Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIY RY4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mrplop wrote: »
    Got on that - hate the waiting game though. Such a pity that no one sells flavouring over here - got almost 100mls of VG 36mg and I'm going to have to spend €10 to buy 30ml's of pre-made whilst I'm waiting for the other flavours:mad:

:D
    Hate when that happens, waiting on a order and not sure if it will get to you buy Friday so ya order local spending €10 + on an atty or juice to get by.

Tobacco C is a bit milder than GD so ya have a nice variation.
    Have tried a few flavours but keep sticking to them two.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Quick question, if I were to make a vg based ry4, using vg nicotine base, could I dilute it and thin it just using water? That is remove the need for any pg?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Quick question, if I were to make a vg based ry4, using vg nicotine base, could I dilute it and thin it just using water? That is remove the need for any pg?

Yes I think 15% is the dilution. Use the distilled water from a chemist.
    Some people are allergic to PG so use VG as their base all the time.
    I'v heard it makes great vapor but mutes flavor, what I'v read anyway, I use 75% Pg as I have no problem with it. Tho someone said to me that if you have Psoriasis PG will make it worse and I'v noticed I'm getting dry skin on my forearms lately, might be going down the VG route myself if it continues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i wonder if the vg flavour thing can be fixed by adding more flavouring

i think i might order some vg nic base and vg 0mg in a while and try make some juices with it. juices I know I already like, like gold ducat or american type. if I can get a good flavour ill probably just switch over to vg permanently, better vapour and all it means is I have to punch an extra hole (or two) in my cartos before putting them into tanks

straight vaping cartos with pure vg would be a pain in the sack though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Found this on using PG or VG juice, might be helpful.
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/3860-using-pg-and-vg-in-juices/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Lads, use 25% distilled water or better still blue label vodka dont go for the cheap stuff either it makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Using Hazelnut to reduce the sweetness of my first RY4 made from scratch, it works quite well without making everything taste of nuts. So far it tastes like the FA RY4 without the pepper or the biscuit like taste.
    I think the most important aspect of RY4 is the base tobbaco and the subtlety of Caramel, once I reduce the sweetness and cut back on the Caramel I think I can get this tasting very close to the Dekang.

I have been Vaping a mrplop ry4 all day, and I'm impressed, nice flavour, good vape, very nice.
    Any chance you can share the recipe? I intend to start mixing over Easter.

"mrplop ry4" just sounds so wrong

Yeah, it's a bit off alright:) but it's a tasty juice.

• Advertisement

Maybe I can call it 'plop' juice - and it's got nuts in it...

I have been Vaping a mrplop ry4 all day, and I'm impressed, nice flavour, good vape, very nice.
    Any chance you can share the recipe? I intend to start mixing over Easter.

Simple mixture this one; 60 drops of Hangsen concentrate and 4 of Flavourart. The F/A concentrate is PH balanced to tone the sweetness down whereas the Hangsen isn't, a mixture of both tones the sweetness down and kills the biscuit/pepper in the F/A.

Here's another recipe which works a little better but doesn't involve any RY-4 concentrate at all - I prefer this one;

RY -4
    10ml

Inawera flavours

tob c 6 drops
    hazelnut 4 drops
    caramel 2 drops
    vanillia .5 drops
    peanut .5drops

I put the bottle with the lid and tip off in hot water - speeds the steeping process.

I think the main missing element is a good tobacco base - the health cabin concentrate is supposed to be very good but it's more expensive than the Inawera stuff and you need to use 50% of it to get any flavour.
    The Chinese have sussed that we're willing to pay good money for this stuff and they've adjusted their prices accordingly.

Sods.

Just mixed my first batch of RY4. What's the best course of action now, leave the air into it for a couple of days?

Couldn't resist trying it just now, and if I say so myself it's fantastic.

Should I leave it air? What will that do to the flavour or should I just belt away?
    Any advice appreciated...

im not entirely sure why leaving the cap off overnight is advised.. but what I read several places was to leave the cap off it for 24 hours, then put the cap back on.. give it a shake (a good hard 30 second shake) and then leave it in the dark drawer for a week or two

i leave mine for about a week then take them out of the steeping drawer and into my juice drawer. so they're still in a dark drawer after that. it's personal preference really. if you like it as is, vape it now. if you have a small 5/10ml empty bottle, maybe pour 10ml into it and steep that.. and just vape the rest of what yhou made. 2 weeks time you can try the steeped juice and see if it tastes much different

Got a recipe?

You can just keep going with it but the flavour will change - good OR bad!

Very basic recipe to start off with.

5.2 ml 52mg pg nicotine base
    20.6 ml pg/vg
    3.6 ml RY4 flavouring (12% flavouring)

It comes to 30mls of 10mg strength (70/20 pg/vg)

Got all my supplies from vapour zone in the UK.

I'm going to let the cap off overnight and sample it again tomorrow night, if I can tear myself away from Sir Digby's home brew which I'm using as a treat vape on relaxing evenings.

The concentrate at Vapour Zone is Hangsen, you'll get a better deal at cig-eliquid.co.uk.
    For example 50ml of RY-4 is £11.50 - not as many flavours but very cheap for the essential ones.

Advertisement