Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lair Caek! 5 Layers of deliciousness! Dedicated to Mr Wolf!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Still in a lot of pain unfortunately, also, bit icky,
    I have fracture blisters and I can feel them stinging against the cast
    . The fluid on my knees is really painful as well which I was surprised about initially, I thought it would just be there and not bother me.

Yep, got it confirmed yesterday the CBR is a category B write-off which means it can never go back on the road, significant damage to the frame, subframe and forks is what has put it off the road, they're the most important parts obviously. Other than those needing replacement at a huge cost, all the fairings and tank, radiator, bars, gear changer, pegs, all lights and indicators, screen, some engine casings, both mudguards, chain and front wheel would all need to be replaced also at a very high cost, then you have to factor in labour. All that would cost way more than a brand new bike. On top of that, the killswitch is effed up stopping us from starting the bike so there's no way of knowing what state the engine is unless it's taken out of the bike (big labour costs) or the killswitch is fixed so I've no idea if the engine is still sound or not.

I'm going to get a new Hornet 600 and get it restricted (not factory restricted) as soon as possible. Probably off my feet until about mid-June so plenty of time yet for all that.

Nasty. :( It cost me over €2,000 to repair my bike the time and it wasn't even that bad truth be told.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

9:45 pm to 6:00 am five, six days a week
    Eeeurgh- holy crap. Those are mad hours. :(

How long did ya say you will need to be in the cast for, Pixie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

That sounds quite uncomfortable to say the least :(

I know nothing about motorbikes/motors in general but that Hornet bike looks quite cool! Do they cost much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Yeah like the CBR was brand new, only bought it in October and they're still approximately €5,000 new, it'd cost well over the €5,000 to replace everything on the bike like for like.

I'm so sad. The bike had a lot of sentimental value for me. My boyfriend's dad bought it for me the week before he passed away :( I'm hoping to hold onto it, even if we end up not doing anything with it (talking of turning it into a scrambler) I want to keep it for what it means to me.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    That sounds quite uncomfortable to say the least :(

I know nothing about motorbikes/motors in general but that Hornet bike looks quite cool! Do they cost much?

I'd say you're looking at around €9,000 new but I'd be holding onto it to sit my test, which I'm hoping to do before the end of this year, hopefully there won't be any drama with my "recovery", and then keeping it for the 2 year restriction period once I get my full licence and then I'd be thinking of moving up to a 1000cc :D

• Advertisement

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Pixie :(

Will the insurance from the person that caused the accident cover the cost of the new bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Watching Jason goes to hell. It's quite gruesome in parts.

I'm too tired to go to bed. :o
    The effort of standing up, washing my teeth and face, putting my PJ's on and sorting my stuff for the morning feels like so much effort right now.
    It's going to be a busy day tomorrow so I must sleep soon or BOY, will I regret it in 8 hours!

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Pixie :(

Will the insurance from the person that caused the accident cover the cost of the new bike?

Ah no, jeez I wish!

Basically what the insurance companies are responsible for doing is putting you back in the financial position you were in before the accident. Obviously my financial position included any assets and my bike was an asset. But obviously they're going to try to depreciate the vehicle as much as possible so that they don't have to pay as much. Fortunately bike depreciation doesn't work the same way as cars (20% off as soon as you drive a car off the forecourt) but insurance companies do try to pull that. Fortunately for me, I work for a solicitor, I'm a legal PA, so I'm in quite a good position to negotiate with them or involve my boss. They're compensating me for the value of the bike in line with the current market value and fortunately the bikes are still selling at the same price I bought it for :D

At least that's one very small positive about the situation

• Advertisement

At least that's one very small positive about the situation

Yep, hopefully I'll have my new bike around the same time as I come off the crutches, fingers crossed anyway.

Right, I'm getting off my ass and going to get ready for bed. Wish me luck! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

KKkitty wrote: »
    Try Jason vs. Freddy

night Posy, hope work goes ok tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Posy wrote: »
    Right, I'm getting off my ass and going to get ready for bed. Wish me luck! :pac:
    Good luck with the sleep and work tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

KKkitty wrote: »
    Try Jason vs. Freddy
    I am feeling quite squeamish right now.

Getting ready for bed was a successful mission! Night all, see you tomorrow night I hope. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I'm sorry Wolf, I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes... but the 'Mericans must be second only to the indians in terms of jaw-droppingly godawful driving. They even make the northern irish look like saints :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Hi Solitaire :) not seen you around in a while... hope all is well x

Morning lairlings...
    Am in bed, with a banging headache, all self inflicted so my own fault. Think I need to go bac to sleep....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

Do it! I took my first nap in several months today. It was great, I forgot how nice it is to have NOTHING to do for a few days...
    I might even get drunk tonight and then take another nap tomorrow.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Naps ruin my eventual night of sleep.

Anyway tis too early for me to be posting in here. See ye all about 23:45

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I slept on and off for about 13 hours, I'm some waster!

No plans for tonight :( Its a holiday weekend here and everyone is off at weddings and important things I feel.

I have such an urge to bake a cake, but I have only myself to eat it O_O

....fine, I'll help you eat it :rolleyes: :p

Come on over! It's only like a 16 hour journey!

Tell me first, is your baking worth it?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I think I'm gonna make Rocky Road... We should have a party!! :D

How is the study going Lee? :P

That would be awesome :)

To be honest, it's not, I think I am now a sloth :p

I'll bake my specialty, peach cobbler! No pun intended, been baking it years.

It is beyond delicious, I can get you testimony!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

To be honest, it's not, I think I am now a sloth :p

Sloths don't eat Rocky Road!! :D

• Advertisement

Damn, outsmarted once again! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement