Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms Re-Opening?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

dave 27 wrote: »
    totally agree man in the music sence, techno is extremely popular in limerick, even vintage dance i think everyone likes ie the likes of maniac 2000, fragma-tocas miracle, sash etc

Jaysus, if you were going to pick songs from that era would you not go for the likes of Faithless, Groove Armada, Delirium, etc. They don't make dance tunes like those anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Ahh I was only pulling ye`re leg about the Techno club, ha ha, people talking about Maniac 2000, that ain`t techno....there is loads of great dance nights around town at the moment ( Proper Dance Music) catering for people who want more than just to go somewhere and score.

The Icon is the Icon, if your 18 and want to score go there, you`ll love it.

If you wanna hear good bands, live music , international dj`s then head to Dolans, best venue in Limerick for variety and still has that feel that they give a S*** about the money you hand in over the bar and don`t treat you like cattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ibeatza

its re-opening as a Techno Club

HA go way you u messer!

if the nightclub were to reopen it would have to seriously venture miles away form the tripe that closed it down, copying the likes of anal pain and d'oil can is pointless as they have that gammy music demographic covered.

they nights that always did well in trinity rooms were big name djs but no one has money to pay for these to come every week and no one can afford to go to them every week

good local nights/ djs and wide variety of music is the key , and by variety i mean good music!with the ocasional ego maniac super dj!

themed club nights (although not my fav) are the way to go in the uk so many clubs gone down that route an doing well , and using big mags to promote nights

dave 27 wrote: »
    totally agree man in the music sence, techno is extremely popular in limerick, even vintage dance i think everyone likes ie the likes of maniac 2000, fragma-tocas miracle, sash etc

angel lane has such big potential, i love the fact that there are different floors etc, but as mentioned the music is so default and sh!t, (although saying that theres a woman dj on the top floor that whenever i asked for maniac 2000 she leaves in the cd and plays all those brilliant vintage tunes! from the late 1990s early 00s)

you are gas out! maniac 2000, sash? fo realz???????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Jaysus, if you were going to pick songs from that era would you not go for the likes of Faithless, Groove Armada, Delirium, etc. They don't make dance tunes like those anymore.

Scooter................back in the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

Maniac 2000 and vintage dance music in the same sentence....*cringe*

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

campo wrote: »
    Scooter................back in the house

Better reopen Feathery Bourkes nightclub for that

the painted cow!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

ibeatza wrote: »
    the painted cow!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^ Who in the what now??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If a decent nightclub opened where the Trinity rooms was, it would be the only decent nightclub in Limerick. :D

Maybe it is through being used to clubs in bigger cities, but Limerick nightclubs have always felt like small town clubs making out as if they were something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

It's reopening. My friend was offered a job by a barman last night when she was out. He and his brother are reopening it, they said the bar would at least be open by September.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Heard it was the Rubberbandits and there management company investing into reopening it
    Think there manager was a manager of the old club before

The longer it stays closed the less its missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

Kess73 wrote: »
    If a decent nightclub opened where the Trinity rooms was, it would be the only decent nightclub in Limerick. :D

Maybe it is through being used to clubs in bigger cities, but Limerick nightclubs have always felt like small town clubs making out as if they were something special.

That mentality applies to more than just the clubs in Limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That mentality applies to more than just the clubs in Limerick...

Oh I know that, but the thread is about a club possibly opening, so I figured I would stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

bigpink wrote: »
    Heard it was the Rubberbandits and there management company investing into reopening it
    Think there manager was a manager of the old club before

The longer it stays closed the less its missed

Isn't Joe Clarke their manager?

To be fair, Trooms did change for the worse when he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

Isn't Joe Clarke their manager?

To be fair, Trooms did change for the worse when he left.

Oh i hope this is true that its him he owned it when I started going there when i turned 18 and there was always good djs there as soon as he left the place went downhill everything about it did.. under age people everywhere making me a 21 year old at the time feel old!! i always got asked for id when he owned it ive seen people get searched and i agree with this much better I liked trinity rooms when he owned i honestly did had some of my best nights out there. really hope its Joe Clarke now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Their holding company Nighttimer Ltd appears to be trading again...

Details

Type Company
    Number 206663
    Name NIGHTIMER LIMITED
    Address THE GRANARY,
    MICHAEL STREET,
    LIMERICK.
    Registered 30/08/1993
    Status Normal

Effective date: 06/03/2012

Last AR Date 26/09/2010
    Next AR Date 26/09/2011
    Last Accounts to Date 31/12/2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Where did you find that Snipe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

It was posted up on facebook by a few people I know.

Only thing is though, the 23rd is a Monday..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

That picture has been on their Facebook page for at least a year.

another member, Ibeatza, tells me she was at this event some time ago so possibly just a photoshopped poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I was at this too!
    I believe 2012 is the name of the album or something.

I was at this too!
    I believe 2012 is the name of the album or something.

Ah that would make sense given that it says release date! Mystery solved! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kdesign

Did the staff get their redundancy pay in the end? I remember there being an issue about that when it closed. Cowboys Ted...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

*looks at poster* -> :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

*reads posts under it* -> :(:(:(:(:(

*composes self* "Yeah, totes knew it was a piss take." :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

the last time the 23rd of july fell on a friday it was 2010 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Remember the nights in early 00's being pushed out the door by Ger Fitzgerald at 3am, time up, into the little square full of people who were looking for taxis, eating hot dogs off yer man who used to hang around selling em outside, shifting, fingering, shouting, hanging off the old eircom phone box, ****, sleeping on the walls, cabs to castletroy and watching the taxis turning around, pissing, drinking bottles they snuk out, seeing people you lost inside, organising chicken hut or a petrol station for something to eat...

God I miss the boom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Trinity Rooms have updated their Facebook page:
    We are coming back... Watch this Space!

Advertisement