - cause paypal is the easiest payment method on the net - even the dogs on the street know that!) and he has the piss taken for doing all this. If ye want the coupons just ask lee, if not... don't insult the guy and move on.

Lets be fair here lads and lassies, if ye want to pull the piss out of someone that wants to go out of their way to do a FREE favour for people on here... then there is something wrong with ye.

Fair dues. I'm sorry Lee, I appreciate you've taken the time to do a favour for others.

Access, I don't believe I took the p*ss or insulted the guy. I asked a fair question earlier in the thread. I'm sorry however if I've offended Lee.:o

Just a minor prod- he's a she :D

Thank you for your very kind comments. It is very disheartening to find that there are some out there that do their best to ruin it for others. I did not appreciate some of the comments that came my way and did feel like I should just pull the thread and dump them, but again, as always I will stand up for the little guy and people who need them should not feel discouraged to ask for them.

I hope this thread will open some eyes out there that not everyone is as well off as some and this is mainly the reason why the couponing section was started in the first place and due to the increased amount of members following it, it is important to realise that unhealthy comments may discourage those from posting whom really need the help.

I certainly would not say a big fat NO to someone who replied and said you know what I'd really need them or some but cannot afford to pay postage. I would gladly help that person out and I think others should do the same. The economy is not as healthy as it was. €27 or even €1 means a lot more to some now than before and I would like to do my very best to help people in this situation and think it's time evryone stood up and did the same.

Thank you for the apologies and the kind comments from the above quoted, it is appreciate and I'm sure it will reflect positively on those who felt like they couldn't comment and ask for the vouchers, because of the comments above.

I could have not put that better myself lee.

This is not the first time this happened in the couponing forum though... Some new poster was on before - with not the best of english - in this forum who only asked a question and got quick grammer nazi/cheeky replys from a few members.

That poster has not been back since.

I see this happening on a constant basis on boards and it seems to be reaching even the bargain alerts section lately.

I would like to think we are not like this here?
    Just a minor prod- he's a she

My Bad!

I could have not put that better myself lee.

This is not the first time this happened in the couponing forum though... Some new poster was on before - with not the best of english - in this forum who only asked a question and got quick grammer nazi/cheeky replys from a few members.

That poster has not been back since.

I see this happening on a constant basis on boards and it seems to be reaching even the bargain alerts section lately.

I would like to think we are not like this here?

My Bad!

Well as I say quite a lot when things like this happen- we're all adults, hopefull those who like to act childish and ruin it for everyone else have learned their lesson or had a small rap on the hand :) I don't take it personally and actually think it quite funny to see such silly replies and timewasting- like water off a ducks back- but that isn't to say everyone is like that and they shouldn't be discouraged from posting.

I would like to think we can all act like adults once in a while and as we've both said-Don't want the coupons? No skin off my nose, just don't post and leave it open to those who do want/need them.

Hehe no worries, get it all the time :D

Misleading ads are rife on the internet. Whilst yours does appear genuine there is no harm in pointing out to people that if they order a 50c voucher & pay 55c for postage they won't save anything. In fact they would be down 5c. If you don't like or can't accept this fact, so be it, but it's pointless accusing others of attempting to ruin the thread by pointing this out & yes, how amusing it is.

Furthermore, the claim by you & another poster that the vouchers would save someone over €27 is also misleading, considering that they only total €14.60. How vouchers to the value of €14.60 can save someone over €27 is beyond me. The maximum that anyone could possibly save by using all these vouchers is €14.60 less €0.55 postage which is €14.05, so it's unfair to claim that they could save someone almost twice that. It simply isn't true.

I did notice this when you first started the thread, but felt that considering your intentions seemed honourable that I wouldn't. However, after reading how you are now lashing out & accusing others of being ridiculous, sad, childish, timewasters with the sole intention of ruining the thread, it's seems only fair to point out that both you & another poster are making claims that are not true as regards possible savings, despite the fact that you were kindly giving them away anyway.

It's unfortunate that you are obviously taking this whole thing so personally. If you weren't you wouldn't have felt the need to accuse others of trying to ruin it for others, when they clearly weren't, for reasons that I have outlined above.

jeckle wrote: »
    That was my first reaction, until I realised that April 1st isn't until Sunday.

Was waiting for someone to ask if OP would send a 50c voucher by registered post!

Jeckle, if the above is not pulling the piss out of another coupon forum user and being childish, then i dont know what is.

Regarding the total savings of €27 for the coupons offered by lee, i must put my hands up and say i got that € figure from lees post and didnt look/add up the total of the offered coupons. My bad.

I got that figure wrong and so did lee... but why go on about it?

The whole point here is that lee offered money off coupons for free (be it whatever value) and got a hard time for doing so is ridiculous... as i see this happening more and more on here.

No one is "lashing out" - we are just saying that its nice to be nice, especially when someone is offering something for free.

Now... back on topic please.

Access wrote:
    Jeckle, if the above is not pulling the piss out of another coupon forum user and being childish, then i dont know what is.
    That post was in direct reply to yellow hen - not to the OP. I was expressing my opinion - just as you were expressing yours in post #22. Are you implying that you & only you can express yourself?

Access wrote:
    Regarding the total savings of €27 for the coupons offered by lee, i must put my hands up and say i got that € figure from lees post and didnt look/add up the total of the offered coupons. My bad.

Yes, you stated something as a fact in an effort to back up your disgust at the contents of other poster's posts. The reality is that facts are only facts when they are true. In this case, you didn't check your facts, or you assumed that others wouldn't. Unfortunately this is something that happens all too often on the internet.

Access wrote:
    I got that figure wrong and so did lee... but why go on about it?

I did not go on about it, I mentioned it in one post & gave my reasons for mentioning it. It's not my fault you both got it wrong!

Access wrote:
    No one is "lashing out" - we are just saying that its nice to be nice, especially when someone is offering something for free.
    If posting how disgusted you are at a few posts & accusing others of being ridiculous, sad, childish, timewasters with the sole intention of ruining the thread is not lashing out, then i dont know what is.

Access wrote:
    Now... back on topic please.

Maybe you should have said that to yourself before you went off topic in post #22 and continued to do so up until now.

So, Yes.....back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Oh for God sake there is far too much snipy bitching going on in the whole consumer forum lately. It is worse than a school playground!!!!

• Advertisement

Too much for me to read there! - you win hands down.

:D:D:D

Advertisement