Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Night Show Paddy's Night

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I know I'm in a minority but I don't find Bressie that attractive :eek:

I'm looking at him now and I'm thinking yeah...he doesn't look as good tonight....oh no wait he actually does :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

I know I'm in a minority but I don't find Bressie that attractive :eek:

Ireland has low standards lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

see below for link

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

yoda2001 wrote: »
    I think you have to have a bit of Cork in you to appreciate John Spillane. My favourite song is "the Lobby Bar". That battered old guitar of his is something to see.
    I'm not from Cork but I've seen him perform in Clonakilty a couple of times. He is a bit like Christy Moore in that he technically isn't the best singer but he has his own loyal following. He is a great poet and storyteller.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oooh, he's a bit easy on the eye.....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Why is the country falling over themsleves for this guy ? He is the least qualified judge on The Voice plus he takes himself WWAAAAYYYYYYY too seriously........

Why is the country falling over themsleves for this guy ? He is the least qualified judge on The Voice plus he takes himself WWAAAAYYYYYYY too seriously........

Ah jealousy rears it's ugly head :-P *kidding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

he turned you down?

• Advertisement

The Bressie interview was a complete waste of time, utterly pointless.

Tommy Bowe is on next week? Well that's me sold anyway :-P

leahyl wrote: »
    Tommy Bowe is on next week? Well that's me sold anyway :-P

Bugger, I'm away and no telly.... that's a record job, for sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hello people, "tap a de morning ta ye, be gorrah, I'm liberty insurance, etc"..

What did I miss... besides your usual wonderful commentary..

"The Field" is up next...

I remember I worked with a guy one time who was such a fan of "The Field" that he knew every single word of it. One lunch time I asked him where he was going and he replied -

"I'm off to dig up the bones of Seamie and I'll bury him in the arms of my mother". We had clients visiting from the UK on the same day and needless to say they were more than a bit concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Ah jealousy rears it's ugly head :-P *kidding

Not jealous at all... seems that we have become sooo superficial in this country - all the other judges on the show have a right to be there as they are international music stars. A show on RTE is actually unusual to have such quality in it's line up.

This guy's the biggest hit on the show because of his looks. :rolleyes:

Hello people, "tap a de morning ta ye, be gorrah, I'm liberty insurance, etc"..

What did I miss... besides your usual wonderful commentary..

Ah Jonathan where have you been? You haven't missed much to be honest

"The Field" I remember I worked with a guy one time who was such a fan of "The Field" that he knew every single word of it. One lunch time I asked him where he was going and he replied -"I'm off to dig up the bones of Seamie and I'll bury him in the arms of my mother".

The guy that Mrs D worked with..

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Nah he's a big dude in skinny jeans he must know he looks stupid.

Ah Jonathan where have you been? You haven't missed much to be honest

"I was out digging the prátais but it's been a bad year ta be sure, the blight took most of them... " Also I was out singing to a load of drunks.. I was meant to be back ages ago... was hoping to catch the thread, but I guess I'll just have to set up a new one for The Field, and see how many of ye I can coax into humouring me for the next couple of hours..

• Advertisement

I will say this - he is not as attractive as I thought but still nice looking. He does seem like a genuinely nice guy if even a bit shy

Can someone tell me when it's actually over... My recording software on the PC sometimes goes blank, so that I cant see the program that I am recording. And such is the case now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

"The Field" is up next...

I remember I worked with a guy one time who was such a fan of "The Field" that he knew every single word of it. One lunch time I asked him where he was going and he replied -

"I'm off to dig up the bones of Seamie and I'll bury him in the arms of my mother". We had clients visiting from the UK on the same day and needless to say they were more than a bit concerned

Years ago I was involved back stage with a group performing the Field in the Belltable. One scene involved Tadgh taking a bite out of a ham sandwich. One night after the show he said he would like a bit of mustard on the sandwich in future. The props person did not realise he was only joking and laced the next sandwich with tabasco sauce. Burned the mouth of the actor. It was such a bad thing to do, but priceless all the same.

Can someone tell me when it's actually over... My recording software on the PC sometimes goes blank, so that I cant see the program that I am recording. And such is the case now..
    Ended at 11.05, which I'm sure you know by now, but just in case.....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ended at 11.05, which I'm sure you know by now, but just in case.....

Arrrgghhh it took 17 minutes for someone to tell me.. Ye're ALL off my xmas card list... except Heidi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Arrrgghhh it took 17 minutes for someone to tell me.. Ye're ALL off my xmas card list... except Heidi...

:o:(

And it only took me that long cos I was heading for the bed! Good luck with The Field, hope you find company - I saw it back near when it was first released and HATED it!

Arrrggghhh.. after all that it didnt even record properly.. WHY do I bother... Good night!!!!!!

Arrrggghhh.. after all that it didnt even record properly.. WHY do I bother... Good night!!!!!!

RTE player - what it was invented for!

• Advertisement

cofy wrote: »
    Years ago I was involved back stage with a group performing the Field in the Belltable. One scene involved Tadgh taking a bite out of a ham sandwich. One night after the show he said he would like a bit of mustard on the sandwich in future. The props person did not realise he was only joking and laced the next sandwich with tabasco sauce. Burned the mouth of the actor. It was such a bad thing to do, but priceless all the same.
    Cofy, Our paths may have crossed, in my college days, I used to love going to the Belltable!

Advertisement