Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T20 Qualifiers in UAE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Is there a reason why Boyd only bowled 3 overs?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Andrew Poynter in for Mooney.

Off to a flying start today v Uganda.

Ireland 76-0 after 7 ovs R/R of 10.86. Porterfield 35 n/o and Stirling 39 n/o

~Nice bit of jinxing there by me. Ireland now at 92-2 after 10 overs. Stirling out for 41, then Joyce out for 2.

Uganda using their 8th different bowler to date in the 11th over!

2 overs left and Ireland now on 165-3.

Things had slowed down somewhat but a huge 28 runs in the 18th over has put Ireland back on track for a big score

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Whats the story with the coverage on the Cricket Ireland website? I went on to it on my tablet this morning and they were showing Ireland, and when I switched over to my laptop it was PNG or something. Can you choose which game to watch, or did they switch feed this morning?

I dunno, I'm in work so can only get the text updates.

Ireland finish with 179-5 after their 20 overs. Should certainly be hoping to defend that total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Namibia only got to 120/7 against Oman, here's hoping they lose today because us topping the group will make things alot easier in these playoffs.

Namibia only got to 120/7 against Oman, here's hoping they lose today because us topping the group will make things alot easier in these playoffs.

Anywhere doing text updates for this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

Updates on www.cricinfo.com

But unfortunately the 29 runs that Oman allowed off the last two overs will hurt them i feel and be the difference

Big advantage winning the group than finishing 2nd

Come on OMAN!!!

• Advertisement

Come on Oman indeed. Just read that Namibia were 49-5 at one stage. They managed to get 49 from the last 5 overs, which as you sauid could make the difference

Ireland take a wicket in the 1st over of the Ugandan innings

Unfortunately Oman are a man down too early on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Oman 2 down :(

Oman 30/3 now. Think we can forget about them winning that. Namibia have Italy in their last group game, so it will more than likely have to be the tricky route for Ireland if they are to make it

I think Im stuggling to grasp the format of this. Can someone clarify if the following is correct, or if Im on the right track:

The winners of each group play each other, with the winner of that game goes through.

2nd and 3rd place from each group play each other, with winners of those games then playing each other. The winner of this match goes on to play the losing 1st place team for the other qualifying spot.

Is that correct?

djimi wrote: »
    I think Im stuggling to grasp the format of this. Can someone clarify if the following is correct, or if Im on the right track:

The winners of each group play each other, with the winner of that game goes through.

2nd and 3rd place from each group play each other, with winners of those games then playing each other. The winner of this match goes on to play the losing 1st place team for the other qualifying spot.

Is that correct?

Yep thats it. Group winners have a huge advantage in terms of getting one of the 2 places.

Oman collapsing and are now 58/6, Uganda 44/5 against us. Ireland going to have to do it the hard way.

Namibia win by 36 runs :(

And an 82 run win for Ireland

Ireland beat Oman this morning by 46 runs, Wilson top scored with 52 not out. We need Italy to somehow pinch a win v Namibia to top the group.

Namibia 194/2. Im less than confident that Italy are going to do us any favours here...

• Advertisement

How long has Di Venuto being playing for Italy btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Di Venuto has been involved since the start of the tournament, think that his brother played for them before though.

USA just beat Scotland that knocks them out. (actually it doesn't they made it through by .007)

Italy werent able to help us out unfortunately. Top marks to Namibia; would not have said they would have finished the group on 7 wins from 7.

Looks like were playing Canada now? Scotland v Holland the other preliminary game.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

BTW lads it seems Setanta are showing the games live,

Fixture: TBC
    Tournament: ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier
    Time: Mar 22, 2012 5:50
    Broadcasts: Setanta Ireland - 05:50 > 09:05

Let's hope it's true. I don't see why it wouldn't be, virtually every other country has it on the tv somewhere. Also RTE will have highlights of the games at night I presume...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

record button pressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

BBC reporting that Cricket Ireland have confirmed that Tim Murtagh has flown to Dubai, to provide emergency cover for the injured Alex Cusack who has to pass a fitness test on a tight hamstring.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

BBC reporting that Cricket Ireland have confirmed that Tim Murtagh has flown to Dubai, to provide emergency cover for the injured Alex Cusack who has to pass a fitness test on a tight hamstring.

It's confirmed :)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

The Ireland v Canada game has been moved to the Dubai Stadium and will be starting at 10am UAE time, 6am Irish time - this ties in with Setanta having a start at 5.50am.

RTE2 has a highlights programme as well late tomorrow night.

3 wins from the next 3 games and we will qualify, lose a match and we're out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Trampas

ICC World Twenty20 qualifier: Highlights - Ireland v Canada – Thursday 22 March at 11.30pm.
    ICC World Twenty20 qualifier: Highlights - Ireland/Canada v Scotland/Netherlands – Friday 23 March at 11.45pm
    ICC World Twenty20 qualifier: Saturday 24 March at 11.35pm

what is the point if showing this late

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Trampas wrote: »
    ICC World Twenty20 qualifier: Highlights - Ireland v Canada – Thursday 22 March at 11.30pm.
    ICC World Twenty20 qualifier: Highlights - Ireland/Canada v Scotland/Netherlands – Friday 23 March at 11.45pm
    ICC World Twenty20 qualifier: Saturday 24 March at 11.35pm

what is the point if showing this late

I think that it is a great achievement to have any mention of the UAE tournament in the press or television. There is a significant reluctance to show Associate Matches on TV period.

This is the first time that any of Ireland's matches within an associates only competition have been shown on RTE. Progress IMO. :)

Advertisement