Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings [History Channel - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

This show has been top notch since it's return.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

A stunning episode, fantastic from start to finish.
    A what a send off for Ragnar, perfect! Do I doubt that's the end of him in spirit.
    Can't wait for the next few episodes!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Delighted that Jonathan Rhys Meyers is going to be in Vikings. Loved him in The Tudors.

His role has been revealed here: http://www.inquisitr.com/3871125/vikings-season-5-jonathan-rhys-meyers-role-is-finally-revealed/

This will help cushion the blow
    following Ragnar's death

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Yaaay on rte 2 now double bill

Holy crap! Granted, it's jumping in time quite quick, but that's one way to instil fear! Loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm all for abridging but that was a fierocious time leap in one episode, which feels somewhat disjointed! Also disappointed that they opted for the 'fast forward' with the arrival of the heathen army, was expecting at least a skirmish. I suppose they're keeping it underkey for for the final two episodes.

Gonna be a great finale. Good episode to build up the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Excited for the finale!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

My feet quiver just thinking about that battle...so much muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Well that was just awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

campo wrote: »
    Well that was just awesome

People upset about you know who but I was more upset about ecbert. Look out for my face in season five

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

People upset about you know who but I was more upset about ecbert. Look out for my face in season five

Are you one of JRM's conquests?

Are you one of JRM's conquests?

Nope. Had a ten minute chat with him on set one day. He's actually a nice bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Nope. Had a ten minute chat with him on set one day. He's actually a nice bloke.

You an on screen extra

That opening battle was fantastic stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the quality of the fleet shots seems very realistic, how many of the ships are real? I'd have expected one or two to be real ones and the rest being CGI but the nearest 4 or 5 look real to me. overall are they putting more money into this series than the first, the production values seem to be better?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Once again, I completely cannot understand how they did such an amazing job aging the male characters (Ecbert, Ragnar, Bjorn, etc) while failing to make any effort whatsoever with the women (Helga, Latherga, etc) who essentially look the same now as they did in the first season.

Good episode though, sets up the next season very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

They are Scandinavian women remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Loved this season and the whole story arc over all.... wonder where they will go with the next season ? I hope it does not run out of steam...........

Once again, I completely cannot understand how they did such an amazing job aging the male characters (Ecbert, Ragnar, Bjorn, etc) while failing to make any effort whatsoever with the women (Helga, Latherga, etc) who essentially look the same now as they did in the first season.

Good episode though, sets up the next season very nicely.
    Season five will start to show folks of the ageing of the characters. Lagertha included.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

TonyD79 wrote: »
    They are Scandinavian women remember!

Not exactly renowned for ageing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Loved this season and the whole story arc over all.... wonder where they will go with the next season ? I hope it does not run out of steam...........

Any chance of raids on Ireland?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    Any chance of raids on Ireland?

With Ivar on the show and looks to be dominating with king Harold in coming season it's possible because he was one of the first Viking kings of Ireland.

I honestly don't know if this show will continue to be as good without Ragnar. Even the last few episodes were missing that certain something that Ragnar brought. Floki was a good replacement, but they've gone and messed up his character imo (unless there's a spin off showing his journey from lost soul who doesn't know if he still believes in his Gods back to Viking animal), i don't know if the rest can hold the show. Bjorn is ok, but he's trying too hard to be angry Ragnar. Ivar is meh imo, i don't think he will hold his portion of the show unless he suddenly gets better at acting, genuinely couldn't care less about Lagerta at the moment, she's turned into a boring yoke. Same with Rollo, he's boring when he's French. The only one who i think might be able to carry the show is Ubbe, he's the only character who i think is managing his role perfectly since Ragnar left.

I really hope it continues to be good, but I genuinely believe that this show will fall badly without Ragnar.

I think there's enough going on with the latest slew of characters to keep the show compelling, but none anywhere near as strong individually as Ragnar, agreed. I think it's turning into a more ensemble act going forward, whereas previously it was driven primarily by Ragnar.

I thought the same of Homeland after Brody died, that the show would be a hollow vessel without the character whom the entire show had centered on, but it adapted extremely well and thrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope an excursion to Scotland is shown too, there is a lot of viking history with Scotland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_Scotland

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Is Alfred the lead actor from Sing Street, he's really good in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how can they bare the (wo)man power lost in these battles?

Is part 2 of season 5 coming up soon for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is part 2 of season 5 coming up soon for this.

28th November

Advertisement