Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new iPad (3 Gen) now available on Apple.ie

Options
  • 23-03-2012 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Just clicked into the store to see it's now online.

Prices are:

Wifi Only;
    16GB - €479
    32GB - €579
    64GB - €679

Wifi +4G;
    16GB - €599
    32GB - €699
    64GB - €799

Ship times of 1 - 2 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Nice one! Anyone else considering getting the bigger capacity this time due to the increase in resolution? Higher res movies/pictures etc. Think it'd help to have the extra space?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Finally got to play with mine after picking up last night. *Yum!* the screen is fantastic.

The dictation actually works very well, although when I said "To be or not to be" it wrote "BB or not to be". It did however know my wifes name (which is Korean). I suspect it is cross referencing against my 4S.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Eating breakfast and playing with mine!!! Love love love it!!!

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I thought Apple products were supposed to be the same price in all resellers? I see Argos are selling the new iPad for €20 more than Apple and the new Apple TV is €28 more than Apple. Needless to say I won't be buying from Argos!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

In two weeks I'll be travelling to UK so I'm hoping to pick an Ipad from Dixons in Dublin Airport -23%VAT rate obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Walked into PC World this morn and picked up 32GB Wifi

Its syncing now as we speak...

Lovely Jubly

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Jarren wrote: »
    In two weeks I'll be travelling to UK so I'm hoping to pick an Ipad from Dixons in Dublin Airport -23%VAT rate obviously.

I'm probably being dense here but don't you pay the normal VAT rate included price these days for travel within the EU, "duty free" being a thing of the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I'm probably being dense here but don't you pay the normal VAT rate included price these days for travel within the EU, "duty free" being a thing of the past.

nope you are right. i got my last ipad there.. think it was about a tenner cheaper than retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Got mine from PC World Naas in the end, no need to wait 1-2 weeks. :pac:

Anyone with an iPad 2. Have you noticed the blues on the new one are darker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

LFCFan wrote: »
    I thought Apple products were supposed to be the same price in all resellers? I see Argos are selling the new iPad for €20 more than Apple and the new Apple TV is €28 more than Apple. Needless to say I won't be buying from Argos!!

where dyou see argos.ie price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

nope you are right. i got my last ipad there.. think it was about a tenner cheaper than retail.

I got the 32gb wifi at the airport this morning, it was €549 so a nice bit cheaper than high street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

LFCFan wrote: »

where dyou see argos.ie price?

Argos always seem to do this. But yes, they are 20 euro dearer than others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

Ordered my 32g wifi + accessories on apple store on Friday Morning, I wonder how long before it actually arrives, hopefully before they said (5th - 16th April).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 abeere

Same position as you nhg, says items are being processed, but considering canceling if nothing is updated tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

abeere wrote: »
    Same position as you nhg, says items are being processed, but considering canceling if nothing is updated tomorrow.

I ordered a 64GB one on Saturday. From previous stuff i've ordered from Apple usually it'll arrive on the second week rather than shipping on the second week. So you could possibly have it for the 6th of April if lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 abeere

That is pretty poor in my opinion, I would have thought that since they lack an official retail store in Ireland, their online store could make up for it.

Going to cancel and purchase one from an authorized seller. CompuB seem to be doing very well in their absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

I ordered my 64 Gig Wifi/4G very early friday morning too and no update mad the way you can buy in a shop but have to wait 1-2 weeks for it to ship online, (-: here's hoping we hear good news soon.

That is pretty poor in my opinion, I would have thought that since they lack an official retail store in Ireland, their online store could make up for it.

Going to cancel and purchase one from an authorized seller. CompuB seem to be doing very well in their absence.

Sounds like a shill to me...

CompuB don't really know their arse from their elbow, I've friends who have had bad experiences with them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Apple wasn't expecting so many Web orders in the US which means their store is backlogged world wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Ordered last Friday with expected delivery 1 - 2 weeks. Just received a shipment notification email a few mins ago. Delivers on or before the 29th. Delighted.

Apple have really nailed the whole manufacturing process this time around.

• Advertisement

Same here, got notification as well.

Delighted now that I ordered on apple.ie as I had a message on my phone today from HMV that they only got in 16g and when they get in the 32's they'd let me know but they had iPad2 reduced at the minute if I was interested!

Update: Delivery date updated to today the 28th..... well done apple and TNT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Ordered my ipad 32gb wifi version off the apple.ie store Sunday afternoon and has just shipped. Can't wait to get it (plus it beats the "2 - 4 week restocking" estimate I got in pcworld:D).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

Mine is in the Dublin warehouse, I live in Limerick. Hope to get it today or tomorrow...

Mine just got delivered, looking forward to later today when I can play around with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Mariotr87

When did yours ship? I am still unable to track mine even though it says it's shipped, probably not picked up yet by TNT

martin_g wrote: »
    Mariotr87

When did yours ship? I am still unable to track mine even though it says it's shipped, probably not picked up yet by TNT

I got the shipment notification yesterday at 19:10, that was pretty darn fast!
    I was able to start tracking the package pretty much since they sent me the email, are you sure you are doing it properly? You need to use the "tracking number", not the order number, and then go to http://www.tnt.com/express/en_ie/site/home.html

You have to introduce the tracking number on the right side, and make sure you try checking both options, "consignment" and "reference", sometimes works with one of them and sometimes with the other one:confused:

These are the details of my shipment:

28 Mar 2012 12:44:00 Shannon Shipment Delivered In Good Condition.
    28 Mar 2012 11:57:44 Shannon Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
    28 Mar 2012 07:40:49 Dublin Shipment Arrived In Warehouse
    27 Mar 2012 22:09:49 East Midlands Airport Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    27 Mar 2012 21:48:23 East Midlands Airport Shipment In Transit.
    27 Mar 2012 20:31:00 Nuneaton Shipment In Transit.
    27 Mar 2012 20:11:30 Nuneaton Shipment In Transit.

Btw I ordered it on Friday morning at 10 or so.

Mine arrived at 14.55 - I live in Co Kilkenny, here at work trying to get it up and running at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭grizzcol2

I ordered mine on Monday evening and just after receiving notification that it shipped as well...with a delivery before or on Friday...a week before apple.ie had told me to expect it...delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I ordered mine Saturday evening and also got my shipping notification earlier. Expected delivery date on or before the 30th but UPS has an expected date of the 29th. So getting mine tomorrow with a little luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

going to America tomorrow, thinking of going straight to an Apple store once I get off the plane :D

Advertisement