Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms Re-Opening?!

Options
  • 18-03-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, anyone else hear trinity rooms is to re open in september? apparently it was bought by some buisnessman who wants to open it again! anyone else have any more news on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

He'd want deep pockets saw pics of it inside recently it is stripped clean and manky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Not all of it, the coffee machine and cups and all are still exactly where they were :P

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

sioda wrote: »
    He'd want deep pockets saw pics of it inside recently it is stripped clean and manky

Why the hell would anyone gut that place?? Surely they would get a lot more money for the place if it was decked out as a club - where are those photos available??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the rats must have ate everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Wouldn't mind seeing those pics too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I heard this too though I have no idea of how true it is. I did not like the old one, so I am not going holding my breath for this either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Don't have access to them sorry folks

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

I heard it was opening alright.

Mind you, I also heard it was opening in the summer, and when the colleges came back, and for Halloween, and for my Aunt's 50th.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

I liked it when it was Doc's, they should bring that back.... together with my youth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

With Dave Hogan spinning his wheels of steel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

i also heard rats had nothing to do with them closing down, they were up to their eyes in debt, anyone could have seen that i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

its re-opening as a Techno Club

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

That just sounds awfull

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

To open a new nightclub (and especially a club during a recession), you need to be doing a lot of market research and planning! So many times in the last few years, you see businesses opening and you're able to tell how long they will last! I hope this new venture isn't just the usual rushed job that has become a common site in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

dave 27 wrote: »
    i also heard rats had nothing to do with them closing down, they were up to their eyes in debt, anyone could have seen that i suppose

Thought it was tax related.

Might as well stay closed so. I thought Techno went with the 1990s.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Probably more techno nights in town ATM than chart music, i guess your out of touch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭leakyboots

bazz26 wrote: »
    Thought it was tax related.

Might as well stay closed so. I thought Techno went with the 1990s.

Afraid you thought wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

My friend said he knows the person thats supposedly reopening it wouldnt give me a name tho, there going for late 20s crowd supposdly but we all know only people spending money on drink in this place is young people dont know how they will get a crowd in there plus what effect will it have on angel lane and icon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Id rather go to a techno club any day of the week then go to icon & angel lane cattle marts where the music is absolutely shocking..

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RadioClash

Something like Crane Lane in Cork with quality live music most of the week would have done a good trade in Limerick I reckon. Oh well, techno it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Probably more techno nights in town ATM than chart music, i guess your out of touch

Maybe but when I was in touch I never cared for the techno scene anyways. Horses for courses and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

This would be brilliant. Somewhere that caters for EDM in Limerick is badly needed. Macronite are doing a great job with their own night and the D.I.E. nights in Dolans, along with Distraction in Baker's, but they're only on a monthly basis.

My friend said he knows the person thats supposedly reopening it wouldnt give me a name tho, there going for late 20s crowd supposdly but we all know only people spending money on drink in this place is young people dont know how they will get a crowd in there plus what effect will it have on angel lane and icon?

But they've grown out of techno at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

CiaranMT wrote: »
    This would be brilliant. Somewhere that caters for EDM in Limerick is badly needed. Macronite are doing a great job with their own night and the D.I.E. nights in Dolans, along with Distraction in Baker's, but they're only on a monthly basis.

Bunga Bunga not still on every friday?
    While I welcome a new techno club over another angel lane, I'd wonder if theres enough of a market for it with whats out there already??

Id rather go to a techno club any day of the week then go to icon & angel lane cattle marts where the music is absolutely shocking..

totally agree man in the music sence, techno is extremely popular in limerick, even vintage dance i think everyone likes ie the likes of maniac 2000, fragma-tocas miracle, sash etc

angel lane has such big potential, i love the fact that there are different floors etc, but as mentioned the music is so default and sh!t, (although saying that theres a woman dj on the top floor that whenever i asked for maniac 2000 she leaves in the cd and plays all those brilliant vintage tunes! from the late 1990s early 00s)

totally agree man in the music sence, techno is extremely popular in limerick, even vintage dance i think everyone likes ie the likes of maniac 2000, fragma-tocas miracle, sash etc

angel lane has such big potential, i love the fact that there are different floors etc, but as mentioned the music is so default and sh!t, (although saying that theres a woman dj on the top floor that whenever i asked for maniac 2000 she leaves in the cd and plays all those brilliant vintage tunes! from the late 1990s early 00s)

Maniac 2000? Really:confused:

Roadend wrote: »
    Maniac 2000? Really:confused:

ooh ya! just watch the crowd reaction is all i'll say..although saying that it probably has something to do with me hearing that song in crete with about 30 other limerick lads too haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Bunga Bunga not still on every friday?
    While I welcome a new techno club over another angel lane, I'd wonder if theres enough of a market for it with whats out there already??

Had forgotten about Bunga Bunga. Not sure how often it is.

My point was that there is no club playing it consistently. Though Limerick on a night out is a dead duck at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Im not being funny but if i walked into a club and heard maniac 2000 id turn right around and get the hell outta there as fast as my legs could carry me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Michelle McMahon? Spin SW DJ?

Advertisement