Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby Team, Galway- more players needed!

Options
  • 12-03-2012 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi All,
    We are looking for a few more players to play in our team (2-4) girls+guys. Beginners welcome and the league starts on starts on Sunday 24th March in St. Mary's College...Message me if interested, Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

I might be interested, I've played with the boards team the last two summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 angeloghiotto

Nice,so i can start in july ?? heheh i will only be there in july !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

PM Sent would be glad to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vmona

We now have 2 guys, so we are looking for 1 or 2 girls.... :)

@Angeloghitto, sorry, this league only goes from March- May!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Was just wondering would ya need a sub male? Would really love to play for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If I wasn't so damn injury-prone I'd give this a go. For anyone that's thinking of joining I'd say go for it!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Was just wondering would ya need a sub male? Would really love to play for the summer

It's not the summer league and subs were already factored into the equation(squad of 11/12 for a seven a side game), there was also one or two who missed out, so you'd be well down the pecking order I'm afraid.

Summer league isn't for another two months, and you can even join alone through their website(might still be a team for the Spring as well). They leave an open team that people can pay into.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Any more players needed I know couple more who may be interested

We have all the guys we need now, just another girl or two would be good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

there was also one or two who missed out, so you'd be well down the pecking order I'm afraid..

Was there trials or something???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 M_Endo

Hi Vmona, are you still looking for another girl for tag?

Was there trials or something???

No, but I know her from playing last summer and she texted me to confirm my status saying there was one or two others who were interested.
    Going by the second post, she only needed 2 lads and there was 3 messages.

@M_Endo, I think we have the 2 girls that we need but I am making double sure and will let you know by tomorrow afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 sarahmeen22

id be intrested in joining if your still looking for players

Hi M_Endo, if you are still interested in playing, you can join our team, there's another spot left!
    It starts tomorrow at 2.30pm though we're meeting at 2pm at st. Mary's college and tag shorts are essential (which you can buy them in most sports shops, (try the shops in eyre square, especially champion sports)
    Registration is €35.
    Let us know if you are still interested...

Hi sarahmeen, another girl enquired first, but if she doesn't get back to me later, I'll let you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 M_Endo

Hi, vmona - that's perfect - still interested. I have shorts already, have ye picked a t-shirt color or will any do? I'll pm u my mob no this evening and I'll see ye tomorrow.
    Vmona wrote: »
    Hi M_Endo, if you are still interested in playing, you can join our team, there's another spot left!
    It starts tomorrow at 2.30pm though we're meeting at 2pm at st. Mary's college and tag shorts are essential (which you can buy them in most sports shops, (try the shops in eyre square, especially champion sports)
    Registration is €35.
    Let us know if you are still interested...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 athenry2012

Is it too late to get involved in this spring league? Does anybody need an extra player (male)?

@Athenry, unfortunately, our team is full for the spring league.

• Advertisement

We have a team in the IRFU spring league @ Dangan - are any teams out there interested in a practice game on Monday (23rd April). We are open to any locations around Galway town. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

We have a team in the IRFU spring league @ Dangan - are any teams out there interested in a practice game on Monday (23rd April). We are open to any locations around Galway town. Cheers!
    We train at the pitches beside the church in renmore - we're not that great but if you need a game we'll be there around 6:30pm or so. We usually start late after we gossip for a while first.

Fatguy2k1
    That sounds perfect, we'll see you on Monday so. We're not great either!

Need any extra players?

deisedude wrote: »

Need any extra players?
    We could do with an extra fella. Could you make it to renmore pitches on Monday for 6.30 for a kick about?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 matchball

Hi,
    Are there are teams out there looking for players for the upcoming Summer league preferably the Thursday one in St. Marys. My girlfriend and I are both interested in joining a team. We haven't played before but I'm sure (hope) we will pick it up qiuckly.

Cheers.

matchball wrote: »
    Hi,
    Are there are teams out there looking for players for the upcoming Summer league preferably the Thursday one in St. Marys. My girlfriend and I are both interested in joining a team. We haven't played before but I'm sure (hope) we will pick it up qiuckly.

Cheers.

Go to the Irish tag rugby association website and you and your gf can sign up as individuals to a team for the st marys league

• Registered Users Posts: 26 matchball

Thanks for the reply/info. I registered both of us just now; there is still space for 4 guys and 2 girls on their website (link below).
    http://www.tagrugby.ie/Find-A-Team.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lensbaby89

Hi, myself and a few friends are really dying to play tag this summer but I've left it too late to join up with some of the teams I've played with before.

Is there ANYONE out there (of any skill level) who would like to make a team before next Thursday to join the St. Marys league (Corinthians has already started)?

Otherwise is there anyone who is short a few girls for their team?

I'll be a very sad panda if I don't get to play tag this summer :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lensbaby89 wrote: »
    Hi, myself and a few friends are really dying to play tag this summer but I've left it too late to join up with some of the teams I've played with before.

Is there ANYONE out there (of any skill level) who would like to make a team before next Thursday to join the St. Marys league (Corinthians has already started)?

Otherwise is there anyone who is short a few girls for their team?

I'll be a very sad panda if I don't get to play tag this summer :-(

How many players do you have so far? That would give any interested party an idea as to whether it would be worth the hassle of joining or not!

Also, if the worst comes to the worst, come down on Thursday evening (I am a ref there) and just ask teams do they need another girl! Some teams may only have the three girls and would love a fourth to be able to sub girls in and out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement