Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever alone....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

Malice wrote: »
    Not much of a friend by the sound of it.

Yeah came to that conclusion after he pulled the same act when Kylesa played a few weeks ago. Kinda kept my distance since. He was the first to tell me about Mastodon last week though so he's not totally useless. Just said nothing and purchased a ticket for myself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

if you guys feel self concious at a gig and notice me standing around you're always welcome to come over and stand by/with me.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

NIBBS wrote: »
    if you guys feel self concious at a gig and notice me standing around you're always welcome to come over and stand by/with me.......

We need a 'secret handshake' or something. Yeah, I realise the irony of suggesting a secret handshake on a public forum.....but.....um. So if you see me awkwardly hovering around the merch stand/sipping beer whilst texting/leaning against the sound engineers cubby, feel free to come up and say hi. I'm the one wearing the black tee and combats. :pac:

I'm hilariously awkward with even the remotely 'famous'. I was walking around between bands at the Suffo gig and wandered out to the smoking section (bit of air, maybe see someone I knew or get some banter going), and there was the drummer and the bassist from Cerebral Bore. I just went <cracked voice> "Awesome gigs lads....." and didn't really know what to say afterwards as they both did the equivalent of looking at their watches and going back downstairs. They did entertain me for a bit. Bless.

My other half sometimes comes with me to gigs but seeing that she's not really in to some of the bands I am, I don't want to force her to go. She did come with me to Prostitute Disfigurement (Fibbers) though and loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

We need a Boards R&M t-shirt so we can find each other at gigs. The Boards icon with some devil horns would do the job.:)

lord lucan wrote: »
    We need a Boards R&M t-shirt so we can find each other at gigs. The Boards icon with some devil horns would do the job.:)

How about this? Or this amended with some corpse paint?! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Never actually gone to a gig on my own, but it definitely wouldn't put me off. I imagine I'll be going to a lot of the more extreme gigs on my own, whenever I finally move to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

chin_grin wrote: »
    How about this? Or this amended with some corpse paint?! :pac:

it has a bit of a KKK mask, imo

Lars1916 wrote: »
    it has a bit of a KKK mask, imo

:confused:

But that's the boards logo, sans colour and with the inverted cross on it! What's KKK about that (other than the lack of the point at the top that would differentiate this from a kkk hood :rolleyes:)?

But yeah I totally see a similarity!

I would prefer to do some corpse paint on it though. It does look a little 'barren'.

chin_grin wrote: »
    :confused:

But that's the boards logo, sans colour and with the inverted cross on it! What's KKK about that? I would prefer to do some corpse paint on it though. It does look a little 'barren'.

I know, it's the Boards logo. Sorry, if my comment was offensive.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I know, it's the Boards logo. Sorry, if my comment was offensive.

It wasn't. It just says a lot more about you for spotting the likeness to a kkk hood. :pac:

Corpse paint.
    Glen Benton (lead singer of Deicide).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I think I've only ever been to a rock gig with someone else on two (2) occasions, every other time has been by myself. Nearly all the people I know simply never go to any gigs of any genre of music.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

[QUOTE=chin_grin;77809538]It wasn't. It just says a lot more about you for spotting the likeness to a kkk hood. :pac:

Corpse paint.
    Glen Benton (lead singer of Deicide).[/QUOTE]

Ah well, sometimes I even get nightmares after watching 'Mississippi Burning' ;)

But anyway, I know what corpse paint is, I consider myself being a Black Metal fan. The on, the Taake guy has, is class indeed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭S Line

I’ve been to gigs on my own and it’s no problem

When it comes to music I’m a million miles away from what my wife and mates are into. I can remember 2 gigs I attended with people that were not quite into it as much as me (once with my wife, once with 2 friends and their ladies).

Now they were only being nice and one should never spurn somebody wanting to be in your company but for me it put a small strain on being at the gig. They didn’t really know the songs and I knew they were not getting the same ‘kick’ out of gig that I did. I would have much preferred to have been on my own

I would rather rock-on on my own at gig than feeling silly because my wife doesn’t quite understand why I enjoy chanting “Iron Maiden’s gonna get you no matter how far!!!!” with both metal fingers raised proudly in the air !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I goto most gigs alone. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I usually end up bumping into randomers.

I usually end up bumping into randomers.

The loner always gets beaten in the pit :P

The loner always gets beaten in the pit :P

I actually like jumping in to the pit the odd time. I'm still quite a newb but I know my pit-iquette. I'm not an a$$hole and don't use elbows! It's just a bit of fun and I wouldn't like to injure anyone just because I'm acting like a c*nt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hate the hardcore dancing style used in pits, windmilling elbows and kicks. Cattle Decapitation said it best:

gorenotcore.jpg

I'm big into pit-etiquette.

What the **** is future though? :confused:

Advertisement