Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juvenile Members in GC - How welcome are they?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Redzah wrote: »
    Dtoffee with the click of a button you've attempted to turn a light hearted comment into a racist or offensive slur. German culture is more regimented and disciplined than Irish culture and this is a fact and I prefer irish culture, others prefer german culture, no big deal. This is in no way racist. You are misconstrueing my words to discredit me and attempting to paint me as a racist.

There was absolutely no need for your comment on this matter when u said i've put down a whole race and it was purely posted to cause trouble and paint me as a racist. Furthermore, my comments were addressing juvenille golfers and your comment was completely off topic and provided no benefit whatsoever to the debate and was only to cause trouble.

If you wish to discuss this any further then PM me as all you have done by your comment is taken this thread off topic and accused a fellow boards member (me) of racism. Completely out of order!!! :mad: :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry Redzah - don't mean to undermine your post.

But Jaysuuus , I wish we were German theses days.

"Sprecken sie gaeilge". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

An on topic post on a situation I know of:

A young cousin of mine started playing in a club when he was 12, he was quite small and could only hit the ball about 120 yards off the tee, now the club improved the Juvenile setup and had Juveniles competitions off Juvenile tee's etc and the number of Juvenile members grew quite quickly. He got his GUI handicap of 27 but never really played to it.

Sadly that club closed 2 years later after it went into Liquidation, so my cousin joined the local club that I am a member of, there was a sum of money left in the Juvenile committee’s account of the previous club and they bought lessons for the former members of it to use the money up. The cousin was now 14 and had grown about 12 inches since he first got his handicap and was no able to hit the ball about 180 yards.

To cut a long story short he improved greatly over the year and won a few competitions along with several top 5 finishes so ended up winning golfer of the year and been cut 7 shots to 20 but instead of encouraging him the committee brought in a rule that no Juvenile could win golfer of the year again.

Now the thing that annoys me is most members I have spoken to say that’s correct because he doesn’t pay the same membership as adults but it’s a members club so the subs money goes to the private company, the only money that any member pays to the men’s club who run the competitions is the weekly competition fee which is the same for Juveniles and Adults.

The cousin who is now 15 and almost 6ft tall and has attended several coaching camps won again at the weekend and many members are complaining, the thing that annoys me is the club is full of bandits who mind their handicap all year round to try and win the captains prize but when a young golfer spends a lot of time and his parents money on lessons and coaching camps and is trying to get his handicap down they all moan.

Advertisement