Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new iPad (3 Gen) now available on Apple.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pete.g

I ordered a 64gb wifi on monday. UPS tracking says i will get it today :)
    Thats a great service - wasn't expecting it for 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Mine just arrived via UPS. Still have my iPad 2 so gonna compare them like for like and see how the screens differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

DubDJ wrote: »
    Mine just arrived via UPS. Still have my iPad 2 so gonna compare them like for like and see how the screens differ.

Screen is definitely warmer than previous versions.

Dont read about the yellow hue issue online or you`ll be examining your screen for hours on end for imperfections. :D

adox wrote: »
    Screen is definitely warmer than previous versions.

Dont read about the yellow hue issue online or you`ll be examining your screen for hours on end for imperfections. :D

I'm gonna be honest. If someone held the iPad 2 and new iPad in front of me and asked which was the new model I couldn't tell. I have my old iPad restored to factory settings so haven't checked the actual apps or anything yet. But so far i'm not blown away screen wise. Which i'm a little disappointed with.

EDIT: Actually now i've started it up and been on the Apple site using it. Although the speed seems very similar I can notice the Resolution differences. The iPad 2 hasn't got the smooth edges around images and text that the new one has. On close inspection you can tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm gonna be honest. If someone held the iPad 2 and new iPad in front of me and asked which was the new model I couldn't tell. I have my old iPad restored to factory settings so haven't checked the actual apps or anything yet. But so far i'm not blown away screen wise. Which i'm a little disappointed with.

EDIT: Actually now i've started it up and been on the Apple site using it. Although the speed seems very similar I can notice the Resolution differences. The iPad 2 hasn't got the smooth edges around images and text that the new one has. On close inspection you can tell the difference.

Take a look at the iTune trailers section, I believe they are optimized in HD for the new iPad. Great for showing off your new iPad.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/

Reading text is also a great test, as it appears so much clearer than the iPad2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Ordered my 32GB wifi last Sunday afternoon and received this afternoon. Great service from Apple. Love my new iPad. Think Im getting iPad shoulder though:D

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Take a look at the iTune trailers section, I believe they are optimized in HD for the new iPad. Great for showing off your new iPad.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/

Reading text is also a great test, as it appears so much clearer than the iPad2

Yeah for me the text really is the giveaway. You can just see how crisp and clear it is. A lot more colour in the screen as well. I'll look forward to a bit of reading now to see if I can notice the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding the shipment of my IPad 3. Ordered it last Monday and got a proposed shipping date somewhere between the 6th April and the 12th April. So far so good.

Email arrives from Apple with the delivery details and the UPS tracking details. Been keeping an eye on it ever since. Now this is where it gets a bit strange. It shipped from Tamworth UK on the 30th March, arrived Castle Donnington UK and departed Castle Donnington on the 30th March. It was then shipped to Koeln in Germany where it's sitting at the moment. UPS is telling me it's gonna arrive by tomorrow?

So for an IPad bought on Apple.ie, it ships from the UK to Germany and then to Ireland?

Is this normal.

Cheers

DC

Shipment Progress
    What's this?
    Location Date Local Time Activity
    Koeln, Germany 31/03/2012 0:39 Arrival Scan
    Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 30/03/2012 22:24 Departure Scan
    30/03/2012 21:09 Arrival Scan
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 30/03/2012 21:00 Departure Scan
    30/03/2012 18:32 Origin Scan
    United Kingdom 29/03/2012 8:09 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding the shipment of my IPad 3. Ordered it last Monday and got a proposed shipping date somewhere between the 6th April and the 12th April. So far so good.

Email arrives from Apple with the delivery details and the UPS tracking details. Been keeping an eye on it ever since. Now this is where it gets a bit strange. It shipped from Tamworth UK on the 30th March, arrived Castle Donnington UK and departed Castle Donnington on the 30th March. It was then shipped to Koeln in Germany where it's sitting at the moment. UPS is telling me it's gonna arrive by tomorrow?

So for an IPad bought on Apple.ie, it ships from the UK to Germany and then to Ireland?

Is this normal.

Cheers

DC

Shipment Progress
    What's this?
    Location Date Local Time Activity
    Koeln, Germany 31/03/2012 0:39 Arrival Scan
    Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 30/03/2012 22:24 Departure Scan
    30/03/2012 21:09 Arrival Scan
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 30/03/2012 21:00 Departure Scan
    30/03/2012 18:32 Origin Scan
    United Kingdom 29/03/2012 8:09 Order Processed: Ready for UPS
    Used to be that it shipped to Tamworth, and then to here, but I ordered an Apple TV recently, and it went the Koeln route instead. It didn't make sense to me either, but it did arrive in Dublin, and get to me, the next day, so I'd expect you to get it tomorrow even if they did send it the ar$eways route.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, the German thing is odd, but I presume it's just part of UPS's way of being efficient internally or maybe it's a hub. There was a strike last week (airport, not UPS), so mine was delayed by a day, nothing to worry about. If you check in the morning and it says it has arrived Dublin at 5am or something you'll probably get it tomorrow alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Black Oil wrote: »
    Yeah, the German thing is odd, but I presume it's just part of UPS's way of being efficient internally or maybe it's a hub. There was a strike last week (airport, not UPS), so mine was delayed by a day, nothing to worry about. If you check in the morning and it says it has arrived Dublin at 5am or something you'll probably get it tomorrow alright.

Cologne is the major Euopean Hub for UPS. There probably isn't enough traffic to go back and forward directly to the UK any more, so they'll move everything via Germany.

All the stuff i've ordered in the past has came from Tamworth straight to Dublin. But when I oreded the Apple TV3 it went from there to Germany but it did arrive the next day like UPS says. Then again with my new iPad it shipped the same route and arrive the next day. So i'd expect you'll get it just like it says.

Apple maybe have changed the shipping route?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Boscoirl wrote: »
    going to America tomorrow, thinking of going straight to an Apple store once I get off the plane :D

Didn't go straight to the store, went a few days before I came home, stock of the new iPad seemed to have dried up in NYC, tried a good few stores, ended up buying an iPad 2 16GB wifi in the Apple store in Grand Central Station(what a surreal set up) very happy with it. worked out @ €379 with a smart cover, happy with that.

the most efficient sales transaction of my life, was talking to the sales rep in the middle floor, told him what i wanted, he whips out his phone, presses a few buttons and tells me it'll be here in a min, and do I want any accessories, we stroll down to the smart covers, by the time we get there, another rep brings my ipad over to him, I pick a cover, he scans the barcodes with his phone, I give him my card, he swipes it on the back of the phone, and gets me to sign for it on the front of the phone, then goes he can print a receipt or email it to me, it automatically goes to the email address on the itunes account associated with my card. effortless.

Overall I am loving the device, dumped all the apps from my phone onto it, going to have to get rid of alot of them, as they are iphone only apps and they look crap on it. which means I'll have to rebuy the ipad versions of some, but expected that. have hardly turned on my laptop all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭chazbat1

Ordered a new iPad and a cover myself last night from apple.com - it says shipping is 1-2 weeks - sad times - I was hoping they would have them in cork and overnight it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

chazbat1 wrote: »
    Ordered a new iPad and a cover myself last night from apple.com - it says shipping is 1-2 weeks - sad times - I was hoping they would have them in cork and overnight it :D

You'll probably get it next week, they are usually quicker than they say.

I am sure they will, I am just an impatient fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I am sure they will, I am just an impatient fecker
    I ordered the new iPad last Saturday night, it said it would ship in 1-2 weeks. I got it Tuesday! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They are manufactured and shipped from China......

I knew that Whiterebel, but obviously my sarcasm font is broken....

And Johnmb that's brilliant - very quick...

I have mine engraved so may slow down the process... and before all the haters start hating - I don't care if it de-values it!

I knew that Whiterebel, but obviously my sarcasm font is broken....

And Johnmb that's brilliant - very quick...

I have mine engraved so may slow down the process... and before all the haters start hating - I don't care if it de-values it!

Ok, sorry. A lot of people do think they ship product from Cork, and are disappointed.

• Advertisement

Yeah, as far as I am aware Cork is Sales, Service and Support.

Yeah, as far as I am aware Cork is Sales, Service and Support.

European headquarters, and assembly of Power Macs. Just announced another 500 jobs there this morning.

Advertisement