Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFC Playoff Picture

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The permutations are giving me a headache!
    All I know is that a win and I'm in the play offs!
    a loss and i'm out

A loss would do you if both the Bengals and Raiders lost too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG wrote: »
    A loss would do you if both the Bengals and Raiders lost too.

Come on Steelers!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will be heading to the airport in an hour or two...
    I'm going to be listening to this all the way..

I'd recommend a listen.. it has the Last of the Mohicans sounds track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I Have decided to drop my main starters for tonight. Lining the bench will be Locker, Rice, Wayne, Edwards, Finnegan, Flowers, Watt and Jackson.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I Have decided to drop my main starters for tonight. Lining the bench will be Locker, Rice, Wayne, Edwards, Finnegan, Flowers, Watt and Jackson.

This $hit just got interesting!

Edit: At leas you said it now and didnt just do it at the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

One or both Rices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Getting pumped for the Titans game

There will be a few of these tonight :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If you lose tonight and I (Cowboys) win against the Redskins tomorrow night, can I take the second seed?

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Getting pumped for the Titans game

There will be a few of these tonight :cool:

Great passing plays.. you're right there will be.. right into your end zone sucka!!!

can you mic up mike? we'll have some good banter i think

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

matthew8 wrote: »
    One or both Rices?

I think Sidney is injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Paully D wrote: »
    If you lose tonight and I (Cowboys) win against the Redskins tomorrow night, can I take the second seed?

No he's got a better conference record than you. So even if he loses he cant lose second seed.

Damn you Santry !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No he's got a better conference record than you. So even if he loses he cant lose second seed.

Damn you Santry !

Cheers.

I'll be resting my main men tomorrow then too.

Manning, Bradshaw, Ngata, Larry Fitz, Miller, Fletcher, Brown, Franklin, Idonjie and Mebane can all go on the beer tonight to celebrate making the play-offs :pac:

I presume the Colts will be resting there starters as well ? Considering they have to hope for the bronco's to slip up against the CPU Vikings ?

The Bronco's conference record is 9-2
    The Colts conference record is 7-3

Just checking :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Will be heading to the airport in an hour or two...

It's only a game

No need to skip the country, you surely can't be that frightened of my defensive line :cool:

I presume the Colts will be resting there starters as well ? Considering they have to hope for the bronco's to slip up against the CPU Vikings ?

The Bronco's conference record is 9-2
    The Colts conference record is 7-3

Just checking :pac:

Not sure yet. I suspect I'll start the game with my starters and see how things go unless I know that the Bronco's have won their game already.

In that case McFadden probably gets benched for at least half the game. Must have a look to see who else on my team is injury prone.

matthew8 wrote: »
    One or both Rices?

If Sidney Rice wasn't already injured there is no way he would be taking the field. He constantly gets broken :pac:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    It's only a game

No need to skip the country, you surely can't be that frightened of my defensive line :cool:
    I was attending a master class of Sensei John Madden!

If the Titans lose and the Raiders win . The Bills go through no matter what
    If the Titans win and the Raiders lose. The Bills go through no matter what
    If the Titans win and the Raiders win. The Bills have to win there game.

Thats right ?

If the Titans lose and the Raiders win . The Bills go through no matter what
    If the Titans win and the Raiders lose. The Bills go through no matter what
    If the Titans win and the Raiders win. The Bills have to win there game.

Thats right ?

Yep. From looking at it, as long as you are level with one of the two or both you are in. The Titans and Ravens can't both win because they play each other.

You have a better conference record than the raiders Dave so you'll go through in your third scenario

• Advertisement

You have a better conference record than the raiders Dave so you'll go through in your third scenario

Except the fact the Raiders and you would be 10-6 and he would be 9-7 :p

Well I meant if Dave won his game!

Well I meant if Dave won his game!

Now I look like an idiot :( nothing to see here....

Well you guys with double digit wins can be expected to work out the common people permutations involving single digit win ratios!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Broncos take the second seed with a win over the CPU vikes.

Tom Brady made it harder than normal to defend against a CPU side, but they didn't bother defending against me!!

I am REALLY happy with this!!:D

I can't wait to see how it plays out for the guys looking for wildcard spots. There are gonna be some damn good players missing out!

The tension....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What a fking coincidence, 2 of the teams facing wildcard spots play teams with nothing to gain and lots to lose in the last week.

daflood wrote: »
    Broncos take the second seed with a win over the CPU vikes.

Tom Brady made it harder than normal to defend against a CPU side, but they didn't bother defending against me!!

I am REALLY happy with this!!:D

I can't wait to see how it plays out for the guys looking for wildcard spots. There are gonna be some damn good players missing out!

The tension....:eek:

oh well, 3rd still means I can't meet Berty until the Conference Championship match (if I make it that far) so it doesn't change much. As long as I win my wildcard game it'll be Colts @ Broncos in the divisional round.

AFC East
    Jets 15-0 (Divisional Champions)
    Bills 9-6
    AFC North
    Bengals 8-7 (Divisional Champions)
    AFC South
    Colts 12-3 (Divisional Champions)
    Titans 10-6 (Wildcard secured)
    AFC West
    Broncos 12-3 (Divisional Champions)
    Raiders 9-6

Two games left to decide the AFC; both against the 2 Super Bowl teams from last season. Colts @ Bills, Raiders @ Packers.

Seeding:
    #1 Jets
    #2 Broncos
    #3 Colts
    #4 Bengals
    #5 Titans/Bills
    #6 Titans/Raiders

looking at the above and bearing in mind my post season record against the Titans I might be better off letting the Bills win rather than beat them and face the unknown in the Raiders. More conspiracy theories for the Raiders!

McG wrote: »

looking at the above and bearing in mind my post season record against the Titans I might be better off letting the Bills win rather than beat them and face the unknown in the Raiders. More conspiracy theories for the Raiders!

This is my year!!!

• Advertisement

This is my year!!!

In that case I better beat the Bills and avoid you until the AFC Championship match if I want to make it 4 consecutive AFC Championship match appearances.

Advertisement