Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lair Caek! 5 Layers of deliciousness! Dedicated to Mr Wolf!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ireland are playing Bosnia Herzegovina in a friendly at the Aviva before the Euros. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Ok I need suggestions: Holiday destination for the Half term (which I am assuming is the last week of Oct first of Nov). I am looking for somewhere warm, but not oppressive, things to do, but not necessarily needing to be rushed off my feet the whole time, I'd like some peace and relaxation too. HEILPS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

hdowney wrote: »
    Ok I need suggestions: Holiday destination for the Half term (which I am assuming is the last week of Oct first of Nov). I am looking for somewhere warm, but not oppressive, things to do, but not necessarily needing to be rushed off my feet the whole time, I'd like some peace and relaxation too. HEILPS!

Barcelona! Was there that time of year of year before, lovely weather, just a nice warm temperature. I've been there twice, its maybe my favourite place in Europe. Cheap enough too! Tonnes of lovely bars and cafes to relax, and parks and the beach but lots of sights too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Malta is lovely that time of year. I was there for the last week of November/first week of December a couple of years ago and it was still warm and sunny. Cheap flights too. I think it's a lovely holiday destination if it's somewhere you haven't been. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Posy wrote: »
    Malta is lovely that time of year. I was there for the last week of November/first week of December a couple of years ago and it was still warm and sunny. Cheap flights too. I think it's a lovely holiday destination if it's somewhere you haven't been. :)

I've a friend who's moved over there for work, says the weather over there now is much the same as here, but it'll be hitting 40C in August :eek:

Will have cooled down alot by October/November, but will still be warm :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bra%C8%99ov

Seriously, it's a great place ;)

really where did you find cheap flights if you don't mind me asking. i was really interested in malta but i was coming out with 500squids ish flights for two people, and i find that a bit steep tbh
    Links234 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bra%C8%99ov

Seriously, it's a great place ;)

i have no idea even where that is, off to look :D

i have no idea even where that is, off to look :D

it's in romania ;)

some of the places in romania I didn't like, but brasov was just amazing, really gorgeous medieval city. you can visit dracula's castle too, which is beautiful. :)

really where did you find cheap flights if you don't mind me asking. i was really interested in malta but i was coming out with 500squids ish flights for two people, and i find that a bit steep tbh
    I just went with Ryanair- cost about €100 return, but maybe the half term is more pricey.

Ooh, Links- Dracula's castle? Looks good!

I just went with Ryanair- cost about €100 return, but maybe the half term is more pricey.

Ooh, Links- Dracula's castle? Looks good!

yea ryanair wan't like 400 something :( looking at the algarve now???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Not in a great mood now tbh. Don't really know why.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Met Dan Abnett, Graham McNeill and Aaron Dembski-Bowden today, makes up for the sunburn :D

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Not in a great mood now tbh. Don't really know why.
    Sometimes you don't need a reason to be pissed off. :(

I am having the most fun in the pub watching Eurovision! Only delighted. And on the way to drunk. I came to tell ye to please vote Russia so I can win some dollars :D

Glad you've gotten to see it, Peach! :)

So yea we are looking to go to Albufueira (sp) end Oct/begin Nov :D Still be nice and warm, stuff be open etc. Get me some relaxin in. Now to save, got two people's flights and accom to pay for (bleedin flights are robbery!!! near 600 squids) car hire, and two dogs and three cats to put in kennels.

Just had a thunk I think I will compare costs for Portugal and Malta and see which one comes in cheaper. Portugal will be hotter (up to 35 celcius compared to 21 ish in Malta). hmm

I love planning holidays. Hope you pick somewhere lovely. :)

I love planning holidays. Hope you pick somewhere lovely. :)

I will :D I spent ages planning a hol for me and my bestie to Spain, and he bailed yesterday cos he is gonna buy a car instead :( So starting from scratch

Denny M wrote: »
    Met Dan Abnett, Graham McNeill and Aaron Dembski-Bowden today, makes up for the sunburn :D

Who are they?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Links234 wrote: »
    Who are they?

3 writers for Games Workshop, I've read loads of their Warhammer 40k books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

evening all

So sad I didn't win the money I didn't know existed this morning! Campus bar is closed now, and I've had my 3 pint limit, oddly that's all the beer my body can take to reach drunk. Trying to decide to go onto a party now or do the smart thing and go home, I hate decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

So sad I didn't win the money I didn't know existed this morning! Campus bar is closed now, and I've had my 3 pint limit, oddly that's all the beer my body can take to reach drunk. Trying to decide to go onto a party now or do the smart thing and go home, I hate decisions!

glad you had a good night peaches

Denny M wrote: »
    3 writers for Games Workshop, I've read loads of their Warhammer 40k books.

Ah :D

that's pretty cool, where did you meet them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Evening gang

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Think I'm finished with the eurovision for all time after tonight. It's a joke.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Think I'm finished with the eurovision for all time after tonight. It's a joke.
    Sure, it's always a joke! :pac:
    At least people can stop complaining about block voting from the Eastern Europeans- Sweden won so it obviously doens't have a huge impact on the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

Evening all :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Nina. *nods*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

Hey Starr :)

How are you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement