Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Like…..what’s the point in even watching at this stage. This team is just rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

It's very tough going this year

Thought we'd be better

Jones injury looks serious so we'll have no QB

Only good thing is we should have a decent draft pick

Schoen better hit on a good player

Neal looks like a bust at this stage 2 seasons in

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

It's a deep QB class this year in the draft...

Yup you'd expect a QB high this year

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Maybe with their No 1 Draft pick!!!😀 They'll get Caleb Williams!!❤️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Gilly43

How do we feel about the 2 wins on the bounce and impact on our draft position next Spring. I hate to see the Giants lose but surely snagging a QB has to be the priority now?!

Still……..any day you beat the Pats is a good day 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭PixelPlayer

It was a well earned win too. I thought they were going to blow it with the fumble and interception when they let packers run 50 yards. Always play to the whistle.

Devito is doing well, good on him.

Normal service resumed 🤨

Joe Schoen has his work cut out. O line is a turnstile….. QB clearly an issue but O line haven’t put them in a position to show their best. I trust Daboll to get the best out of a QB if they’ve got something about them…..but we need to go shopping for him. Dimes, Tyrod & 🤌 ain’t the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭PixelPlayer

Is it a good time or a bad time to play the Eagles? They've lost 3 in a row now and will be desperate not to make that 4 while at home on Christmas day. It's going to be a tough one for the Giants.

• Advertisement

Tyrod Taylor is trash

So ends another disappointing season

I like beating the Eagles but it was a pointless victory

Picking at 6 in the draft

6, 39, 47, 70, 107, 139, 184

Schoen better get a hit with that pick and not a bust like Evan Neal

Not sure where we go in the draft. We're not getting one of the top 2 qbs and with Shedeur Sanders going back to Colorado for another year I'm not sure if there's a qb3 we should be targeting.

There was rumours of us targeting a trade for Justin Fields if Chicago take Williams. But with how much better Fields has played the last few weeks it's kind of unclear what Chicago will do and how the draft dominos might fall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭boccy23

'Twas a very strange season. The injury to AT must have had a huge effect as when he was back and with some tweaks, the O-line became serviceable. But to start 2-8 after last season was an abomination and took a lot of good will with it.

The good news is that this could have spiralled and we could have had another 2 year HC cycle. At least that didn't and some of the play towards the end was reaffirming of the coaching staff and a number of key personnel.

Bobby Johnson and McGaughey gone thank f**k. We need a decent OL coach and a serviceable nay consistent ST coach. The topical talk is all about the sacks, but for me, the running game all year was a disgrace. We couldn't open a hole to save our life. Some of the 3dr/4th and short QB sneaks were embarrassing. This needs a completely new approach.

What we do with the #6 pick is anyones guess. Can't get the top 2 QBs or MHJr. The LSU pair of Daniels or Nabirs would be interesting. Not sold on Pennix but all he does is win. A year in the system behind Jones could be interesting. Move on in 2025.

Wink Martindale has resigned as DC

The new DC could be a make or break decision for Daboll

New OL coach Carmen Bricillo recruited from Raiders. Seems to come highly regarded and telling that Raiders fans disappointed in losing him. Hopefully the turnstile is closed. Whether it’s Dimes or please God a drafted QB, neither can prosper while getting the shite kicked out of them!

Wink & his wee buddies were acting like pricks…..Daboll & Schoen handled it perfectly. Will be interesting if he resurfaces in NFC East!

No franchise tag for Saquon. Looks like he’s done in NY & headed for Houston

Theres gaps all over this roster which makes me wonder how they approach the draft. Free agent QB & move trade out of 6 for more picks??

Barkley gone to Eagles apparently, 3 years, $37.75 mil

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

Not surprised really. With the state of our roster we can't be committing that kind of money to an injury prone RB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Brian Burns traded to Giants signing straight off for 5 years/$150m with $87.5m guaranteed, 2nd/5th round picks going to Carolina

My Barkley jersey is useless now

Hurts that he'll prob turn into a superstar at the Eagles

we gave up a nice amount for Burns. Hope he's worth it

What’s the consensus on the draft?

We’re not getting the QB we need at 6. Would we trade up? Mara has said he’d support Dabs & Schoen if they want a QB but I’m not sure if it’s the right thing.

FFS even if we did get a QB we’d have no one to throw it to!! Better build the support cast at this stage??

My only worry is that next years qb class looks to be a bit shallow.

I'd actually like if we traded down and maybe got an extra first round pick and maybe take a flyer on a Bo Nix or Michael Penix in the middle first round. Jones is going to be the starter going into the season anyways so at least they'd have time to sit and learn.

Or maybe just stockpile picks and go after Shedeur Sanders next year 😁

Malik Nabers it is

Big call from Schoen and Daboll

All the QBs gone now

All in on Jones

Nabers didn't seem too thrilled

Glad we didn't take any of the non-Top 3 QBs. Would rather take a proper #1 X WR and take care of the O-line. Take away the excuses and see what DJ can do. We have to pay him in 2024 anyway. This clears the path to see what we have.

Nabers, Jaylon & Wandale plus a better O-line (minus Saquon). I like the direction.

Time will tell alright

Lot of faith in Jones

Our O-line def should be better this year and you never know we may still draft some new talent there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'm happy with the Nabers pick, I think all of top 3 QBs have bust potential that giving up picks to move up for and clearly McCarthy wasn't considered to their guy despite alot talk he was going to picked at 6

• Advertisement

Really glad we didn't reach and take McCarthy. He could be good but at #6, we would have DJ situation all over again.

Could see us taking Rattler though. Would like to take OL help in Round 2.

Advertisement