Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clocks forward tonight at 1.00am?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

condra wrote: »
    what time is it now?

2.13am

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Posting from 12 hours in the future, nothing interesting has happened.
    it's 14.12 here...

You're in three timezones as well, remarkable! What's NP though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That's my sundial fucked now for the next six months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Yeah kind of confusing here I clocks say one time my comp and tele says another, weird,, if I can replicate this I could win the euromillions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

LordSutch wrote: »
    Just about to do a sweep of all our clocks, and its amazing just how many start to appear once you go on a mission to change them all . . .

Two watches, two car clocks, the microwave clock, the cooker clock, the old VCR clock, the new Sat box X 2, two Television Clocks, three wall clocks + two alarm clocks, the phone clock, the central heating timer, the immersion timer, the camcorder clock, moblile phone clocks, PC clock. laptop clock, HiFi radio clock, the DAB radio clock, the list is long in some houses!

There might even be more, but I can't think of them right now.

I'm amazed that you still have a VCR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

so its just going 3am right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

its 2:08 here i wont chage until i wake up tomorrw with a hangover, im after quiet a few cans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

duckysauce wrote: »
    :D

My laptop did my phone didnt thank god its still 2:10 for me tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Ah shíte, was all pleased with myself there for a moment, thinking I got more work done than expected (self employed, and catching up with stuff late into the night).

what was the past like?

• Advertisement

what was the past like?

Full of afros

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Guys, don't make fun of the OP. As if your time machine is better than his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Are there time zones in the oceans? What time is it in the middle of the Atlantic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

44leto wrote: »
    Yeah kind of confusing here I clocks say one time my comp and tele says another, weird,, if I can replicate this I could win the euromillions.
    Get one of these clocks and all will be the same, I have them everywhere, only copped the time their a min ago and was wondering where the night went, forgot about the hour on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Are there time zones in the oceans? What time is it in the middle of the Atlantic?
    Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I went forward and it was a cannibal apocalypse, which time machine company are you using?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm having a meltdown at the moment, I can't tell time, did the clocks go forward or back??

I'm having a meltdown at the moment, I can't tell time, did the clocks go forward or back??

They went sideways, hipster clocks

They went sideways, hipster clocks

Cool, I'm down with that, but what way do I turn my time piece? Sideways ain't working..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Cool, I'm down with that, but what way do I turn my time piece? Sideways ain't working..

Turn the left side of your clock topways. Topways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Spring forward.....Fall back.

If you didn't put your clock forward.........it's now 03:12, if you did it's 04:12.

keith16 wrote: »
    Turn the left side of your clock topways. Topways.

Cheers Keith, think I have it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Feels like time is slipping away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

amacachi wrote: »
    Feels like time is slipping away.

Topways

You ain't hip enough, the clock chooses you

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

You're in three timezones as well, remarkable! What's NP though?

no, just the one. NP is where I live, NI is where NP is and NZ is the country

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

3 hours behind Ireland
    http://www.worldtimezone.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What am I doing up at this ungodly hour!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Therefore, (and this is the crux) though we are on the same time as BST we are not on BST, anymore than we are on CET which is also GMT+1, (with the countries usually on that time moving to CEST [Central European Summer Time]), nor as some people mistakenly call IST, Irish Summer Time, as IST is still our official standard time.

Thats all very well (and very complicated) but local names aside, we are to all intents now running on GMT+ 1 hour (BST), as my radio controlled clock will testify to! All the Radio Controlled (Atomic Clocks) in the Republic run off the signal from Anthorne in Cumbria, and once the signal is received here it remains GMT+ 1 hour (BST). The Irish Government may have renamed it 'Irish summer Time' in 1968, but time is really set in Greenwich for these islands, + one hour in the summer time (thanks to Scotland I think)???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Kamjana wrote: »
    How did my phone and laptop know how to change the hour?
    There was some magic pixies that came along in the night and changed the settings for you.

Advertisement