Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T20 Qualifiers in UAE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Mildly peeved here, my pc crashed when I was watching the ESPN link, now I can't find it anywhere and I see its deleted here because ESPN seems to be a streaming site. :eek: RTE Iplayer must be a streaming site too based on that logic. Oh well Cricinfo will have to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

a six

home and dry now

8 req from 24

another six, atta boy Kev

Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Apologies for the lazy question but if we win tomorrow do we qualify with Afghanistan?

edit - Yes we do, looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

guapos wrote: »
    Apologies for the lazy question but if we win tomorrow do we qualify with Afghanistan?

Yes, it's sh*t or bust tomorrow morning. I'll be glued to the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Is there potentially two games tomorrow?

I take it if we beat Namibia tomorrow we go throught, but we then play a final against Afghanistan in the afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

djimi wrote: »
    Is there potentially two games tomorrow?

I take it if we beat Namibia tomorrow we go throught, but we then play a final against Afghanistan in the afternoon?

Yep the winners of tomorrows Ireland v Namibia qualify but then play Afghanistan in the tournament final, the final will also determine seeding for the World Cup. Winners will be in Australia/South Africa group, losers in England/India group

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

yeah looks that way, the second game is on setanta ireland, no sign of the first one

Looks like the Namibia game is on Setanta 1 and the final is on Setanta Ireland. Pity its not the other way around but I suppose F1 takes priority on Setanta Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Watched the highlights of the Ireland v Canada on Setanta last night, breaks were driving me mad. The best bit was when the commentator/producer left his mike on and you could hear him giving instructions about what camera angles he wanted and discussing the next topic of conversation with the expert.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I probably jumped the gun a little bit earlier today when I deleted the stream. Apologies for this.

But, to clarify things, in the absence of a sitewide policy (which is on the way): please only give streams that are completely free to air - this means if you need to fake a location, or it's an illegal feed of a copyright broadcast, do not post it. Bans will have to be handed out for breaches.

I don't agree with Mr Sherlock's law any more than the next guy, but we have to be careful for the next while. Please don't make this more difficult than it already is.

Any questions, please PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ConorBGF95

I'll admit to knowing nothing about cricket, but I'm a betting man and I figured you lot would be the most knowledgeable.

I just had a read through the thread there and had a look at the prices for tomorrow's match.

Surely Ireland shouldn't be @1.28? Reading through the thread I got the impression that Namibia are good and they've already beaten Ireland? So I don't understand why Ireland are such big favourites and Namibia are @3.40?

Its hard to call the game tomorrow I think. I dont think anyone would have thought that Namibia would have gone all 7 games unbeaten in the group. That said, Ireland have been much improved the last few games and beat the last two opponents heavily, while Namibia suffered a relatively heavy defeat in their last game. Ireland definately have the momentum, but Namibia have the advantage of having already beaten us in the tournament.

I dont really get that decimal betting; am I right in saying that Ireland are around 1/4 and Namibia are 5/2 or thereabouts? Seems to have Ireland as very strong favorites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ConorBGF95

I dont really get that decimal betting; am I right in saying that Ireland are around 1/4 and Namibia are 5/2 or thereabouts? Seems to have Ireland as very strong favorites.

Ireland are 2/7 and Namibia are 12/5, if that makes more sense to you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Its hard to call the game tomorrow I think. I dont think anyone would have thought that Namibia would have gone all 7 games unbeaten in the group. That said, Ireland have been much improved the last few games and beat the last two opponents heavily, while Namibia suffered a relatively heavy defeat in their last game. Ireland definately have the momentum, but Namibia have the advantage of having already beaten us in the tournament.

Yep, Ireland 2/7 and Namibia 12/5 with PP.

ConorBGF95 wrote: »
    Ireland are 2/7 and Namibia are 12/5, if that makes more sense to you. :)

Yup a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

To be cear the game is only on set 1 tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Namibia chose to bat and are 39/3 after 11 overs.

Fantastic bowling performance thus far, the batsmen really struggling to get ball away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Anyone have a stream??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

http://www.espnstar.com/live/

That looks legit to me

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

brian_rbk wrote: »
    http://www.espnstar.com/live/

That looks legit to me

Brian

Brilliant, thanks Brian.

Ireland need 95 to win - they start in 10 mins time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

brian_rbk wrote: »
    Ireland need 95 to win - they start in 10 mins time.
    They kept the intensity up throughout. Superb bowling and fielding to restrict Namibia to less than 100.

One foot firmly in the door to Sri Lanka

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Morning all, can someone put up the score every few mins please, I can't get the streaming, bloody internet!!! Great play by Ireland when bowling, really love cricket. Thanks guys

Porterfield gone ..

Ireland 41-1
    overs 4.2
    Target 95

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

50 up

72-1 after 7.2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

How are they doing now, should be nearly there (fingers crossed)

• Advertisement

84 -1 after 8 ...

11 runs needed :)

Advertisement