Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Night Show Paddy's Night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Can someone tell me who or what is Bressie? I've seen his/her/it's name somewhere, frequently - but clueless as to who they actually are.

And that sheepdog (yes, I know, a working animal, not a pet) won hands down for gorgeousness.

He's a mentor on The Voice of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,994 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

John Spillane a heavy metaller :eek: The mind boggles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Can someone tell me who or what is Bressie? I've seen his/her/it's name somewhere, frequently - but clueless as to who they actually are.

And that sheepdog (yes, I know, a working animal, not a pet) won hands down for gorgeousness.

Bressie are an African Tribe who do sean nós songs. They are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I like John Spillane, he is so down to earth and genuine :)

cofy wrote: »
    He's a mentor on The Voice of Ireland.

Yeah, I reckon those must be the ads where I've seen the name - but presumably he must have been "someone" before that in order to get to be a mentor?

Anyway, if I can stay awake I'll find out soon enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Bressie lead singer of Irish band Blizzards. THey aer on a break at the mo.
    He is a judge on Irish version of THe Voice (Singing talent show)
    He is very easy on the eye.

That dog was fab too cute;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

He was the lead singer in "The Blizzards", now solo, working with Simon Fullers company in London, and becoming popular as a judge on "The voice" TV show.

I like him, find his contributions on twitter funny. He's on chat shows/radio waaaay too much at the moment though.

Really like John Spillane too, seems genuinely nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

John is a bit of a nutjob is he?! :-)

By the way who is this guy, white flowery shirt on now. Im totally clueless:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I like John Spillane, he is so down to earth and genuine :)

Definitely no relation to Davy....LOL..:D

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    By the way who is this guy, white flowery shirt on now. Im totally clueless:confused:

lol - you know Bressie, I know John Spillane - a brilliant singer/songwriter and character

Are you sure you're from North Cork Lisha? :D:D:D

I love the song "Dunnes Stores Girl", I used to be a Dunnes Stores girl when I was broke student :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Christ this saturday night is some ****e....... defo should have gone to the pub

leahyl wrote: »
    John is a bit of a nutjob is he?! :-)

He reminds me of the "noddy dog" in the car when he's talking....Ode to Dunnes Stores girl.....good on ya!!!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Pity he didn't sing it all, love John Spillane. "Lovers' Leap" always makes me cry.

lol - you know Bressie, I know John Spillane - a brilliant singer/songwriter and character

Yeah am amazed Ive never come across him...... Have just now copped, is he the guy who writes for Christy Moore??
    MrsD007 wrote: »
    Are you sure you're from North Cork Lisha? :D:D:D
    I'm suitably chastened and mortified MrsD

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

And this guy is defo a one hit wonder if what he's singing now is the best he has to offer......

I kinda feel like he really plays on the whole "I'm from Cork biy"!

I think this is one of John's best songs

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Jaysus so Bressie is only going to be brought out to close the show?

This is quite catchy :-D

BOC Cork guests from Cork must be a very high percentage of his overall guest number.......................Not that I'm complaining mind:D

Is this meant to be our Polkraine song for the summer? (sorry I tuned out for a bit).

Put 'Em Under Pressure it ain't.....

BOC Cork guests from Cork must be a very high percentage of his overall guest number.......................Not that I'm complaining mind:D

Brendan is pure Cork like :-D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Yeah am amazed Ive never come across him...... Have just now copped, is he the guy who writes for Christy Moore??

I'm suitably chastened and mortified MrsD
    Lovers' Leap is about the place outside Mallow.

I know I'm in a minority but I don't find Bressie that attractive :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

I think you have to have a bit of Cork in you to appreciate John Spillane. My favourite song is "the Lobby Bar". That battered old guitar of his is something to see.

God Bressie is just so likeable as well as being very handsome.....his Mammy must be proud:D

• Advertisement

If your man Bressie can save this........

he has my respect.....

nite nite folks.....Happy St. Patrick's night....such as it was.....:rolleyes:

Advertisement