Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 01 - Australian GP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Awesome start to the season. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Grosjean for Lotus in 3rd :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

pitty about the dickhead on pole but Grosjean and Schumi on the second row will do nicely

Dunno why Crofty's expecting the Ferraris to fly through the field tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Schumacher did good job, surprised redbull not a bit closer

I guess albert park always suited McLaren. Wonder will it carry over to other tracks

Good grid for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Brilliant opening to the season, Vettell might actually have to race this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 drink_milk

Can't wait for tomorrow :) Very good grid indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Long live beautiful non-platypus nose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Well that was interesting.
    Nice to have a Mclaren front row.
    You have to wonder what kimi could have done given his teammates time.
    Or maybe he would have been near him.

I don't say this just as a Button fan but if he beats Lewis into the first corner it could set the entire season up beautifully. Don't want Hamilton stealing a march early in the year.

Heh, head on Grosjean in the press conference. :D

• Advertisement

No Horner yet for the post-race stuff. Hmmm....

EDIT: Raikkonen 150/1 with Paddy Power, worth a quid each way I would've thought. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

amacachi wrote: »
    Heh, head on Grosjean in the press conference. :D
    I think I got it just right :pac:

6843114760_c93d2975e5_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Red bulls wings have been clipped!! Is it the end of that finger??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

pegasus1 wrote: »

I sincerely hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Brilliant Qualy. Mclaren car is not only a beaut but apparently its quick aswell. Grosjean was a nice surprise as was Red Bull being a little of the pace! Race is set-up for a cracker wonder what Schumi can do from the start? Will his starts be as quick as last year?

-gilly-09- wrote: »
    ...wonder what Schumi can do from the start? Will his starts be as quick as last year?

Could take Grosjean at some point, but them both could snap either Lewis' or Jasons' spot.. i think Mclaren drivers couldnt stay super nice friends/colleagues whole season and it should be reflected somehow on the track also like tight first corner fights ie

But let's wait FIA new decision on RB and Lotus protest bout Merc's superDRS/Front wing thingy.

Now that's difficult one actually! see article 3.18
    http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8692/fia.html

IMO quite 50-50 situation -is it driver operated aero advantage or not?

Hopefully will see other teams catching them rather than get banned and see Mclaren cruising to title.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JohnP199

Fecking alarm never went off, missed qualifying. I've managed to avoid seeing the results so far but I dont think I can hold out until this afternoon when the highlights are on BBC. Is there anywhere online to watch the qualifying session? If so could someone please PM me the link (I dont want to be coming back into the thread and risk seeing who got pole!)

JohnP199 wrote: »
    Fecking alarm never went off, missed qualifying. I've managed to avoid seeing the results so far but I dont think I can hold out until this afternoon when the highlights are on BBC. Is there anywhere online to watch the qualifying session? If so could someone please PM me the link (I dont want to be coming back into the thread and risk seeing who got pole!)

Yootoob user SeventyBuckss has some short versions of practice and qualy runs

Dunno why FIA tech guys are so incapable of delivering edits faster.. straight after race?

mean this http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits/

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ivanc

HRT Have been refused permission to race linky

Have to say the Setanta coverage wasn't a disaster this morning but the way the show abruptly ended was a bit of an anti-climax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

ivanc wrote: »
    HRT Have been refused permission to race linky

Would have liked to have seen a full grid for the first race, but the right decision was made. It isn't safe to have the cars on the grid, would hope to see them at the next race.

How much running have they had so far?

decisions wrote: »
    Would have liked to have seen a full grid for the first race, but the right decision was made. It isn't safe to have the cars on the grid, would hope to see them at the next race.

How much running have they had so far?

Don't think they managed any more than a few laps this morning.

Be interesting to see if the Caterhams will be able to hold Sergio back for any amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Will be interesting to see how good "Finger man" is now starting from down the grid :pac:

Would also liked to see where Kimi could have been on the grid, still If he is fired up there could be plenty of overtaking going on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Really enjoyed that qualy session. Every session last year had that sense of inevitability about it that Red Bull would get pole so it was good to see some different faces up there challenging.

Looking forward to the race tomorrow. If Schumi can start like he did last year he can get right up there with Lewis and Jenson.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

pegasus1 wrote: »

No.

HRT, no surprise that they failed to qualify tbh. Failed to qualify for the race last year and Karthikeyan said he doesn't think next weeks Malaysian GP will be any easier for HRT

Maldonado did a great job in his Williams, starting on the 4th row of the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

The grid order has to be in the top few with the most potential for a cracker of a race over the last few years.

Raikkonen in a very strong car starting in 18th, potential for some action from him charging up the places.
    Alonso starting from 12th, right in the thick of things with people like Kobayashi around him :D
    The redbulls also in the thick of things with a very unlucky not to be higher Rosberg behind them.
    Scumacher finally in a car that seems to be on the pace, have to fancy him to give Grosjean a fright off the line.

Haven't been this excited about a GP in a good few years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Apparently this race is the first British driver front row start since the 1995 Australian GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Apparently this race is the first British driver front row start since the 1995 Australian GP.

And Ironically a Renault 3rd again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

looking forward to the race, schumi qualified well. it will be interesting to see the redbulls fight their way to the front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭lolie

At least lewis wont have to worry about massa this yr, except when he's lapping him.
    As happy as i am for grosjean i'd be happier if he came 4th.

Advertisement