Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus driver banned for going too slow?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

foggy_lad wrote: »
    So in your world of motoring it is perfectly ok for a car driver to plod along at a very slow 25-30mph pace and join the traffic on the Naas road pulling directly into the path of coaches doing up to 60mph forcing all other users to take immediate avoiding action?

Be a good lad and point out where i suggest that will you please Foggy or are you just being yourself again?

Stark wrote: »
    Lads, he's a troll, pure and simple

Based on what exactly?

Its the same old " When all else fails , call them a troll " :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Based on what exactly?

Its the same old " When all else fails , call them a troll " :)

You're a real world traffic troll:)

What you do on the road is similar really to trolling a web discussion. Continually disrupting things for everyone else due to your own self-indulgence and sense of entitlement.

You're a real world traffic troll:)

What you do on the road is similar really to trolling a web discussion. Continually disrupting things for everyone else due to your own self-indulgence and sense of entitlement.

You dont know what i do on the road so you cant comment on it .

Its not a thread called " Lets all agree " its a discussion board and you are having a pop just because i dont agree with you. Why? am i not entitled to an opinion ?

You dont know what i do on the road so you cant comment on it .

If you don't drive 50kph in an 80kph zone, a point you are arguing fervently for, then why are you here ? You are either a traffic troll in real life, or you are a internet troll on here. One or the other.
    Its not a thread called " Lets all agree " its a discussion board and you are having a pop just because i dont agree with you. Why? am i not entitled to an opinion ?

You are perfectly entitled to beleive te world is flat also if you like. Still doesn't make you right.

Nobody here has tried to stop you voicing your opinion.

• Advertisement

If you don't drive 50kph in an 80kph zone, a point you are arguing fervently for, then why are you here ? You are either a traffic troll in real life, or you are a internet troll on here. One or the other.

You are perfectly entitled to beleive te world is flat also if you like. Still doesn't make you right.

It doesnt matter at what speed i drive at and in what limits , im only commenting that there is nothing wrong in doing 50kph in an 80kph zone if you want to do so. Its a difference of opinion thats all.
    You have no argument so you scrape the bottom and use the troll card.
    You might like to drive on the limit all the time but the more responsible drivers out there like to take it easy from time to time . Are you sure that you havent mixed up your 30kph with your 50kph.?
    You have, for calling me a troll for not agreeing with you

It doesnt matter at what speed i drive at and in what limits ,
    Yes it does. it matters to those around you
    im only commenting that there is nothing wrong in doing 50kph in an 80kph zone if you want to do so. Its a difference of opinion thats all.
    You have no argument so you scrape the bottom and use the troll card.
    No no I have an argument. You've just dismissed it as you don't understand it. you apparently don't like the idea of flow dynamics being used to describe traffic flow. Thats your issue, not mine.
    You might like to drive on the limit all the time but the more responsible drivers out there like to take it easy from time to time .
    Nobody has said you have to do exactly the limit all the time. Thats a straw man you've made up. I don't drive on the limit all the time. Sometimes I do 5 or 10kph less, very occassionally I'll do 100kph in a 120kph zone.
    But thats different to what you are aruging - you are saying its ok for people to do almost half the legal speed limit regardless of the traffic flow. It isn't. Its dangerous. For everyone. Thats isn't up for discussion and your opinion is irrelevant. Its just fact. Thats why you FAIL your test for not pregressing. Thats why the guards can do you for the same. SIMPLE AS
    Are you sure that you havent mixed up your 30kph with your 50kph.?
    No idea what this is supposed to mean

You have, for calling me a troll for not agreeing with you
    a) I was not the one who originally called you a troll
    b) the word troll does not somehow prevent you from expressing your opinion. Wow imagine the internet if it did. Another strawman. You're not very good with logic I'm started to grasp.

Yes it does. it matters to those around you

No no I have an argument. You've just dismissed it as you don't understand it. you apparently don't like the idea of flow dynamics being used to describe traffic flow. Thats your issue, not mine.

Nobody has said you have to do exactly the limit all the time. Thats a straw man you've made up. I don't drive on the limit all the time. Sometimes I do 5 or 10kph less, very occassionally I'll do 100kph in a 120kph zone.
    But thats different to what you are aruging - you are saying its ok for people to do almost half the legal speed limit regardless of the traffic flow. It isn't. Its dangerous. For everyone. Thats isn't up for discussion and your opinion is irrelevant. Its just fact. Thats why you FAIL your test for not pregressing. Thats why the guards can do you for the same. SIMPLE AS

No idea what this is supposed to mean

a) I was not the one who originally called you a troll
    b) the word troll does not somehow prevent you from expressing your opinion. Wow imagine the internet if it did. Another strawman. You're not very good with logic I'm started to grasp.

You fail to realise how fast 50kph is . How does it matter to anyone else to what speed i drive at? Do you drive at 120 just because everyone else is?
    Would you drive at 80 in an 80 zone just because everyone else is?
    Thats dangerous driving in the fact that you drive to the wishes of others and not yourself.
    Please explain how doing 50kph in an 80 kph zone is dangerous to others? Have all these other cars not got breaks or is the accelerator pedal stuck at 80? Is doing 30mph in a 50mph zone dangerous?
    I think you may need to slow down a bit before you get an accident. Speed kills and all that.

you are saying its ok for people to do almost half the legal speed limit regardless of the traffic flow.
    It all depends on the limit, if the limit is 30kph then you will struggle to go much slower unless you intend to stop. The flow of traffic only comes into it when you are joining a faster moving road like a motorway .
    Again just incase you still havent got it, its about what you can do if you want to and not about personal preference.
    Troll, strawman? what next ?:)

Speed kills and all that.

Gay (Byrne) ? Is that you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

How does it matter to anyone else to what speed i drive at?
    If that is honestly your attitude and you are not trolling, then you should not be on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Stark wrote: »
    Lads, he's a troll, pure and simple
    If you have a problem with a post, report it.
    Gay ? Is that you ?
    Constructive posts only please

CiaranC wrote: »
    If that is honestly your attitude and you are not trolling, then you should not be on the road.

How do you work that one out? When i drive , other peoples speed is of no concern of mine and why should it? Why should i not be on the road for that?

Advertisement