Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings [History Channel - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

yeah atleast show us her tits, this is the choice she has him or Rollo.

That wasn't the princess getting whipped
    It was just some lady of the court

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The Master wrote: »
    That wasn't the princess getting whipped
    It was just some lady of the court
    sorry that should have been a full stop not a comma.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Ok I'm a big Vikings fan but the dungeon/whipping scene was non-nonsensical. I could see no relevance to the overall story.
    You don't know that it won't play a part, it certainly goes someway to explaining the character.

I don't see why everything has to be part of a end game story. Sometimes weird stuff happens and events aren't always steps in a chain. There just events that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

^ Owen Roe is playing a sadistic bastard for any timeframe. My guess is he does temporarily wind up with our Princess. Very temporary given his tastes.
    At some point he will be at the receiving end of Rollo's wit and wisdom. Princess will go "my hero" and jump in Rollo's arms. Or at least give him a bar of soap and an invite to her tent.
    That's probably a four episode arc in two paragraphs.

Either end...Rollo is a real life character(ish) and the Vikings become the Normans over the two centuries following by offering protection to the weak French. Some descendant of Rollo called William will come pay a visit on England in 1066 and all that. That's the broad history - at any point Rollo can become just another Rollo and not the Rollo (if ratings drop).
    This crew were certainly not the only bunch of Vikings preying on French territory at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Wow didn't know that King Ecbert is Ted Roaches (Ken Barlow - Coronation Streets) son and Princess Gisla is Roman Polanskis daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

And we are back.

Season 4 yay.

Picks up directly where we left off, really enjoyed the episode.

endess supply of vikings that that be killed in huge numbers in Paris come back kills ome more kill some in paris

rollo is some bastard

unusually bad encampment position from those vikings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Chucktastic

Enjoyed it so far. No Ragnar anymore though? I hope Rollo or somebody can fill his trousers ;) or this show could go down the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Perhaps I'm being stupid here but what was the point of Rollo killing everyone? What use is he to the French without any followers or an army? :confused:

• Advertisement

Either end...Rollo is a real life character(ish) and the Vikings become the Normans over the two centuries following by offering protection to the weak French. Some descendant of Rollo called William will come pay a visit on England in 1066 and all that.
    The vikings pretty much take over much of Europe, just not as any cohesive unit. The name Russia comes from the people that row (vikings), they set up trade routes all through eastern Europe down to the middle east.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Perhaps I'm being stupid here but what was the point of Rollo killing everyone? What use is he to the French without any followers or an army? :confused:

I reckon he's sick of playing second fiddle to Ragnar, so he wanted to make a go of it in France. I'd imagine he's thinking along the lines of being the ruler of his own people, those with whom he is integrating with. He killed all the others because they wanted to leave/didn't like the arrangement in place, and he wants to make a life there, which he couldn't if he was in charge of people that wouldn't co-operate with him. I reckon by slaughtering his own, he will win favour with the King, and has been given his own lands and riches and an as of yet uncooperative wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Was there a time jump in this episode or in the previous season , i cant remember.How is that Bjorn's daughter looks to be around 4-5 years old?Even Ragnars children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I reckon he's sick of playing second fiddle to Ragnar, so he wanted to make a go of it in France. I'd imagine he's thinking along the lines of being the ruler of his own people, those with whom he is integrating with. He killed all the others because they wanted to leave/didn't like the arrangement in place, and he wants to make a life there, which he couldn't if he was in charge of people that wouldn't co-operate with him. I reckon by slaughtering his own, he will win favour with the King, and has been given his own lands and riches and an as of yet uncooperative wife!

Yes but he killed all of his own people....even his friends and those that supported him. Now he has no-one, I don't understand why the French would even want him now - he doesn't have any armies or men to act as a buffer against Ragnar. It wouldn't make any sense.

Rollo on his own with no supporters is effectively useless? Unless they just didn't explain it very well and he has other followers at another location, but if that were the case why would it have shown him butchering the very friend who warned him of unrest in the camp.

The French made an alliance because they wanted Rollo's vikings to form a military alliance with them...but now everyone is dead.

I reckon he's sick of playing second fiddle to Ragnar, so he wanted to make a go of it in France.
    Plus he gets a fancy French bird. He's basically jumped to the top of French society in one move.
    Yes but he killed all of his own people....even his friends and those that supported him. Now he has no-one, I don't understand why the French would even want him now - he doesn't have any armies or men to act as a buffer against Ragnar. It wouldn't make any sense.
    But he knows how to fight the vikings, the majority of viking power comes from the fact people think they're monsters. The french probably have better armed forces they're just out of practice and poorly trained. After watching Rolo kill his own men for questioning him, the French army will probably do whatever he asks without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

Does anybody else think this series is a bit all over the place. There are subplots relating to Bjorn, Ragnars current Mrs, Ragnars ex-Mrs and her new fella, Floki, Mercia & Wessex, Rollo in Paris but there doesnt seen to be any cohesion to any of it. Also Ragnar's screen time seems to be limited which is to the detriment of the show.

4 episodes in and not loving it.

Whatever ye think, but that was an excellent episode!

I just fast forwarded all of the Wessex and Kategat parts.Literally couldn't give a toss

don't quite get what the guy coming and humping the women while the men are away is about in terms of the big story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

don't quite get what the guy coming and humping the women while the men are away is about in terms of the big story

I think he's ment to be the all father

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Agree there's silly subplots- trying too hard to be Game of Thrones

King Eckbert is my favourite character by far - what a brilliant acting performance from Linus Roche - he's mesmerizing

Anyone know what Yidu was on about before Ragnar did what he did.Something about the slaughter of Six at Wessex?.Cant remember what that was about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Anyone know what Yidu was on about before Ragnar did what he did.Something about the slaughter of Six at Wessex?.Cant remember what that was about

Ragnar confided in her about the slaughter of the Viking settlement in Wessex which happened way back in session 2. He has been keeping it secret from his people.

Ragnar confided in her about the slaughter of the Viking settlement in Wessex which happened way back in session 2. He has been keeping it secret from his people.

Really? I thought he didnt know about that at all, Sure they killed every witness and he was long gone after that so how would he have even known?.I cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Agree there's silly subplots- trying too hard to be Game of Thrones

King Eckbert is my favourite character by far - what a brilliant acting performance from Linus Roche - he's mesmerizing

King Noel of Edmonds?

Really? I thought he didnt know about that at all, Sure they killed every witness and he was long gone after that so how would he have even known?.I cant remember.

Season 3, episode 6 - a survivor made it back, only told Ragnar what happened and then
    Ragnar strangled him

Season 3, episode 6 - a survivor made it back, only told Ragnar what happened and then
    Ragnar strangled him

Oh yes i remember now.

Vikings Undercovered BBC programme trying to find a second Viking settlement in North America, covers some of the things in this show

Cracking episode! Really sets up the mid-season finale. It's good to know that the "distractions" are dealt with and out of the way (
    Lagertha baby scenario, Bjornn's vengeance, Floki and Ragnar getting along-ish, Ragnar gone through enough withdrawals to be semi-ok for the showdown with Rollo
    ). It's good to know everyone will be focussed.

Also, mid-season finale!! This season is 20 episodes! Only found that out now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Cracking episode! Really sets up the mid-season finale. It's good to know that the "distractions" are dealt with and out of the way (
    Lagertha baby scenario, Bjornn's vengeance, Floki and Ragnar getting along-ish, Ragnar gone through enough withdrawals to be semi-ok for the showdown with Rollo
    ). It's good to know everyone will be focussed.

Also, mid-season finale!! This season is 20 episodes! Only found that out now!

WHAT???

Advertisement