Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby Team, Galway- more players needed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Lensbaby89 wrote: »
    Hi, myself and a few friends are really dying to play tag this summer but I've left it too late to join up with some of the teams I've played with before.

Is there ANYONE out there (of any skill level) who would like to make a team before next Thursday to join the St. Marys league (Corinthians has already started)?

Otherwise is there anyone who is short a few girls for their team?

I'll be a very sad panda if I don't get to play tag this summer :-(

me and a few friends are looking to play how many do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

I'd be interested in playing...let me know if you need a player :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lensbaby89

I have 3 guys and 4 girls so I now need 4 guys and 1 girl. I've registered a team online today, first match is Thursday in St. Marys at 7, 7.45, or 8.30. Cost to play is €20 ish per person, you also need to have tag shorts which are €20 to buy online (you will not be allowed to play matched without these).

We'll need to have a training session before the match too so anyone who is interested in playing needs to be aware that you will be need to commit to matches every Thursday and training one evening per week from now until July 26th.

Of course everyone will miss at least one week but it's not fair on the team to only turn up when you feel like it. :)

Anyone who feels they will be able to commit to this is more than welcome to join our team. I want to have this finalised by tomorrow so speedy replies are appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

i have myself and 3 other lads, cant seem to find a girl willing to play. only problem is we wont have shorts for this Thursday.

empacher wrote: »
    i have myself and 3 other lads, cant seem to find a girl willing to play. only problem is we wont have shorts for this Thursday.

Hi, can any of you come along tomorrow night to play in St. Marys?

You won't be allowed to play without the shorts but I called Champion Sports in Galway SC today and they have loads of mens shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

A mate of mine (guy) may be interested in playing. He has TAG shorts so if he says yeah he will be available for tomorrow!!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    A mate of mine (guy) may be interested in playing. He has TAG shorts so if he says yeah he will be available for tomorrow!!

Fantastic. At this point I have so many maybes and randoms I really need to see who will turn up tomorrow night and play and who is free to play then every week.

Tell him to come along and look for the Galway Hookers team, wear a black tshirt.

empacher wrote: »

They sell them at the venue! Show up at 6:30 and you'll be able to get them then!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thanks and well done to all that showed up for the first game last night. Onwards and upwards and all that!

If anyone is still interested in playing please PM me as we still have guys and girls spots left, even if you're only free for a few nights let me know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Hey everyone. A few from our team have pulled out so looking for some more players. PM me if you are interested. We are in the Marys league on Thursday nights

deisedude wrote: »
    the Marys league on Thursday nights
    At this rate we'll definitely have to play "Spot the Boardsies" :).

Malice wrote: »
    At this rate we'll definitely have to play "Spot the Boardsies" :).

Well i'm the only boardsie i know of on my team. I've a feeling we played ye last night. Dropkick Murphys? :pac: They told me they were boardies

Dropkick Murphy's did play well last night (I was the ref!) running in a lot of girl tries in a fast paced energetic game! But there are a lot of boardsies in St. Mary's, including a team who have a player with a severe injury due to last nights's weather and poor footwear!

Well i'm the only boardsie i know of on my team. I've a feeling we played ye last night. Dropkick Murphys? :pac: They told me they were boardies
    No that's not us. We're The Galway Hookers.
    a team who have a player with a severe injury due to last nights's weather and poor footwear!
    That's us. Get well soon Shannon!

For anyone reading this please, for your own sake, get a pair of boots if you don't have one already. Whatever about reducing the possibility of injury it'll increase your mobility which is vital in such a stop-start game.

For anyone reading this please, for your own sake, get a pair of boots if you don't have one already. Whatever about reducing the possibility of injury it'll increase your mobility which is vital in such a stop-start game.

I cannot emphasise enough the importance of good footwear in wet weather. You can buy boots that are relatively inexpensive and will save you from serious injury. I don't think players should be allowed play tag anymore without weather appropriate footwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

No that's not us. We're The Galway Hookers.
    a team who have a player with a severe injury due to last nights's weather and poor footwear!
    That's us. Get well soon Shannon!

Is she ok?
    We were just finished playing on the other pitch and we were worried because she was down on the ground for so long.

I was wearing boots with moulded short studs on Thursday, I could have done with longer studs!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

Where do I sign up?

spectre wrote: »
    Where do I sign up?

My team are looking for extra players if you are interested. We play in the Marys league

If anyone needs a player for training, who can give some useful tips as a ref and contact rugby player, I am available any evening from 5 onwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 15 IBTL

Free agent looking for a team to play with this week. PM me if your in need! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Connachtman

Two beginners looking to join a team if anyone's interested? Two lads, one fit, one getting there, good skill levels all round!

PMs sent to various people.

We mainly need girls.

But also 1/2 lads.

From same team as Malice above FWIW.

We mainly need girls.

But also 1/2 lads.

From same team as Malice above FWIW.

Dear lord, bring us some women.

Lensbaby89 wrote: »
    Dear lord, bring us some women.
    I often say the very same thing at half-ten on a Saturday night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aidy72

Hi,

If anyone is looking for an extra player for tag rugby, im free most evenings so would love to join if am needed.

Thanks.
    Aidan

I've send a couple of PMs on this to a couple of people but if anyone is looking to play a practice game for training purposes then the team I'm on would be happy to provide the opposition. It'd be a bit more interesting than endless passing drills :).

• Advertisement

I've send a couple of PMs on this to a couple of people but if anyone is looking to play a practice game for training purposes then the team I'm on would be happy to provide the opposition. It'd be a bit more interesting than endless passing drills :).

We train at 7pm at the Claddagh pitches on Tuesday nights. If anyone's interested drop me or Malice a PM and we'll arrange something, training is always more productive if you have someone to practise against.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement